Author Topic: The Lure of the Sirine's Call is released!  (Read 126451 times)

Offline Graoumf

• Planewalker
Re: The Lure of the Sirine's Call is released!
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2008, 02:51:05 PM »
For italian, I think you can ask Ilot (he's registered in Chosen of Mystra and maybe more forums) ; and for polish, maybe yarpen but I'm not sure.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 04:49:35 PM by Graoumf »

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2008, 02:54:43 PM »
Thank you for the hint. I was thinking about the bigg and Zed Nocear..

temujin.

« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2008, 03:55:00 PM »
all areas are working fine now (no more crashes) but bugs #2 and #3 are still there.

the remaining part of the mod is almost bug-free.  i only encountered one more bug.

7.  after rescuing the boy, talked to the old man in his house.  then went up north and talked to Sil and agreed to help her.  then i changed my mind and decided to kill her instead.  then went into the cave and took the treasure.  now, i went back to the old man and agreed to help him (keep in mind i already killed the sirine and took the treasure).  he gives 1000 gold in advance and leaves.  so i go back to the cave, hoping he will spawn there (like he is supposed to after sirine dies), but he doesn't.

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2008, 04:04:21 PM »
Bug #3: The boy should stay with the old man, until the dialogue is over. Did he leave for his mum in your case before the PC talked to the old man the first time?

Bug #2: I added the standard scripts to Ardrouine. Ah, you mean you killed the boy out of her sight? Good point.

Bug #7: I have to investigate on this path. Is he supposed to spawn always? Seems I have to go and kill some sirenes to find out..

EDIT: Seems there is no check whether the PC killed the sirene without talking to her, or after having talked to her, or before talking to the pirate. This should be solvable with an added script block that sets the necessary variable. But I fear it is a bit more complex, so I won't solve this tonight.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 04:10:41 PM by jastey »

temujin.

« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2008, 04:12:34 PM »
Bug #3: The boy should stay with the old man, until the dialogue is over. Did he leave for his mum in your case before the PC talked to the old man the first time?
no, no.  after killing the 3 wolves, i didn't engage in a conversation with the old man at all.  i instead went back to ardrouine, talked to her and got the reward for solving the quest.  now the boy has left.  only the old man is standing there.  the quest will break after he says, "what did you say your name was, again? brandon?" because the kid is not there anymore.

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2008, 04:26:40 PM »
Ah, Ok. that's clear then. Thank you again for your reports!

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2008, 05:05:02 PM »
I think I solved #2 and #3, and also #7, hopefully.

But what I encountered was: Brennan is unkillable, in my game! If I Contr+Y him, it sais "Brennan:Dies!" and his mother reacts as if he is dead, but the boy still walks around. Weird, I cannot find anything on the cre file that would indicate such a behaviour. I understood you did not have such a problem?

EDIT: Link removed
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 02:33:18 AM by jastey »

temujin.

« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2008, 06:00:10 PM »
nice.  looks like all the previous bugs are fixed.  we're almost getting there.   :)

one last bug.  this seems like a variation of bug #7 (as i couldn't get this in the previous version)

8.  after agreeing to help Sil, i went inside the cave and took the treasure.  this time i didn't kill the sirine.  i instead went to the old man, agreed to help him.  now, went back to the cave.  now there are two possible scenarios.

a) if i immediately attack and kill the sirines without starting a conversation, the old man does not spawn after they die.

b) if i talk to Sil and choose option 2 (i.e. "No Sil. But soon you will be."), the old man spawns with his buddies even though the sirines are still alive.

But what I encountered was: Brennan is unkillable, in my game! If I Contr+Y him, it sais "Brennan:Dies!" and his mother reacts as if he is dead, but the boy still walks around. Weird, I cannot find anything on the cre file that would indicate such a behaviour. I understood you did not have such a problem?
that's very strange.  i always killed him with a simple magic missile.  but i just tried ctrl+y and even that works fine.  maybe it's a tutu problem ???

i'll be back in a few hours.

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2008, 01:31:37 AM »
Thanks again! I'll investigate the "betray" path further next I'll have time (hopefully the next days, but you never know).

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2008, 12:30:32 PM »
Smashed 8b). Good catch! 8a) is covered theoretically - if you agree to help the pirates while Sil isn't dead, "J#SilMurder" is set to one. If you attack Sil without talking to her, it should get set to 2 by her script, which in return triggers the pirates' appearance. I'll test it again myself, maybe the script block didn't run fast enough before she died. Did you still have the treasure with you?

Translations are complete, btw. Thank you to all contributors!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 12:33:26 PM by jastey »

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2008, 12:57:24 PM »
Update to version 8pre8. This addresses all reported issues, I hope I succeeded. I would be happy if someone would test it. :)

« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 02:33:32 AM by jastey »

temujin.

« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2008, 04:19:00 PM »
one last bug.  i know i keep saying that but this time i'm pretty sure this is the absolute final bug.

9.  after agreeing to help Sil, go back to the old man.  however, don't start a conversation.  instead simply attack and kill him.  now go back to Sil and try to get the reward.  she wouldn't recognize that you killed the old man.

temujin.

« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2008, 04:40:42 PM »
8a) is covered theoretically - if you agree to help the pirates while Sil isn't dead, "J#SilMurder" is set to one. If you attack Sil without talking to her, it should get set to 2 by her script, which in return triggers the pirates' appearance. I'll test it again myself, maybe the script block didn't run fast enough before she died. Did you still have the treasure with you?
you're right about the script block not triggerring fast enough.  my character was a thief under invisibility, and i backstabbed and killed the sirine in one hit.  so i guess that's why the pirates didn't spawn.  however, i now attacked and killed her the "normal" way, and they spawn just fine.

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2008, 04:56:24 PM »
9: good catch. I'm afraid I won't upload a new version until I am back from my holidays (in two weeks).
8 a): OK, maybe I come up with something that will trigger always, the area script, for example.

Thank you temujin, for the thorough testing. That's what a modder needs to make the mods water-proof :)

temujin.

« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2008, 04:59:57 PM »
LOL, you're welcome.  :)

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2008, 01:48:15 AM »
Update:

The new version addresses all reported issues. I would be glad if someone would test it and say whether there are any more suggestions.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 02:33:45 AM by jastey »

temujin.

« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2008, 12:50:42 PM »
10.  the two female pirates summoned later by the old man if you decide to attack him have a male voiceset... does this happen in your tutu version?

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2008, 03:00:25 PM »
Yes, it's the BGT voice patching I took for both engines now. I'll change it, now that someone actualy noticed it. :)

PetrusOctavianus

« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2008, 03:41:26 PM »
Noticed one difference in the latest version: The old man is no longer inside the house next to the Lighthouse.  This is after rescuing the bou and before meeting any Sirines. Is this intentional?

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2008, 04:24:37 PM »
No, definitely not. At least I think so. You say you rescued the boy, had the first meeting with the man (and the boy) outside, and when you then try to follow the man inside, he isn't there? Are you playing with Tutu or BGT?

If so, how did your conversation go? I didn't change any of the EscapeAreaMove() actions following that dialogue, so maybe you went the only case where it is missing.

EDIT 2: I don't see anything in the code... The pirate should go into the North building after the boy's rescue.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 04:28:48 PM by jastey »

PetrusOctavianus

« Reply #70 on: August 05, 2008, 04:43:20 PM »
No, definitely not. At least I think so. You say you rescued the boy, had the first meeting with the man (and the boy) outside, and when you then try to follow the man inside, he isn't there? Are you playing with Tutu or BGT?

If so, how did your conversation go? I didn't change any of the EscapeAreaMove() actions following that dialogue, so maybe you went the only case where it is missing.

EDIT 2: I don't see anything in the code... The pirate should go into the North building after the boy's rescue.

I'm playing Tutu.
I rescued the boy, talked to the man and he warned about the sirines and went into a building.
I then went into the Lighthouse to rest. The game kept crashing when exiting, so I changed the Current Area from FW3700 to FW3600 in Near Infinity and that worked. So I went outside again, Imoen hid in shadows and scouted both the other buildings. No sign of the man. Then the whole party went inside, but still no sign of the man.
Went to see the Sirines and promised Sil to talk to the men at the Lighthouse, but they are still not there.
No Journal update after talking to Sil. Is that normal?

With the previous version the man was inside the house after rescuing the boy and he complained in a friendly was about my party barging in.

PetrusOctavianus

« Reply #71 on: August 05, 2008, 04:53:13 PM »

BTW, Near Infinity lists the following Global Variables as 1 in the Baldur.gam:
J#ARDTALK
J#SPAWNBREN
J#TALKEDPIRATE
J#TALKEDSIL

Offline jastey

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #72 on: August 05, 2008, 05:04:18 PM »
The variables are all OK. The man has an action that gets performed out of his dialogue, so I am clueless why this wouldn't work. The lighthouse area is FW3600 in Tutu, what do you mean with changing FW3700 to FW3600?

I can't replicate the game crashing, I am afraid, no crashing here after resting in the lighthouse and exiting, and the old man is in his house. ???

PetrusOctavianus

« Reply #73 on: August 05, 2008, 05:15:28 PM »
The variables are all OK. The man has an action that gets performed out of his dialogue, so I am clueless why this wouldn't work. The lighthouse area is FW3600 in Tutu, what do you mean with changing FW3700 to FW3600?

I can't replicate the game crashing, I am afraid, no crashing here after resting in the lighthouse and exiting, and the old man is in his house. ???

For some reason my game crashes when going to the Lighthouse area. So in the saved game from area F#3700 I changed both Current Map and Main Map to FW#3600 and then I was able to go to the Lighthouse. I have no idea *why* this works, though.
So when the game kept crashing when trying to exit the Lighthouse itself, I looked at the save game in NI and noticed that the Current Map was set to FW#3700 and changed it to 3600. Again it worked.

Is there a console command I can do to spawn the old man inside the house?

PetrusOctavianus

« Reply #74 on: August 05, 2008, 05:51:07 PM »

Looked at the scripts and was able to use the CreateCreature command to spawn the Old Man. Had to go through the initial dialogue about the boy, but was able to progress to the point where the old man calls for an attack. A good fight ensued where Dynaheir was killed by a backstabbing thief. :-(
Oh well, guess there may be room for Garick now...

Hopefully the rest of the quest will work fine now.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: