Author Topic: Archived Posts - Restored Conversations  (Read 7131 times)

Offline SixOfSpades

• Planewalker
    • Volothamp's Comeuppance
Archived Posts - Restored Conversations
« on: February 20, 2005, 12:15:14 PM »
The first Feral Halflings conversation (the one with Entu) causes the second group of Halflings (in the furnace room) to turn hostile to one of their own members: As soon as your conversation with Entu is finished, the two Halfling Warriors attack and kill Necre.

While testing, I found a similar quirk of their AI: If you Ctrl-J directly into the furnace room (or, I imagine, sneak past the first group of Halflings so that Entu cannot initiate conversation), Taibela has a pacifism problem: She will cast PfMW as soon as she sees you, and then do precisely nothing for four rounds. She does not, however, suffer from this problem if Necre has already been killed. Quite curious.

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Re: Restored Conversations bug
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 06:49:41 PM »
This, hopefully, is fixed with the release of v14.  If someone wants to double-check it to be certain, however, that'd be swell.  :)
<Moongaze> Luckily BWL has a very understanding and friendly admin.

Offline Mr.WaeseL

• Planewalker
Re: Restored Conversations bug
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2005, 03:19:19 PM »
The conversation bug is fixed. I didn't pay enough attention to the pacifism bug so I don't know about that one, but I didn't notice anything odd about her compared to a nonmodded game.

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
WeiDu error for Restored Minor Dialogues
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 09:37:31 AM »
I get this following error when I try installing the component above indicated.

ar1303.bcs.BCS] parsed
[SPELL.IDS] parsed

[ar1303.bcs.BAF] PARSE ERROR at line 9 column 31-44
Near Text: ActionOverride
   syntax error

[ar1303.bcs.BAF]  ERROR at line 9 column 31-44
Near Text: ActionOverride
   Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [ar1303.bcs.BAF]: Parsing.Parse_error

The WeiDu installation doesn't stop though.

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
Re: WeiDu error for Restored Minor Dialogues
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 10:43:12 AM »
Thanks, I'll look into it. Could you happen to tell me:

- Which version of WeiDU the installer says it is using? This will be near the top of the debug file.
- Are you using ToB, or SoA only?
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline CamDawg

• Infidel
  • Planewalker
  • Dreaming of a red Xmas
    • The Gibberlings Three
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 10:47:05 AM »
There's a conflict between the BG2 Fixpack and the restored minor dialogue component, as noted in the Fixpack forum. A fix has been posted here for UB.
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006, 10:57:07 AM »
Hello!

Only now I noticed CamDawg's punctual warning just a little under my own topic. Sorry about reporting something already known! 

To my defense, I can just say that I thought that this conflict would have been dealt with with the realese of Beta 2 of the Fixpack... :P

Offline CamDawg

• Infidel
  • Planewalker
  • Dreaming of a red Xmas
    • The Gibberlings Three
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006, 11:46:26 AM »
It's not something that can be fixed on Fixpack's end, unfortunately. That's why I've posted code for UB. :)
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2006, 11:49:20 AM »
Gotcha--I didn't twig that this was the same fix you'd mentioned a few weeks ago. :)

For anyone else, the relevant thread is here: http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,22638.0.html
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline Enlightenmenthk

• Planewalker
DeArnise Keep Freeze Up
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2007, 04:35:10 AM »
I've seen some threads that mention the keep, but I didn't catch a solution in them. I've uninstalled the minor dialogue restorations since a conflict was mentioned with that and BGfix in the keep, but still not working. Most of the keep runs fine. But indoor, second level the game will continually freeze. It'll be playable for a few seconds there, than it'll get interrupted by increasingly lengthier freezes until no action can be taken at all. Anyone know of anything that can help this?

Thanks.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: DeArnise Keep Freeze Up
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2007, 05:07:21 AM »
Uninstall the component called "The Minor Dialogue Restorations" - it seems to be buggy in the current version, and re-enter the keep.

Offline Elfen Lied

• Der Engel Des Todes
  • Planewalker
    • Diablo3.com
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2007, 05:10:31 AM »
there could be a mod conflict issue what mods do you have installed?

other than that i dont really know

Uninstall the component called "The Minor Dialogue Restorations" - it seems to be buggy in the current version, and re-enter the keep.

yeh i think Kulyok's got it.
Gods in His Heaven, Alls right with the World.
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
Vi Veri Venivursum Vivus Vici - By the power of truth, i while living have conquered the Universe

Offline cmorgan

• Planewalker
  • Searcher of Bugs
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2007, 07:10:33 AM »
confirmed (I just ran into this on my install). There is also thread materials in both UB posts and G3 Fixpack materials that deal with the Glacius Charm fix and something about Ajantis - may need to revisit those threads if you change Anomen ariund o try to charm Glacius in the Keep.

The component can be uninstalled with absolutely no harm - I played the whole first floor of the Keep, went up to the second floor and experienced the trouble, quit, uninstalled the component, and went forward from the AutoSave before entering upstairs, and everything went beautifully.

Offline Enlightenmenthk

• Planewalker
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2007, 05:17:53 PM »
I thought it was the Minor Restorations component myself, uninstalled and still hit the same issues. Wandered over to the Gibberlings 3 site and found out that it was primarily a BGFix issue. For whatever reason the 'Unnecessary but cool' (or whatever its called) component about 'Shapeshifting paws' crashes the second level of DeArnise Keep. All fixed, thanks for the help.

My Glacius charm worked fine, hopefully my Boo quest Trolls will too. (doubtful). Can I bother someone for a hint of where to start with the boo quest? (hamster just got kidnapped, and I've never done this one) Walking around the Docks and finding nothing.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: