Author Topic: Planar Sphere stuff  (Read 23756 times)

Offline SixOfSpades

• Planewalker
    • Volothamp's Comeuppance
Planar Sphere stuff
« on: February 20, 2005, 12:48:14 AM »
Restored Conversations: The first Feral Halflings conversation (the one with Entu) causes the second group of Halflings (in the furnace room) to turn hostile to one of their own members. As soon as your conversation with Entu is finished, the two Halfling Warriors attack Necre. While testing, I found a similar quirk of their AI: If you Ctrl-J directly into the furnace room (or, I imagine, sneak past the first group of Halflings so that they cannot initiate conversation), Taibela has a pacifism problem: She will cast PfMW as soon as she sees you, and then do precisely nothing for four rounds. She does not suffer from this problem, however, if Necre has already been killed. Quite curious.

Non-Mages Sending the Solamnic Knights Home: True, you can talk to the Knights and agree to try to find a way of sending them back, and you can talk to Ribald (and I assume Wessallen) about it, but you are never given any sort of hint as to where to go, not even in your Journal. Perhaps the "Mage-specific" part of the quest should be extended a bit further for non-Mages, so that Teos makes a token appearance and leads the player towards Ribald and/or the Radiant Heart.
Also, when entering the Sphere after seeing Ribald, I get the following error message:
OBSSOL01Starting Conditions Errors:- Special Case: Player Not found. Check for proper brackets. Line Number: 1

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
Re: Planar Sphere stuff
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2005, 05:46:49 AM »
Restored Conversations: The first Feral Halflings conversation (the one with Entu) causes the second group of Halflings (in the furnace room) to turn hostile to one of their own members. As soon as your conversation with Entu is finished, the two Halfling Warriors attack Necre. While testing, I found a similar quirk of their AI: If you Ctrl-J directly into the furnace room (or, I imagine, sneak past the first group of Halflings so that they cannot initiate conversation), Taibela has a pacifism problem: She will cast PfMW as soon as she sees you, and then do precisely nothing for four rounds. She does not suffer from this problem, however, if Necre has already been killed. Quite curious.
Restored conversations is UB, not me. :)

Non-Mages Sending the Solamnic Knights Home: True, you can talk to the Knights and agree to try to find a way of sending them back, and you can talk to Ribald (and I assume Wessallen) about it, but you are never given any sort of hint as to where to go, not even in your Journal. Perhaps the "Mage-specific" part of the quest should be extended a bit further for non-Mages, so that Teos makes a token appearance and leads the player towards Ribald and/or the Radiant Heart.
I gave this one a bit of thought at the time, and I couldn't really think of a quick and easy reason for Teos to turn up. Perhaps I could have the knights suggest you seek out a wizard, and have Corneil in the Government Building say something.

Also, when entering the Sphere after seeing Ribald, I get the following error message:
OBSSOL01Starting Conditions Errors:- Special Case: Player Not found. Check for proper brackets. Line Number: 1
Weird. Not sure what's causing it offhand, but will take a look.

Offline Caedwyr

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2005, 03:14:40 PM »

I gave this one a bit of thought at the time, and I couldn't really think of a quick and easy reason for Teos to turn up. Perhaps I could have the knights suggest you seek out a wizard, and have Corneil in the Government Building say something.

A journal entry that has the protagonist musing that they should find some wizard willing to send the knights home would be one appropriate way of giving a hint without being too obvious about it.  Personally if I had to send some people home another dimension, and they were brought to this dimension by a wizard, I'd go and seek out the wizard most likely to give me a hand with the problem (the guy who sells you a license in the Government Building is the first to come to mind for me).
"Knowledge is Power.  Power Corrupts.  Study Hard.  Be Evil."  - Mikka

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2005, 04:22:45 PM »
Yeh, that's Corneil.

(Incidentally, I think wizards are mistrusted at various points in history in Krynn, but I don't think we need to dwell on that here. They'd probably make an exception in any case.)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2005, 04:45:04 PM by SimDing0™ »

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2005, 07:26:16 AM »
Okay, the "Check for proper brackets." message is a vanilla BG2 bug, but QP now fixes it.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: