Author Topic: A Kiss Before Dying  (Read 5918 times)

Offline SixOfSpades

• Planewalker
    • Volothamp's Comeuppance
A Kiss Before Dying
« on: February 02, 2005, 01:19:42 PM »
Dahlia:
Bugs: Her skeletal form should be classed as Undead.
Her "You have freed me, <PRO_RACE>" line should be "You have freed me, <GABBER>," or some other line which does not run the risk of misidentifying Jan Jansen as a Half-Orc.

Suggestions: If the encounter is going to be limited to a single conversation, that conversation should be as satisfying as possible. Therefore, while it is good that she registers repugnance at her form, I think her character would be more fleshed-out (pardon the pun) if she mentioned whether or not the Cleric's spell worked correctly, whether or not she remembers the face that she now wears. She should also mention that she does not care if you kiss her or kill her--either one will free her from the curse of flesh (if this is indeed true, of course).

[ADD:] Hey, the Iron Modder 3 Results thread mentions a portrait and a 'smooch' sound for Dahlia. Weighing their filesize and their fleeting in-game nature, are they work adding to the mod?[/ADD]

Besamen:
Bugs: Even if he has told you about where he & his wife lived and worked, Basiera is not placed on the map, and neither Enge nor Mira have dialogue options through which you can inquire about Basiera. Therefore, the PC is forced to wait for Besamen's explicit instructions, rather than continue this quest on the strength of a hunch. This is only important because saying that "I don't have time for this right now" (even once) kills his ever proceeding further with the narrative.
In a similar vein, if you tell Baisera that you've "changed your mind about this," she is left with nothing to say to the party, for the rest of the game. (Now, while that is in character, a line saying that she's not going to have anything to do with you would be better than the standard "we didn't write any [more] dialogue for this character.")

Suggestions: It seems odd that Baisera is created by your conversations with Besamen and Mira. I'd prefer it if she was there (and just had some "leave me alone" or "oh, what a wonderful herb" lines) right from the start of the game.
Mira seemed to be awfully familiar with the back rooms of the Copper Coronet--I know that the security in that place isn't exactly tight, but I think it would be better if Mira was a bit more naive in this regard. If word about the Coronet was THAT widespread, the Radiant Heart would have battered their doors down months ago.
Baisera seems remarkably cogent (and employable) for someone who's sold her life to Black Lotus. It would be more believeable if she mentioned that she has run out of money, and hasn't had any Black Lotus for two days. Further, at the conclusion of the quest, the party should have the option of offering her some money (500 or 1000 gold), and make her swear on Besamen's soul that she will not spend it on Black Lotus. The Virtue point should be dependent on this.
Baisera hints at a nicely Evil way of doing the quest (tricking her into visiting a tomb empty of everything but her husband's twice-slain body rotting in a defiled grave), which sadly is not implemented--it would only take a couple of lines of dialogue (and, as an ex-Cleric of Sune, a spell or two) to flesh out this extra dimension.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2005, 01:56:30 PM by SixOfSpades »

Offline SixOfSpades

• Planewalker
    • Volothamp's Comeuppance
Re: A Kiss Before Dying
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 01:20:22 PM »
Decided this would go better in the QP Workroom.

Are there any other Kiss Before Dying mods in QP?

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
Re: A Kiss Before Dying
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2005, 07:13:24 AM »
Oh, uh, incidentally I've included eveything mentioned here except the evil Baisera path, although I'll likely to that for a future version.
There aren't any other Kiss Before Dying ones in QP.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: