Author Topic: Introductions  (Read 135596 times)

Offline Audacity

• Planewalker
Re: Introductions
« Reply #250 on: March 23, 2009, 05:11:29 PM »
Wow. That's all I can think of to say. Just wow.

This isn't a 'Hi! I'm new and want to introduce myself' kind of introduction. This is more a 'Hi! I joined this group a long time ago, had to rejoin when there was that whole big split thing going on and now, years later, finding out that I still have an account here' kind of introduction. I have a tendency to disappear and resurface like some kind of weird comet.

Anyway, a few weeks ago, I came across my Baldur's Gate games. I gazed at them and remembered all the hours I spent playing the game over and over again. For kicks, I installed it and did some light surfing for mods . . .

Three weeks later, I am on my fourth run through. *sigh* Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.

Wow.
"I like a man who grins when he fights." -Sir Winston Churchill

Offline GarinaRayne

• Planewalker
« Reply #251 on: May 05, 2009, 09:41:40 AM »
Seeing as I've been lurking for a while, figured I'd better introduce myself.

I go by Garina online, because that was the name of the first RPG character I ever named, and I liked it. I'm an unemployed 23 year old living in the UK (physically, my mind and attention seem to permanently be somewhere else). Seeing as I now know vanilla BG2 practically off by heart, I decided it was time to start adding mods. Having LOTS of fun :D

Definitely interested in (eventually) getting involved in modding myself, but seeing as I have zero knowledge on the subject, think I'll do some research first...

Offline MrFrost

• Throw Back Dungeon Master
  • Planewalker
  • All Your Base Belong To Us
« Reply #252 on: September 29, 2009, 05:27:10 PM »
Hello There, I've been here for alittle while now an I couldn't seem to remember if i had ever said my "Hello's & How Do You Do's"?. Anyhow I'm a huge fan of thew Baldurs Gate Series aswell as Neverwinter (the first one) and when I ran into this site 2 years ago it blew my socks off that anyone still cared for the series. So I dugg around reinstalled the original Baldurs Gate (since then i bought the collections edition) and enjoy messing around with the mods. Ah what else.. I'm married with childern.. two fo them for that matter and well games are my little get-away.
"I can kill with a single word. I can hurl a ball of fire into the midst of my enemies. I rule a squadron of skeletal warriors, who can destroy by touch alone. I can raise a wall of ice to protect those I serve. The invisible is discernible to my eyes. Ordinary magic spells crumble in my presence."

Offline Dilustro

• Planewalker
« Reply #253 on: October 21, 2009, 03:17:10 PM »
Hi there !
I am Dilustro, proud Baldur's Gate fan ever since I was nine years old (yes, my parents had good tastes when it came to christmas gifts). I got back into the game quite recently and have been heavily relying on fan-made mods to keep playing the game over and over again.
I've been following your community for two years now, reading messages here and there... It almost seems to impolite to break into the room shouting I had been spying the whole time, but bear with me.
I plan to make my own mod(s ?) one day but right now I am quite too busy, what with the exams I am preparing and all... For the time being I guess I'll just pop into conversations.
I live in France and like to draw and write stories (original or just fanfictions alike). I am a student in Philosophy, Litterature and History (yeah, at the same time, my situation is quite bizarre), and love to do divination through Tarot readings.
Hope to know you all a bit better !

Offline Rika

• thug life baby
  • Planewalker
« Reply #254 on: October 22, 2009, 03:24:49 AM »
We are all heroes, you, Boo and me, hamsters and rangers everywhere, rejoice! (Hi!)
So if the devil wants to dance with you, you'd better say never cuz the dance with the devil might last you forever

Offline cremo

• Planewalker
« Reply #255 on: December 18, 2009, 05:49:29 PM »
Hi all.. just a huge fan of the BG series who is having a blast playing this old game.. much better than that dragon age crap!

Offline Runescarred

• Pretentious. Much. ;)
  • Planewalker
« Reply #256 on: July 13, 2010, 05:51:29 PM »
After a few months, I decided to stop lurking and join in :). Have been playing Baldur's Gate for ten years now. Never got bored. Never will :).

A big hello to all of you, people!  ;D ;D ;D
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6094604/1/Those_That_Are_Fools - come one, come all! ;)

Also, if you need someone to translate your mod into Polish, please let me know. I would be glad to help.

Offline Marauder

• BGI fanboy and
  • Planewalker
  • Viking
    • Order of the Stick
« Reply #257 on: September 27, 2010, 04:57:25 PM »
Welcome.  :)
(http://i16.tinypic.com/2a6lgg9.gif)

Offline Martha

• Planewalker
« Reply #258 on: October 15, 2010, 12:44:00 PM »
*wave* I realized that I ran posting before I even said hello -  :-\ anyway, hello. There's not really much to say about me. On and off gamer - especially with Baldur's Gate and currently in another addiction phase thanks to several of the lovely mods I only recently discovered. I'd take off my hat off to you guys... sadly I don't own one, but the feeling's there nevertheless.  :)

Offline Teachernine

• Planewalker
« Reply #259 on: March 01, 2011, 12:13:19 AM »
Hi!
I'm a gamer and voice actor.
I've played many of the NPC and Kit mods available through PPG and I really was looking to give back to the community!
So, voice actor available for work and a big "Hello" to everyone ^^.

Offline ViniJones

• Planewalker
« Reply #260 on: July 20, 2013, 07:19:25 PM »
Yo, Im a huge fan of Vinny Jones,... also of iwd bg planescape and all the things that are good in life.
Want me to play(betatest sounds so noble lol) your mod? PM me! xD

Im also hunting posts so I can bother people with my own PM.

Peace

Offline Finelines

• If I sound like Silk, that's because I am Silk
  • Planewalker
  • A cat of many colours
« Reply #261 on: February 22, 2014, 03:18:16 PM »
Hi, I used to be known as Silk but had to re-register. Bleh.

I helped on several mods and played BG and ToB for years.

Even did a little bit of voicing.

Would like to play again but unsure which version to choose.
"Some say that our destinies may be read in the stars, that the plans of the gods are revealed to those who but know where to look.  They speak it true but their location is false, for I have seen my destiny shining in your eyes"

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
« Reply #262 on: March 19, 2014, 01:02:14 AM »
Hey again. :) I think regular BG2 still works fine, just as EasyTutu.

Offline The Imp

• Planewalker
« Reply #263 on: March 19, 2014, 11:24:18 AM »
... I know regular BG2 still works fine, just as EasyTutu.
Erhm, fixed that for you... as long as one uses the non Operation System protected folders, so avoiding the Program Files -sub folders and the user profiles -sub folders in Windows, you should be fine. Yeah, knowing that even the official patch can't patch the games files if you install it to C:\Program Files (x86)\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\ -is worth knowing, on any of the currently running fully updated Operation Systems. So just use the C:\Games\BGII - SoA\ -folder instead, and everything will be fine. Or what ever you translate the "Games" to be on your language.

Offline Connacht

• Planewalker
« Reply #264 on: June 16, 2017, 03:44:43 AM »
Hi everybody, nice to meet you! I play Baldur's Gate 2 since 2002 (BG1 only via demo until I bought it via Gog ten years later) and now I also own the enhanced editions. :)