Author Topic: Eldoth/Skie BG1 plot.  (Read 3333 times)

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
Eldoth/Skie BG1 plot.
« on: February 20, 2005, 01:20:23 PM »
So, what I remember is this:

- You meet Eldoth. He explains his lover is Skie Silvershield, daughter of Entar Silvershield.
- He wants you to help him to pretend to kidnap her, so they can blackmail Entar for money. Then, they will live happily ever after.
- Eldoth is blatantly just using Skie.

I could do with some filling in on the rest of the plot. :) I then remember that Entar dies for some reason. Was he murdered by Slythe and Kristin? Also, where was Skie found?

Also, what kit do people think would fit Eldoth? As a possible inclusion in a Tutu tweak pack or something. Either an existing one, or a completely new one.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Re: Eldoth/Skie BG1 plot.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2005, 01:23:24 PM »
As for a kit, I've always stuck with the generic bard for him.  To me, at least, he just doesn't seem to "fit" being a skald (a skald evokes a sense of a warrior and honor to me).  Jester?  No... That leaves the blade.  I just don't see Eldoth as a blade, either.  I'm not sure any of the S&S kits would work, either. 
<Moongaze> Luckily BWL has a very understanding and friendly admin.

Offline NiGHTMARE

• Idiot
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2005, 01:43:28 PM »
I remember once suggesting this kit for Eldoth:

CHARLATAN: This type of bard is a wanderer. They go from town to town, switching from one identity to another, always a step ahead of the last person they swindled. In large cities, Charlatans may be able to live out most of their lives moving from one quarter to the next. When times are tough and no great con comes to mind, Charlatans sometimes perform sleight-of-hand tricks just to get by. Charlatans also have a knack for acquiring jobs which allow them to bluff their way through each day, and they may sometimes be found masquerading as priests, healers, sages, diplomats, powerful mages, and retired heroes.

The advantages and disadvantages I provided weren't too great, so if the kit appeals I'd suggest coming up with your own :).
The Gibberlings Three - home to the BG1 NPC Project, BG2 Tweak Pack, Divine Remix, GemRB, Lands of Intrigue, Song & Silence, and many more!

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2005, 01:56:21 PM »
NiGHT: Heh, Bons and I just discussed that on IRC. What were the ideas you came up with? Here's the edited chat log, btw:

<Bons> Andyr, have you learned everything about Skie/Eldoth yet?
<Andyr> Bons: No. I just posted. Do you know? :D
<Bons> What I remember from my recent game spelunking...
<Andyr> then please spill :)
<Bons> Skie is found on the second floor of the Silvershield estate.
<Andyr> Right.
<Bons> You have to either talk the guards downstairs out of trying to kill you, sneak past them, or Eldoth tells you about some side stairs.
<Bons> Her father is killed as part of the bif game plot since he's one of the dukes of BG.
<Bons> bif = big.
<Andyr> When is he killed? before the kidnap? or does it depend on the chapter?
<Andyr> Slythe and Kritsten admit it, right?
<Bons> You find out before you sabe Eltan?
<Bons> sabe = save
<Andyr> There is no chance of ever meeting her father, though, is there?
<Bons> He's in the estate, I beleive.
<Bons> 'He has three lines, one is a charmed dialogue.
<Bons> And I think you can keep going to the Blade and Stars indefinitely to collect ransom money.
<Bons> As long as E/S is in the group
<Andyr> Who was the contact? Was it Cyrdemac?
<Bons> Elkart
<Bons> I think BG1NPC adds dialogue to Skie about the death of her father.
<Bons> Her basic files don't seem to acknowledge ot.
<Bons> ot = it.
<Bons> Good lord. It's like I'm typing with Play-dough.
<Andyr> Thanks. :)
<Bons> As for kit, Eldoth would have to be something poison inclined, or some sort of gigolo schmoozer if he had a kit.
<Bons> I don't think Skald, Blade or Jester fit him.
<GrimSqueaker> Andy, I demand you make a Gigolo Schmoozer kit
<Andyr> heh. Any ideas from pnp/your mind? I agree about the default ones.
* Bons opens S&S
* Bons tosses S&S aside and opens 2e Bard's Handbook.
<Andyr> Hi, JC.
<Bons> Is Eldoth CE?
<Andyr> NE.
<Roland> Hello.
<Andyr> Hi, Rol
<Andyr> Bons: Charlatan?
<Bons> I was just thinking that, though I'm wondering how you'd inmplement it.
<Bons> For the faking a skill vs. having the skill.
<Andyr> Yeh, hmm.
<Andyr> It could get a bonus to Pick Pockets and some use of Charm Person/Friends or something, but it's not really as distinct as the other kits.
<Bons> Yes, I agree there.
<Bons> Roleplaying, it's nifty, but game implementation is wacky.
<Andyr> Yeh.
<Andyr> The book says they get a 5% Pick Pockets bonus (p14?)
<Bons> I mean, you could give the kit minor multiclass skills with a huge change of failure, I guess.
<Bons> Wasn't there some attack thing in there/
<Andyr> They have to take Long Sword, Short Sword and Dagger.
<Andyr> *or not and
<Bons> They can use any armor
<Bons> Yes on the +5% PP
<Andyr> That couldn't be coded, though.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline Bons

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Glad Corvis Isn't Dead Club
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2005, 02:13:05 PM »
   <Bons>   Okay, this charm type thing they talk about with a save vs. paralysation could be manifested as some kind of "Fraud" feat.
   <Bons>   Like a fake out in battle.
   <Bons>   The charlatan could pretend he's berserking or doing some flashy sword move w/o actually knowing what he's doing.
   <Andyr>   What'd it do?
   <Bons>   I'm looking at the 'Masquerade' section.
   <Andyr>  An ability that has a chance of Berserk, Offensive Spin, Defensive Spin, or nothing?
   <Bons>   That's possible.
   <Bons>   It's like he's mimimicking it, but he doesn't actually know it, so there has to be a greater chance for it to fail or the target to see through it.
   <Andyr>   kk
   <Andyr>   Got to head off... can you post that? :) Later, all
   |<--   Andyr has left irc.slashnet.org (Quit: )
   <Bons>   But I was also thinking along the lines of the chance to paralyze the opponent. Like in the kungfu movies, when the fighter does all this fancy stuff to psych the other guy out, and the opponent stands there, like, "Whoa. Damn! My ass is peanut butter!"
Newt had always suspected that people who regularly used the word "community" were using it in a very specific sense that excluded him and everyone he knew.

--Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, "Good Omens"

Offline Ashara

• Tired
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2005, 01:21:35 PM »
There is also an unused subplot in the game - Kagain's caravan was carrying Entar's son, Skie's brother. A cut out Kagain's text reffers to it. Another character related to Skie is Brilla, which BG1NPC vliantly made into Entar's second wife, who is only all too happy to get rid of Skie. I never managed to locate Skie's father on the estate (I tried).

I usually use Jester as Eldoth's kit.
Hang in there. I'll try to make you glad you did.
—George R.R. Martin

There is nothing better than imagining other worlds [...] to forget the painful one we live in. At least so I thought then. I hadn't yet realized that, imagining other worlds, you end up changing this one.
-Umberto Eco, Baudolino

Three mods you shall make - one too bad and one to dread and one to love.

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2005, 01:30:15 PM »
Oh, hmm. Thanks, Domi. :)

Also, what're his weapon proficiencies in BG1/Tutu?

Offline Ashara

• Tired
  • Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2005, 02:12:31 PM »
Bows, small swords, spears in vanilla, so I suspect it will be short bow, dagger (or short sword) and halberd in TUTU.
Hang in there. I'll try to make you glad you did.
—George R.R. Martin

There is nothing better than imagining other worlds [...] to forget the painful one we live in. At least so I thought then. I hadn't yet realized that, imagining other worlds, you end up changing this one.
-Umberto Eco, Baudolino

Three mods you shall make - one too bad and one to dread and one to love.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: