Author Topic: Tutu Fixpack is now at version 7.  (Read 7932 times)

Jinx

Re: Tutu Fixpack is now at version 7.
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2005, 07:11:32 AM »
Don't mean to post a irrelevent question but there doesn't seem to be a download link for v7 of the tutufix zip file on the page linked by: http://www.pocketplane.net/tutu

That url simply redirects to http://www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php?option=content&task=blogcategory&id=143&Itemid=98, which contains several download link on the right hand side but only to bg1tutu v4, the bg1tutu v4 source and the bg1 restored sounds pack. There is a link to an expanded readme (right at the bottom of the webpage) for the fix pack but thats it. It also states the latest version of bg1tutu as 5, yet the download points to 4?

Manually accessing the url: http://mods.pocketplane.net/bg1tutu/bg1tutu_v5.exe lets you download what I assume is version 5, which contains dudleyville updates mentioned in the readme on the webpage but not don't appear in the v4 download? It also contains a setup-tutufix.exe, which I might guess is a bg1tutu fix pack, but which version? I manually tried accessing the file via url, namely stuff like http://mods.pocketplane.net/bg1tutu/tutufix_v7.zip. I even double checked the page in internet explorer just in case firefox was not rendering something.

On a hunch, I also tried http://www.pocketplane.net/tutufix, which again leads to the same page. Hopefully I'm not missing anything obvious, but I checked the page several times now. Hell, I'll even post screenshots if someone doesn't believe me.

EDIT: I've just been going through the bg1tutu_v5.exe archive and the readme in the tutufix directly says v7, so I'm guessing thats correct. I still don't know where people can download the older fix packs since there is no posted link to download the bg1tutu_v5.exe file on the webpage.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2005, 07:14:04 AM by Jinx »

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2005, 12:00:20 PM »
Don't mean to post a irrelevent question but there doesn't seem to be a download link for v7 of the tutufix zip file on the page linked by: http://www.pocketplane.net/tutu

Aha, you've found out our little coverup.  We were planning on releasing v5 with integrated fixpack last night, but some last minute pains-in-the-ass cropped up and we delayed release.  Give us, say, an hour?
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2005, 12:00:46 PM »
Hmm... isn't Bandit Camp before Cloakwood?

And yeah, you're right.  For some reason I read "Baldur's Gate".
Earn Money Sleeping.

Niflheim

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2005, 02:54:34 PM »
So is there, as of yet, an active link to v7 ?  :pirate

Jinx

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2005, 03:30:50 PM »

Aha, you've found out our little coverup.  We were planning on releasing v5 with integrated fixpack last night, but some last minute pains-in-the-ass cropped up and we delayed release.  Give us, say, an hour?

Hey not a problem. I was just excited about getting it working, then very confused when I could find the downloads to everything. You might also be interested to know that the bg1tutu_v5.exe package I downloaded crashes horribly (causes dr watsons in XP in fact) when I tried installing it, but I'm guessing this is because its incomplete.

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2005, 03:54:44 PM »
Okay, heh, the fixpack v7 link is up again.  For now, stick with version 4 + fixpack 7, and ignore the version 5 that's up there.

Edit: Okay, and for those of you who tried downloading it during the twenty-seven seconds it took me to figure out I'd put in the wrong url, the url is now fixed and verified as working. ;)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2005, 04:01:35 PM by Ghreyfain »
Earn Money Sleeping.

Niflheim

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2005, 04:18:17 PM »
The fixpack goes into the bg2 directory right? Just asking because when i ran it it said that it couldnt install the core fixes because it didnt detect tales of the sword coast. What be your wisdom?

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2005, 05:28:01 PM »
Yeah, it should be in the BG2 folder.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Loriel

• Planewalker
    • Loriel's Downloads
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2005, 05:30:13 PM »
Could you also put up the link to the Mac Tutufix?

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2005, 05:32:53 PM »
Done.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Shiro

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2005, 02:32:24 AM »
A friend of mine is haveing some problems with the game crashing when talking to NPCS, namely like Davaeorn in the mines and Nemphre at Baldur's Gate.
I checked the forums and found only one related topic and no real answer there either. Thing is this problem never occured while useing v6 of the fixpack, only after installing v7. Could it be due to that? is there any place we could get the older versions of tutufix to test it out maybe? and if not could someone help us overcome this problem?

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2005, 09:30:46 AM »
Can you tell me what other mods/fixpacks you have installed, and had installed during the fixpack 6 time?
Earn Money Sleeping.

Shiro

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2005, 11:13:28 AM »
First installed BG1+ToSC and 2, full installs and patched them. Then TuTu, then the fixpack v6, then the banterpack then Vault  version 4.0  and finally the tweakpack. nothing was added in after the upgrade to v7.

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2005, 12:32:43 PM »
What exactly is The Vault?  Have you checked the sticky threads in the Bugs forum? 
Earn Money Sleeping.

Shiro

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2005, 12:43:36 PM »
It's a mod that adds TosC items into normal BG gameplay, I believe. Like scimitars.

http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/azenmod/#Vault

and i did a search on all forums for the related problem but nothing.

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2005, 12:51:05 PM »
Well, I think it's a BG1 mod, right?  Which would mean you should've installed it before running the tutu converter.  I could be wrong, of course.

As for your problem, I don't think any of those mods would've caused it, no.  Hmmm...
Earn Money Sleeping.

Shiro

« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2005, 12:55:26 PM »
well true, butt here was never any problem before v7.
is there any way i could get tutufix v6? i did some searches but only found v5 and i'm abit afraid it might corrupt the save file.

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2005, 12:57:52 PM »
It's still on the server at: http://mods.pocketplane.net/Tutufix_v6.rar

If you could report back on your success or failure, I'd appreciate it.  Might mean I can fix whatever's wrong with v7.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Shiro

« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2005, 01:01:13 PM »
kay, it might take awhile but i'll do that thanks.

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2005, 01:18:40 PM »
Awesome, thanks.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline ThomasL

• Planewalker
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2005, 01:50:50 PM »
Ghreyfain,
I copied back my original BG1/ToSC and BG2/ToB expecting the immediate arrival of tutu 5. But if it takes more than a week I will install 4/7 again (and, prior, the dudleyfixes) to search for other bugs -- if that still makes sense.

So, should I wait or go?

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2005, 02:04:15 PM »
I say go.  Keep your originals backed up, though, in case japh gets inspiration on the weekend.  He mentioned going home sick from work on thursday, so that may explain his absence.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Shiro

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2005, 03:25:36 PM »
well tried with v6 but still no luck, uninstalled everything and am currently reinstalling to see if that will make any diffrence. might leave out the vault this time to see if that makes any diffrence.

Jinx

« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2005, 04:39:54 PM »
I'm not sure if this a problem with v7 of the fix pack, but after visiting the area where you exit the nashkel mines after killing Mulahey (AR5000), bgmain.exe would crash (Dr Watson on XP) after exiting the next area I went to. This was regardless of which area I went to.

I re-installed both games, and just ran bgtutu1 v4 with no fixes - game seemed to work fine. Installed patches - game crashes again. So I uninstalled all the patches - game works fine. Installed the patches on at a time until I discovered the organised journal entries fix (which I found didn't work so well anyway) was causing the problem.

If you want save games, file version info or anything else, let me know as this bug is easily reproducible.

P.S. Green water?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2005, 04:41:45 PM by Jinx »

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2005, 11:48:13 PM »
I'm not sure if this a problem with v7 of the fix pack, but after visiting the area where you exit the nashkel mines after killing Mulahey (AR5000), bgmain.exe would crash (Dr Watson on XP) after exiting the next area I went to. This was regardless of which area I went to.

I re-installed both games, and just ran bgtutu1 v4 with no fixes - game seemed to work fine. Installed patches - game crashes again. So I uninstalled all the patches - game works fine. Installed the patches on at a time until I discovered the organised journal entries fix (which I found didn't work so well anyway) was causing the problem.

Did you have Dudleyfix installed?  It conflicts with the Organised Journal.  And did the Mulahey crash stop after uninstalling Organised Journal, or no?

P.S. Green water?

Check the stickies in the bug forum.
Earn Money Sleeping.