tested on a "basic" mega install (i.e. fixpack + bgt + sirine's call (v8 pre4) + worldmap).
1. after killing the wolves and rescuing the kid, no matter what you say to the old man (i.e. whether you agree on taking the boy back to ardrouine, or act indifferent and leave him on his own), the reward is the same (500 xp, reputation +1, gold 60) when you talk to her later. no big deal i guess.
2. after rescuing the child and he gets back to his mum, you decide to kill the child right in front of her (for some inexplicable reason
). she still thanks you for saving him and gives you the same reward without getting hostile.
3. after rescuing the child you decide NOT to talk to the old man (i.e. the worgs have been killed with ranged weapons/spells or they have simply been lured away from that spot), you instead run back to his mum and get the reward for rescuing him. the boy leaves after the quest (as usual). but if you NOW decide to talk to the old man, the quest will break because after the old man says "what did you say your name was, again? brandon?", he wouldn't get any reply because the boy is already gone.
4. if you are enter the house at (800,2830) and try to leave it, the game crashes to desktop (reproducible everytime). this is also true for the lighthouse. and the game crashes when you try to enter the old man's house as well. so you can't proceed any further in the quest.
5. also, in the basement of the house at (800,2830), there is a door under the stairs. is that supposed to lead anywhere?