Author Topic: A VERY minor bug  (Read 1971 times)

Offline Black Robed One

• Gentlemanly Magician and
  • Planewalker
A VERY minor bug
« on: February 26, 2005, 09:14:52 AM »
It is a VERY minor bug indeed, but I thought it was worth mentioning,

I’ve installed Kesley (although neither of two parties I am currently playing has a place for him in their rank; I am still thinking about a PC for Kesley Romance) along with Weimer’s Solaufein Mod (the latest version of it), and needless to say, installed Kesley/Solaufein interactions. However, I soon noticed, that the text of Weimer’s Auto-Buff scripts (which were installed along with Weimer’s Solaufein Mod) changed into what appear to be parts of conversations between Kesley and Anomen. Not big deal, especially since I didn’t use these scripts anyway, but I thought that I’d mention this bug.

Offline Xiao

• Planewalker
  • Do not taunt Happy Fun Xiao.
Re: A VERY minor bug
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2005, 09:28:04 AM »
Sounds like a dialogue file corruption perhaps (dialog.tlk?), rather than a bug with Kelsey.  I have both Kelsey and Solaufein installed without this issue.

I had a similar issue after installing a different mod - Irenicus' lines at the beginning were changed into those of Neeber in Trademeet - ended up just doing a clean removal and reinstall of everything.

Offline Black Robed One

• Gentlemanly Magician and
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2005, 09:32:17 AM »
Sounds like a dialogue file corruption perhaps (dialog.tlk?), rather than a bug with Kelsey.  I have both Kelsey and Solaufein installed without this issue.

I had a similar issue after installing a different mod - Irenicus' lines at the beginning were changed into those of Neeber in Trademeet - ended up just doing a clean removal and reinstall of everything.

I see. Well, thanks for advice, Xiao.

However, I am a little hesitant to re-install the entire BGII (plus Throne of Bhaal and Solaufein Mod), especially since the solution is not garaunteed. I guess, I'll keep things as they are for now, at least, for as long as no more bugs will surface. As I said, this bug caused me no real problems for now.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2005, 09:36:32 AM by Black Robed One »

Offline Bex

• black marketeer
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2005, 12:31:58 PM »
I had a similar issue after installing a different mod - Irenicus' lines at the beginning were changed into those of Neeber in Trademeet

"faster cutscenes" from ease of use does that on purpose.
Silverjon's Journal: a Baldur's Gate fanfic/semi-AAR, by yours truly

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: