Author Topic: I humbly request your assistance. (Minsc-related bug)  (Read 3475 times)

Offline Mikayel

• Planewalker
I humbly request your assistance. (Minsc-related bug)
« on: January 23, 2005, 07:32:57 PM »
Hello and good day, I'm having a bit of trouble in BG2, now, my problem is that after a certain time, either when my virtue rises or when a set number of days pass, Minsc goes through some strange issue where he is constantly trying to speak to my main character, the problem is that the dialogue never initiates and Minsc is left ATTEMPTING to speak to me every 5 or so seconds, this is a real annoyance and makes Minsc damn-near unusable, this is the second time this has happend to me, the first time I thought it was a major bug and went the route of reinstalling and restarting, damn shame, my precious level 20 monk was lost...

Some background info;

I have the Unfinished Business and Ashes of Embers mods installed, as well as the Dungeon-Be-Gone mod, all of which are very fine additions, and thank you to all of the modders for creating them.

I'm assuming there's some kind of code to force Minsc's speech with me, any help at all would be much appliged.

Also, I apologize if this is in the wrong section of the forum, this seemed to be the best place to begin.

Thank you in, advance.

Offline Mikayel

• Planewalker
Re: I humbly request your assistance. (Minsc-related bug)
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2005, 07:40:13 PM »
Thank you for the move, Icelus.

I had a feeling I would have put it in the wrong place... just wasn't sure what was causing the problem so I figured a general section would be better than the wrong specific area.

Regardless, thanks.

Offline Mikayel

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2005, 07:51:55 PM »
Apparently the new V17 fixes that, problem is, that it no longer does me any good, I tried installing v17 but it was too late as Minsc was already trying to initiate dialogue with me, my save is literally seconds after my Virtue bonus, so a few questions which I think the answers to may solve my problem.

Can I roll back virtue?
Can I force Minsc to talk to me?

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2005, 11:36:01 PM »
It really should fix things for you, since Minsc's script will have changed, even in the saved game.  Are you sure he's still stuttering?  Maybe try ctrl+y and then ctrl+r on him?
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Mikayel

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2005, 02:02:02 AM »
Hmm, I'll give it a swing.

EDIT: Nay, same issue, upgraded to v17, got Minsc to rejoin at the Coronet, and still stuttering, I killed/ressurected him like you suggested, same problem.

It's okay now though, I replaced him with Haer'Dalis and he's almost as good as Minsc... well, in ways, he's better.

EDIT #2: Your avatar is the ambrosia of gods.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2005, 02:12:25 AM by Mikayel »

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2005, 12:35:09 PM »
Hmm, I'll give it a swing.

EDIT: Nay, same issue, upgraded to v17, got Minsc to rejoin at the Coronet, and still stuttering, I killed/ressurected him like you suggested, same problem.

It's okay now though, I replaced him with Haer'Dalis and he's almost as good as Minsc... well, in ways, he's better.

It'd be interesting to see if the bug would re-occur in a new game, too.  Try accepting Minsc into your party and then killing Jaheira and Imoen, to see if he starts stuttering again.

EDIT #2: Your avatar is the ambrosia of gods.

Heh, well thanks.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Mikayel

• Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2005, 12:39:53 PM »
Willl try now...

Okay, restarted the game, killed Imoen (she ran off with the belt), killed Jaheira... three times (she died permanently), lost about 6 Virtue and Minsc only said that we should "strive to be just" and that he would not tolerate "this".

So... guess the stutter bug is cleansed out, and it's just in the save game...

It doesn't bother me much now, as I got Keldorn to beef up the front, and Haer Dalis for some support, and the bug seems to be only in my current game.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2005, 12:51:18 PM by Mikayel »

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2005, 02:42:37 PM »
Okay, at least there's that.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2005, 02:45:30 PM »
I'm sorry the fix didn't seem to work for the savegame. I'm slightly unsure as to why that would be. However, it's good to know that it's at least resolved for future games.

Offline Mikayel

• Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2005, 06:09:50 PM »
Aye, the problems nothing major, reading through a few Virtue threads here has inspired me to begin a new quest, with more 'roleplaying' in mind than earning best benefits.

Regardless, very nice mod.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: