Author Topic: Tutufix version 9 kicks bugs and takes names!  (Read 7066 times)

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
Re: Tutufix version 9 kicks bugs and takes names!
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2005, 10:43:15 AM »
Did you install the Dudleyville fixes on BG1? I believe they remove NARRAT.CRE which could be the problem.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

DC

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2005, 04:59:34 AM »
Did you install the Dudleyville fixes on BG1? I believe they remove NARRAT.CRE which could be the problem.
Yes, I did. Next time I will follow instructions to the word. Thank you for your explanation.

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2005, 08:53:09 AM »
Let us know if it works without them. It should do. :)

I believe incorporating the fixes (though not necessarily by the same method as Dudley) is on the list of Things To Do For The Next Version.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Salk

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2005, 11:42:45 AM »
So you guys are giving up about implementing Dudleyfixes ? That sounds really bad :( Oh well...We can't have everything in our lives... :pirate

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2005, 12:46:53 PM »
Well, I think we were going to fix the bugs, but not necessarily the same way he did.

So, for example, instead of getting rid of NARRAT.CRE because his name is Dradeel we'll probably just change the name to a blank or something. Also, there's a few instances of making items unstealable by equipping them in weird locations, where a better method would be just to flag the item unstealable...

Salk

« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2005, 12:53:46 PM »
Yes, of course Andyr! But I thought that this same process was the one that japh started with version 5 of TuTu. It was a matter of choosing which fixes could be considered compatible and directly implementable. I know this gonna take quite some time and I had actually hoped that Dudley himself could be of assistance in this but I didn't hear from him for three weeks now. Must be busy... :pirate

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2005, 03:36:08 PM »
Version 6 of the main package will ideally have a built-in Dudley .tp2 that runs before conversion, to fix BG1 bugs.  It might be empty to begin with, but eventually, yes, we hope to include Dudley's fixes.  Relax.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Salk

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2005, 12:10:42 AM »
Wow, Ghreyfain...How can I relax after such commitment ?  :pirate Doesn't work...I will be melting in the frying pan untill version 6 of TuTu...Hey! You're responsible to not make all my fat evaporates (hm...let it cook some though...)!  ;D

DC

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2005, 02:11:14 PM »
It's me again with another problem :)

ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
Resource [_EADFUCK.CRE] not found in KEY file:
[./chitin.key]
Stopping installation because of error.
ERROR Installing [Core Bugfixes], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 186 files for [SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled    186 files for [SETUP-TUTUFIX.TP2] component 0.
ERROR: Failure("resource [_EADFUCK.CRE] not found for 'COPY'")
Using Language [English]

I have installed BG1, BG1 official patch, DirectX8 update for BG1, BG1FixPack11.exe and BG1TOSCGameTextUpdate11.exe from Baldurdash.
Also, I have files _EADFUCK.CRE in D:\BG2\bg1tutu\tutufix\backup\0 and D:\BG2\bg1tutu\tutufix\backup\7 directories. What should I do?

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2005, 02:20:48 PM »
Oh, weird, hmm.

A suggestion would be to try to copy the file from the backup folder to Override, as that's where it is looking for it. It is strange that it was there at some point before (as it is in backup) but is not now (as it can't find it).

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2005, 03:22:20 PM »
Maybe this is one of those 0-byte WeiDU things?  Does deadfuck.cre exist in BG1?

Edit: Never mind.  It does.  I wonder why it didn't get converted?  Doesn't exist in any area?

DC: Do you have any BG1 mods installed?  Dudleyfix, perhaps?
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2005, 05:47:56 PM »
...maybe Japh built a swearing filter into Tutu?

Offline Roana

• Planewalker
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2005, 06:33:32 PM »
Maybe this is one of those 0-byte WeiDU things?  Does deadfuck.cre exist in BG1?

The creature DEADFUCK.CRE is the dead Miner "Joseph" in the Area AR5403, from which you find the greenstone ring, you can give back a woman in Nashkell in the little house in the south of the town. It is there as Actor in this Area.

It is one of the early corpses in BG1, named as "Amnish Soldier" in the Area and in the creature file and for this case not easy to find, if you don't know where to search it.

Choose your friends deliberately, your enemys will find you by themselves (Y. Arafat)

The difference between reality and fantasy related to roleplaying is: fantasy _have to be_ logical (forgotten, where I have read this, but its very true)

DC

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2005, 01:34:38 AM »
DC: Do you have any BG1 mods installed?  Dudleyfix, perhaps?
I didn't install Dudleyfix at all, following your recommendation.

I have had installed Ease-of-use pack v2.1 (http://pageperso.aol.fr/Ipotemine/), The Vault Version 4.0 (http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/azenmod/#Vault) and The Grey Clan Episode I: Last Breath of the Past (http://gibberlings3.net/tgc/index.php). And I couldn't install Tutufix. They I had them uninstalled with the same result.

Then I had aforementioned addons installed back again. Then I have copied from my D:\BG2\bg1tutu\tutufix\backup\0 folder to folder D:\BG2\override files _EADFUCK.CRE, _DAGG07.itm and _sw1h06.itm as well. And then core bugfixes have been installed successfully!

I had the same story with _AMNIS3 DLG, _AMNIS4 DLG, _BOB.DLG, _CORY.DLG, _DILOK.DLG, _DINK.DLG, _EMERS2.DLG, _EMERSO.DLG, _FLAM4.DLG, _GORD.DLG, _KYLEE.DLG, _LENA.DLG, _MARVIN.DLG, _MULAHE.DLG, _PRISM.DLG, _RUFFIE.DLG while installing Organized Journal Entries fix from Tutufix.

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2005, 05:50:56 AM »
Jumping gibberlings, Ghrey, something fishy is going on here. To the Tutumobile!

Okay, I'm not being helpful. Uh. But why would _EADFUCK.CRE be in the backup folder but not the override?

Salk

« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2005, 08:49:54 AM »
Ehm Sim...I'd want Roana in the TuTu Team! Will you buy her please ?  ::)

Offline Roana

• Planewalker
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2005, 09:30:23 AM »
:)

I'm not buyable :)

And remember: all my beginning knowledge in scripting I have from Sim's Complete Scripting Guide (now I have some more during try&error  ;) )

Choose your friends deliberately, your enemys will find you by themselves (Y. Arafat)

The difference between reality and fantasy related to roleplaying is: fantasy _have to be_ logical (forgotten, where I have read this, but its very true)

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2005, 07:04:26 PM »
Okay, I'm not being helpful. Uh. But why would _EADFUCK.CRE be in the backup folder but not the override?

That's what I wondered.

Did copying the file from backup to override work?

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2005, 09:36:44 PM »
Did copying the file from backup to override work?

Quote from: DC
Then I have copied from my D:\BG2\bg1tutu\tutufix\backup\0 folder to folder D:\BG2\override files _EADFUCK.CRE, _DAGG07.itm and _sw1h06.itm as well. And then core bugfixes have been installed successfully!

Apparently it did work, but I don't want to think about what'll happen in-game.  _sw1h06 is used by Greywolf, _dagg07 is used by Miner Dink, and as we now know, _eadfuck.cre is in the bottom level as a corpse.  I don't think your adventure through the Nashkel region will go smoothly.

My theory is that since you have a bad AREA5400.bif that the transition didn't see it, thus it didn't see _sw1h06.itm in use in the game, and didn't convert that, either.  Same for the dagger and corpse.  Can you check to see if _greywo.cre exists in your BG2 override folder?  If it's not, I think that confirms my guess.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2005, 01:31:48 PM by Ghreyfain »
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2005, 10:18:14 AM »
... used by Ghreyfain?

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2005, 10:28:05 AM »
lololol easter egg!!!!!!!!11

Disclaimer: Is joke. Tutu will never feature shitty easter eggs. :)

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2005, 01:31:32 PM »
Er, oops.  Greywolf.  Hahaha.  One helluva typo.
Earn Money Sleeping.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: