Author Topic: Twilight Zone: Two Ketos (screenshot)  (Read 5923 times)

Monkey Girl

Twilight Zone: Two Ketos (screenshot)
« on: January 21, 2005, 08:26:00 AM »
(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/jellybee/c04648ad.jpg)

Interesting quirk, after getting Keto, resting (and getting the Keto/Yoshimo banter), and saving.  I reloaded and Keto respawned and started talking to... herself.  I'm not sure if it's this mod alone or the slew of other mods installed before her (I installed her last), but I'm able to talk her into joining... again, and having two Ketos in the party!  If you want, I could post my WeiDU log...

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Re: Twilight Zone: Two Ketos (screenshot)
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 08:38:08 AM »
Actually, what would be more helpful is if you can send me a saved game from before the appearance of the second Keto.

When you met the first one, did you own the bard stronghold?

When you met the second one, did you own the bard stronghold?

Had you ever disbanded Keto from the party?
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Monkey Girl

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005, 09:03:33 AM »
Well, in the save file I have, if you pause quickly enough after loading, Keto won't be there.  She spawns a second after you load.  Shall I send you that one?

As to the Bard Stronghold questions, no and no; I'm playing a Monk for one thing, and for another, I've not even entered the playhouse downstairs.  Neither have I ever kicked out Keto.  (Although, while I was trying to fix the bug with the K key, I accidentally pressed ctrl+K instead.  Then I ctrl+K'ed the rest of the party, and when I kicked out my PC, the game went through the 'PC is dead' cutscene, so I never saved that...)

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2005, 10:43:51 AM »
Do you have a save from before you enter the Five Flagons but with "Keto #1" in the party?
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Monkey Girl

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2005, 10:55:19 AM »
Nope, sorry...  I saved for the night right after I got Keto, then when I reloaded the next morning, she'd appeared again.  ...Actually, after I saved, I went outside, and of course it auto-saved, but Kelsey immediately started a lovetalk and I wasn't happy with his end response (and I was dead tired) so I quit for the night.  I might be able to re-load the auto-save, exit before Keto spawns, then make a save (and re-enter the tavern, pausing real quick to see if she already spawned).

Monkey Girl

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2005, 11:45:25 AM »
Weird... I loaded the auto-save and Keto didn't respawn.  I thought for sure she respawned in the auto-save too, but I double- and triple- checked and she just doesn't.  She still does in the actual save, though.  But you really need a save outside the tavern, before she's respawned, right?  I'm going to experiment to see if I can recreate this anomaly.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2005, 11:49:50 AM »
Okay. I'll have another look at tightening up what makes Keto appear. Very strange.

Monkey Girl

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2005, 12:10:56 PM »
Alright, I played around, went back through, got Keto, and made a few saves after she joined the party.  One before I even left the tavern, one just outside, and one after I went back in.  In ALL of them, when I reloaded (and re-entered in one case), Keto would re-spawn.  In the two where I saved inside, she'd talk as soon as she had the chance, but if I re-entered from the second one, she wouldn't initiate dialogue, though she'd act completely normal if I spoke to her myself.  I noticed another difference between the second one and the others; the area name was different.  The first and third saves would be in AR0522, which I believe is the normal one.  The second save, once I re-entered the tavern, would take me to AR0509, nearly identical as far as I can tell, but I noticed it was different in the first place because the fog of war reappeared.  Speaking of which, one of the mods I installed blanketed the whole Bridge District in fog of war.  Are you sure you don't need a WeiDU log?  And which, if any, of the save files would you like me to send?  If you want, I could go ahead and zip them all up and give 'em to ya.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2005, 12:24:35 PM »
Alright, I played around, went back through, got Keto, and made a few saves after she joined the party.  One before I even left the tavern, one just outside, and one after I went back in.  In ALL of them, when I reloaded (and re-entered in one case), Keto would re-spawn.  In the two where I saved inside, she'd talk as soon as she had the chance, but if I re-entered from the second one, she wouldn't initiate dialogue, though she'd act completely normal if I spoke to her myself.  I noticed another difference between the second one and the others; the area name was different.  The first and third saves would be in AR0522, which I believe is the normal one.  The second save, once I re-entered the tavern, would take me to AR0509, nearly identical as far as I can tell, but I noticed it was different in the first place because the fog of war reappeared.  Speaking of which, one of the mods I installed blanketed the whole Bridge District in fog of war.  Are you sure you don't need a WeiDU log?  And which, if any, of the save files would you like me to send?  If you want, I could go ahead and zip them all up and give 'em to ya.

Well, okay, yes, maybe seeing the install log would be a good idea.

0522 is the bard stronghold version of the Flagons, so it sounds to me like something extremely unusual has happened to your game and, lo and behold, it might not actually be our fault. :)

Monkey Girl

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2005, 12:37:14 PM »
 ::) I thought that might be the problem.  ;D  Alright, here it is:

~G3TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #0 // World Map Fixes
~G3TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1 // Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight
~G3TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2 // Force All Dialogue to Pause
~G3TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Use Valen/Solaufein Style Interjections
~G3TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4 // Alter HP Triggers for NPC Wounded Dialogues
~G3TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #13 // Weapon Animation Tweaks
~SETUP-D0TWEAK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Enhanced Goodberries
~SETUP-D0TWEAK.TP2~ #0 #1 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behaviour
~SETUP-D0TWEAK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Corrected Demon Animations
~SETUP-D0TWEAK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Reintroduce Dimension Door
~SETUP-D0TWEAK.TP2~ #0 #4 // Tweaked Weapon Enchantments
~SETUP-D0TWEAK.TP2~ #0 #5 // Additional Racial Enemies
~SETUP-D0TWEAK.TP2~ #0 #8 // Ghrey's Holy Symbol Fix
~SETUP-ITEMUPGRADE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Shadows Of Amn Item Upgrades
~SETUP-ITEMUPGRADE.TP2~ #0 #1 // Throne Of Bhaal Item Upgrades
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #4 // Shut Up "You Must Gather Your Party Before Venturing Forth"
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #12 // Turn Off The Hideous Cloak-of-Mirroring and Spell-Trap Animation
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #15 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #18 // Imoen ToB Dialogue Fix
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #19 // Shapeshifter Rebalancing
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #20 // Female Edwina
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #21 // Romance: Bug Fixes (required for later components).
~SETUP-UNDERREP.TP2~ #0 #0 // Underrepresented Items From Icewind Dale 2
~SETUP-SPELL50.TP2~ #0 #0 // Extend Many Spells to 50th Level
~SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Revised High Level Abilities
~SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #1 // "SwashImoen"
~SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #2 // Shapeshifting fix
~SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2~ #0 #3 // Universal lesser mage robes
~SETUP-OVERSIGHT.TP2~ #0 #1 // Alignment Correction (TOB Required)
~SETUP-OVERSIGHT.TP2~ #0 #2 // Class Tweaks/Fixes
~SETUP-OVERSIGHT.TP2~ #0 #3 // Altered Spells
~SETUP-OVERSIGHT.TP2~ #0 #4 // Improved Continuity (TOB Required)
~SETUP-OVERSIGHT.TP2~ #0 #5 // Cleric Kits
~SETUP-HELL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Revised Hell Trials
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Aerie Flirt Pack For SOA
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #2 // Aerie Flirt Pack For TOB
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #4 // Jaheira Flirt Pack for SOA
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #6 // Jaheira Flirt Pack for TOB
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #8 // Viconia Flirt Pack for SOA
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #10 // Viconia Flirt Pack for TOB
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #12 // Anomen Flirt Pack for SOA
~SETUP-NPCFLIRT.TP2~ #0 #14 // Anomen Flirt Pack for TOB
~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Shadows of Amn
~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install SOA Banter Accelerator script? (Increases the frequency of interparty banter)
~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Pocket Plane Banter Pack for BG2: Throne of Bhaal
~SETUP-BANTERPACK.TP2~ #0 #3 // Install TOB Banter Accelerator script? (Increases the frequency of interparty banter)
~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.4
~KELSEY.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kelsey v2.1: for BG2 - SoA
~SETUP-KELSEYTOB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kelsey: ToB - Version 2
~SETUP-KELSEYTOB.TP2~ #0 #3 // Install Default Kelsey portrait set by Wynne Lurty? (set 1 of 3)
~SETUP-KELSEYTOB.TP2~ #0 #4 // Alternate Kelsey portrait set #1 by Karse Soze (regular Kelsey) (set 2 of 3)?
~SETUP-KELSEYTOB.TP2~ #0 #5 // Alternate Kelsey portrait set #2 by Karse Soze (hooded Kelsey) (set 3 of 3)?
~SETUP-GROA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Getting Rid of Anomen - A cutscene for the Kelsey romance.
~SETUP-KETO.TP2~ #0 #0 // Keto-SOA NPC V2
~SETUP-KETO.TP2~ #0 #1 // Keto/Kelsey Interaction (Requires Kelsey-SOA)

I noticed after I installed that there were a few guides as to install order, and that the G3 Tweaks and Refinements mods were supposed to be installed near the end.  But I didn't want to go through the better part of six hours re-installing the game just because I didn't make the recommended backups...  :'(  Well, I guess I'm paying for that now.  ;)

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2005, 01:17:47 PM »
I can't point to any singular culprit. If anybody knows what might cause the resetting of the Bridge district, though, I'd be curious to hear...

Monkey Girl

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2005, 01:39:39 PM »
*Sigh*  Oh well.  The quirk's not bad, anyway, so I guess I'll just go ahead and see how far I can wing it.  Thanks for lending an ear! :)

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2005, 02:01:52 PM »
I'll try to tighten up the code in V3 so even under these bizarre mod-created circumstances you shouldn't get Mito, Keto's slightly drunker twin sister.

Monkey Girl

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2005, 02:06:42 PM »
 ;D Okay, thanks on behalf of all us n00bs who insist on installing mods willy-nilly before consulting the copious guides and readmes!

Offline lennon

• Planewalker
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2005, 02:08:04 PM »
Congrats, Monkey Girl - Great diagnostics

I have also seen two ketos in the five flagons - but I put it down to poor installation management - I had installed Check the Bodies and loads of stuff: I had nuked the B2 folder to try and create a clean folder for CtB install. This did not work. My CtB reports are in the appropriate folder at FW.

I have some family folklore about two tashias in the bar she hangs out in. (I can't get the witness into this room)

My eldest son believes this is caused (in my case) by FW ( this does not mean Forgotten Wars here; the W stands for wit) system administrators nuking the BG2 directory, rebuildng the folder tree (in a different order) and then reloading games with saved moded charatcters.

So - this may be deeply unhelpful; its a different code path causing the problem :)

Identifying the when was it installed, was it reimstalled, was it saved etc etc may help work it out. BTW I don't have the save game files any more. Sorry.

This has taken a bit of time to type, so you guys ave been busy while I type.

Offline Loriel

• Planewalker
    • Loriel's Downloads
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2005, 02:21:42 PM »
I'll try to tighten up the code in V3 so even under these bizarre mod-created circumstances you shouldn't get Mito, Keto's slightly drunker twin sister.
As if one drunken bard wasn't enough...

Offline Silk

• Lurker First Class
  • Planewalker
  • A cat of many colours
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2005, 05:43:47 AM »
I've had two Keto's appear as well.  If I don't pick up Keto on the first trip into the Five Flagons, next time I go in there are two.
"Some say that our destinies may be read in the stars, that the plans of the gods are revealed to those who but know where to look.  They speak it true but their location is false, for I have seen my destiny shining in your eyes" (Anomen, PPG NPC Flirt Pack)

"You know you're tired when you get up from the desk and the headset's still around your neck"

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2005, 10:12:46 AM »
Mumble grumble. Will look into this.

Offline Black Robed One

• Gentlemanly Magician and
  • Planewalker
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2005, 07:52:18 AM »
*BRO appears to be glad that he didn't hurry to instal Keto v.2 and prefered to wait for the newer version... Patience can sure be rewarded at times!*

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: