Author Topic: Introductions  (Read 135597 times)

Offline OfficerDonNZ

• Planewalker
Re: Introductions
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2004, 05:17:13 PM »
Lets see live in New Zealand been playing NWN and BGII on and off for a few years. Just getting round to haveing another crack at BGII (found these lovely things called mods you see) Make the game more interetsing. :) Own almost every game BioWare has made (so far as RPGs go anyway) BGI and II NWN, SoU and HotU and KotOR (PC and xbox) Egerally awaiting the arrival of Jade Empire and Dragon Age (is it 2006 yet?)  :P

I very much doubt my name will mean anything to anyone here but I've been known to post on the offcail Bio Boards and at kotorff.com :) Also have some stuff up at FF.net When I'm not saving Farun from god knows what or the Old Republic for that matter :D I can be found painting models or playing trains  8)

Offline Slumlord

• Cheese Pants King
  • Planewalker
  • Happy Christmas an' Merry New Year to ya!
« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2004, 05:46:58 PM »
Short summary, just a blue collar worker from the U S of A who's been playing video games since the Atari 2600, boozin' it up since I was 21 (ok... maybe 16), and jammin' to heavy metal for as long as I can remember. 

Don't really have any favorite movies or TV shows or anything like that.  Usually if I seen it once, that was enough.  Favorite books are... uh.... let me get back to you on that one.  My favortie video game would have to be Vice City.  I still find that being able to pull off a heist and having the fuzz beatin' down on your tail while you escape in a golf caddy is hilarious. 

I just re-installed BG2 now after a year or so and was amazed to find that the game is still going strong.  Plus, I couldn't pass up giving it another try with the addition of Unfinished Business.
Check it out my friend!  Bling-bling!

Offline Silk

• Lurker First Class
  • Planewalker
  • A cat of many colours
« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2004, 12:29:59 AM »
umm ... another Kiwi, been playing BG and BGII for a couple of years.  Lent BGII to someone and didn't get it back for a year, so I'm doing it all over again ... with mods (*grins*).

Owned by 5 cats, have a life thanks (I recently read another thread).  I'd like to be of help on this forum, only I'm not sure what I can contribute - ever need proof readers????

I'm also old enough to remember when computers took up a whole room and RPG's were text only.
"Some say that our destinies may be read in the stars, that the plans of the gods are revealed to those who but know where to look.  They speak it true but their location is false, for I have seen my destiny shining in your eyes" (Anomen, PPG NPC Flirt Pack)

"You know you're tired when you get up from the desk and the headset's still around your neck"

Offline fallen demon

• Planewalker
« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2004, 07:05:52 PM »
My real names Andrew, and I'm from New York.  I'm 16, barely old enough to remember not having a pc in my room, let alone them being the size of it, though due to some weird time-warp i was old enough to have played nes although no-one i know my own age was.
     My hobbies include playing videogames (duh), (badly) playing guitar, swimming, modding, getting rejected by the oppisite sex (women) and doing things that would completely humilate anyone else in public.  I try to act like a modder but I don't have anything released,  I'm working on the darkelves mod at com and just figured out wiedu, although my other team member has thought i knew it the whole project.  My other qualities include insomnia and manic depression.
"I choose to believe what I was programed to believe."
Futurama quotes rock

Offline Janneia

• ...Who's Almost Never Here
  • Planewalker
« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2004, 03:16:29 AM »
Oops! Didn't realise there was a thread like this...

Hi, I'm Janneia, an Australian, I'm hardly on the Internet, due to my obsession with video games, mainly RPGs (I suck at driving ones, always crashing when turning and then in reverse) and books -- and rereading them countless of times, having just about exhausted my school library's fiction section in the last few years -- love the BG books! Love to draw, currently working on a manga and its subsequent anime at the same time...

Like to program things although I'm pretty bad at it...I still haven't figured out how to put a name to an NPC -- it shows in NI but doesn't in the game and I've given up on trying to create an NPC for BG. I don't understand WeiDU, every time I try to do something, something else happens and I get all frustrated so now I'll just d/l the ones other people make and play them =)

Also have the VERY annoying habit of writing posts that are at essay length. Currently restraining myself. Give me a month or two and I'll start writing really long ones...
It is better to be paranoid than dead.<br><br>If at first you don't succeed...emulate.

Offline Reverendratbastard

• Perfunctory Psychopomp
  • Planewalker
  • "to keep my metaphysics warm" -T.S.Eliot
« Reply #80 on: October 08, 2004, 07:16:54 PM »

greets'n'salutes.  sure enough i dove in with a head full of hard-wired sleep-dep and MegaTea [try to stick with two shots per mug], so i've already made an ass of myself here at least once today.  this might be my last chance to set a new record before the whiskey puts me to sleep.  (and this won't be my regular modus operandi - it's always like this *just* before i get a job...)

male, 31 (not for much longer, being a scorpion, but i pass for young twenties when i'm cleaned up - the rest of the time i look like a cross between kurt and some amish guy), what else can i say?  189cm, close to 14 stone.  oh, right.  mildly overeducated in the grand american scale of things.  good singing and speaking voice, though not much of an orator unless i have something written.  (yes, that's me volunteering for long-distance [i'm assuming] mod-talent work.  i looked like this in february: http://brightgirl.net/janusz.html  but i might do a convincing elf when clean-shaven with my scalp grown out - and since my roommate (who took those) has set up a studio in this very house - well, enough shilling.  i'll be more coherent next time the subject comes up anyway.

more importantly, my new ambition [partially fueled by my roommate's notion of getting me a tester job at monolith] is to throw myself into an iron modder session in less than a year.  first i have to finish putting a skirt on the front porch.  but before that i have to try out these delectable-looking/sounding mods that i stumbled across through the works of dan simpson and the mighty w.weimer.

oh yeah.  games.  i remember my best friend bringing his dad's apple ii (no plus, no c, no e, just ii) to 4th grade show and tell.  playing their excuse for pac man on their excuse for a joystick.  and the 2600, and the vic20 (my first) and c64 (which had everything at the time)...  traded most of my gi joes for all of a neighbors ad&d library... playing castle wolfenstein when doom wasn't even a twinkle in the *war* department's eye, let alone the zork and ultima ridden world of not-strictly-hand-eye-action games.  speaking of ultima, we made it from iii to v before we all started getting PCs.  then BBSing.  then chipping away at a 4yr degree for 12 years.  now back home in seattle after 8yrs and a million worlds away in olympia (and a bit in portlandOR).  that's even sillier than it sounds, actually; when pan american was still breathing, my stepmother flew me to the family in australia almost every year.  anyone notice how the bruce willis icon was taken by an aussie and a kiwi?  i would've too, if he was properly shaved and lost the shades...  i mean kurt isn't my hero, but he did do some good work for a little while.  so i'm a music freak [with the exception of cannibal corpse's end of their spectrum, and most 'young country' pap, and the more hopelessly recycled r&b shenanigans].  not as much of a movie freak anymore, but still ahead on most lists. {lately it's all about wes anderson, richard kelly and zach braff}.  theatre is "my bag" if you will.  twelve years of acting, with a few instances of [hesitant] direction and choreography thrown in.  but now i'm seriously considering picking up where i left off in late '96, the next-to-last time i diverted from my theatrical studies, took "data to information", and completely lost interest in discrete math and java simultaneously after only a month (but still aced digital logic).  i'm considering getting a thorough grounding in linux too, since one of my longest-standing friends was #2 at redhat, and in '95 i mutually-befriended a noble bostonian who is now a security muckymuck at amazon.

so yeah, mostly it's the games.  the longer and more involved the better.  for which you are to be hugely blessed, crafting depth and vision where yesterday there was only a glimmer of false accomplishment!  (not to speak ill of any designers, to be sure...)
  my shame in that department is having spent so many permutations and micro-managements with the beegees, ultimas, xcoms, *crafts, that i've barely touched nwn and haven't even seen the Temple (the first module i ever paid money for).
  still trying to slog through both IWDs.  hell, i've only really finished bg1 and soa thrice apiece.  my unattached wizard slayer and undead hunter campaigns are sitting halfway through their final battles (or perhaps two fifths?) because i got the cold sweats worrying about whether the final animation would really be a payoff.  i'm frankly more addicted to the creation and procedural processes than Finding Out What Happens At The End.  which is why i figure i'll end up becoming some kind of monstrous mongrel modder.  (although that might not be so great for a prospective game tester... hmmm...)

i'm gathering that there are a few texans-or-thereabouters in the upper echelons here?  might be another excuse to visit my ex in houston...  as long as i don't have to go anywhere near dallas.  i've had an aversion to dallas county ever since i saw errol morris' "the thin blue line".

breathe!  breathe!

EDIT: spelling/name correction/grammar/bracket adjustments
« Last Edit: October 23, 2004, 04:20:35 AM by Reverendratbastard »
the lord of murder shall perish, yadda yadda yadda.

Offline Dymphna

• Planewalker
« Reply #81 on: November 17, 2004, 06:07:28 AM »
Erm, hi.  :)

I just registered here, but I've been lurking around here for months.
I'm 15 year's old, live in Finland and have a hate-hate relationship with my
computer.
I love reading. And drawing. And writing. And a dozen other things, but I don't want to bore you to death. Yet.  :P

I love playing BG 2:SoA (I don't love playing BG 2: ToB )

I always have at least there three mods installed:

Dungeon-Be-Gone, (It keeps me sane)
 NPC Flirt Packs 
 Banter Pack (Whee, interaction!)

Um, it's been a while since I last posted to a forum.
I sometimes have a very queer sense of humour.  And can be very blunt when I want to , which is very rarely.
I tend to lurk more than I post and think hard before writing anything.

That's all, folks!  :)

Offline Der Revisor

• Man from the edge of shadow
  • Planewalker
  • Wolfie! Wolfie! Run Wolfie... but you cant escape.
« Reply #82 on: December 11, 2004, 10:52:41 AM »
... testing ... testing ... so, it works. Ok.

As my nick say, I enjoy enchanting things and blaming those who resist that inevitable process. Don't feel offended, I'm here just "en passant" and the main purpose of spending my time here is being in touch with ppl who already gave very great pieces of IE modding artwork. So, ... I came here to see what you have in this pocket. : )))) Secondary, I'll try to get what overall WeiDU syx is and to offer some exact minor/major changes provided by mine current project CE2.0SE (Actually 3D Engine, but one powerful parser/precompiler mechanism will be included soon). Beside the fact I'm not able to post the proper english and I say what I think, I belive we shall not have the other problems here.

One "hi" for all those who I already know.
Others, be well.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2004, 05:36:24 PM by Revisor »
- Der Revisor

Offline perricath

• Planewalker
  • How sybaritic of me!
« Reply #83 on: December 26, 2004, 02:45:29 PM »
Hello, I'm Perricath. I'm a Mac user (yeah, yeah, yeah... I like it, okay?) married to a Mac/Linux/does it use silicon chips? programmer and we're slowly converting and testing mods to Mac compatibility. I admit I haven't posted here before though I've lurked around the various communities while downloading mods.

I also write fiction; I'm working on selling a couple of novels to Luna and a third SF to Berkley. I'm also writing a critical history of Christianity in the Colonial period.

I game as much as I can find the time for, but darn it, I need a time-stop spell sometimes.

Perricath
"All is chaos under Heaven, and the situation is excellent." - Chairman Mao

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #84 on: December 26, 2004, 02:51:55 PM »
Hello, I'm Perricath. I'm a Mac user (yeah, yeah, yeah... I like it, okay?) married to a Mac/Linux/does it use silicon chips? programmer and we're slowly converting and testing mods to Mac compatibility. I admit I haven't posted here before though I've lurked around the various communities while downloading mods.

I also write fiction; I'm working on selling a couple of novels to Luna and a third SF to Berkley. I'm also writing a critical history of Christianity in the Colonial period.

I game as much as I can find the time for, but darn it, I need a time-stop spell sometimes.

Perricath

Welcome to PPG.  :)

It's nice to see work progressing to make mods more compatible with other platforms.  Another user has recently begun work on converting mods to Linux, so the more the merrier.  It helps keep the modding world going even longer.
<Moongaze> Luckily BWL has a very understanding and friendly admin.

Offline cheshy

• Planewalker
introductions
« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2005, 05:34:10 PM »
hey, new here, he's the "hi everybody" post

before that, lemme say THANKS! for this possibility. Baulder's Gate rocks the house, as we all know

and I'm glad y'all got the patience and love neccesary for ignant foo's like me to enjoy it.

y'all kick a$$, give yourself a hand

question one backround: I have bg2 w/ToB, they're installed (unpatched,) and playable.

I got the ToB patch, but my pc says it can't "find the file specified"

easy problem, but I mentioned my ignant foo status, which I am finding is very inhibitory when it comes to patching, mod'ing and the like.

thanks in advance, dudes and dudettes.

Since this has been moved, appropriately, to the intro's post...

...21, trailer trash, live in Minneap. south metro, hobbies include music, writing, basket ball, yah I'm lame I know.

dig chicks and brad pitt ;)

about to play bg2 through again as soon as I get it debbugged and a tetris shot, as an elf f m t, yah I'm lame I know.

keep the 'family tradition' if you're down with hank W Jr. but no I don't really listen to country.

work at McWendy's and McSuper McAmerica, will be going back to McSt. Cloud state next fallish.

6 foot buck ninty corn-fed white-boy, eventually will be a lawyer or somesuch cornholery. ya I'm lame...you get the point.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2005, 06:02:00 PM by cheshy »

Aegnor

« Reply #86 on: January 13, 2005, 01:36:58 AM »
Ok, so this is my first post. (obviously)

So what to say?
18 year old (19 in a week)
one of the male species
From sweden.
Been playing the games for some time, recently became a (newbie) modder.
I don't actually have an internet connection at home.. :'( So I'm mostly online when I'm in school.

Well, that's all, folks!

Offline Mikayel

• Planewalker
« Reply #87 on: January 24, 2005, 09:30:07 PM »
Hmm, I suppose this is as good a place to start as any.

sup, some dude from california - true neutral i guess
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 05:15:57 AM by Mikayel »

Offline mantaS of Umar

• Planewalker
« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2005, 04:50:51 PM »
I have been a lurker too, guilty.
I am Satnam
I have owned: Intellivision (damn block dudes acting like they run)
Sega (pre-genesis) they called the Master system...I even had the funky 3d glasses for Zaxxon, I swear between that game and Tempest, I must have spent my MIT tuition in one summer.
I am a BG and BG2 fanatic, just recently found this site when I ran into issues with BG1.
Spare time I read (Forgotten Realms mostly) play games on my PC, although the PS2 and Madden are stealing some time.
Basic data:
36, human (ex wife will question that) choatic good.
I have 2 daughters (I have custody and they are both Baldur's Gate fans) and a German Sheppard puppy.
Oh and i have a full-time career with a boss who would drop dead if he knew where I was at this moment.
 :D
Why don't we kill that over there?

Qwinn

« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2005, 12:26:22 AM »
I hadn't seen this thread either - my bad for failing to check in.  Not a lurker though!  Been fairly active helping officially and unofficially beta-test a few mods, both here and over at G3.  Hoping to acquire some m4d m0dd1ng sk1llz myself from watching the masters at work, and a few ideas playing around in my head.

I'm male, age 35, name of Paul.  100% Spaniard descent, Cuban by upbringing, New Jersey by residence, American by nature. 

Been into computers for most of my life, including my childhood.  Whole new vistas opened up for me at age 7 when my brother brought home a rental computer with Compuserve attached (110 baud - eat your heart out).  I bought my first computer at around 10 years of age - I'm pretty sure it predated even the Atari 2600, at least when it first came out.  It was the first real "PC" - a Radio Shack TRaSh-80 Model I Level I BASIC computer (retailing for $500 with a staggering 4K of jet-fuel-breathing RAM!)  Would you believe I stocked shelves in a convenience store for 3 years to afford that puppy?  Most watches come with more memory than that thing had now.

Huge sci-fi/fantasy fan.  Favorite authors include Larry Niven and Roger Zelazny.  Favorite TV shows include Babylon 5 and Farscape.  I can enjoy Star Trek, but I'm also a veritable heathen on account of finding the entire Star Wars universe to be generally silly and boring. 

Recovering MMORPG addict (alright, it's been a few years, but you know you never really recover).

Work from home as a computer consultant - and let me tell ya, it's the life. 

Anything else?  Well, if you're cute, single, female, and there isn't an insane age disparity between us, and you want to know more, drop me a line ;)  The rest of ya - why do you want to know so badly?!?!?!   :o

Qwinn

Offline melora

• The Quiet Storm
  • Planewalker
  • I don't need your attitude, i have one of my own !
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2005, 03:38:43 AM »
wow, another Zelazny fan !
Somebody had to be me; it might as well be me.<br />-Charles Barkley

Moongaze

« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2005, 07:14:34 AM »
Oh, I might as well...

I'm 19, turning 20 in May, born and raised in Holland (or The Netherlands, whichever you prefer). I'm not really thrilled by TV since there's hardly anything good on it here (maybe once or twice a week). I don't have any favorite movies either. Can't really be bothered to watch them. Same with books.

I'm into music, especially 70's / 80's rock. Going to learn bass guitar soon. 8) I play a lot of videogames, especially RPG's, and BGII has always been a favorite of mine. Now I discovered the modding community, I'm more addicted than ever, and not planning to leave anytime soon. I'm still unemployed, unfortunately (I'm looking, though!), and I'm also unmarried.(not single, however. Tymora be praised :-[ )

I'm a very active lurker of the BGII Mod community, and I'm working on my own Mod(s) while trying out other people's Mods. My favorite are NPC and Romance Mods, though I'm using a lot of others too, apart from Tutu (can't get it to work) and other (drastic) conversions.

Nice to meet ye! ;D

Offline Imoen_Nightflame

• Aerodynamically Curvaceous
  • Planewalker
  • Love me, for I am small and squishy!
    • the moonmaiden's haven
« Reply #92 on: January 29, 2005, 11:10:06 AM »
Heya! I'm Katie. I'm 16, and from Fresno, California.
I was originally the youngest modder (well, I wasn't releasing any of my stuff back then) on the original website/forums.
AND I SPENT THREE FREAKING YEARS TRYING TO FIND YOU GUYS AGAIN!  :'( But, I did, so I'm good :D
I haven't changed my username since last time, so if you're wondering, yeah, I'm the original Imoen_Nightflame.

Hmmm. I'm a rabid Imoen/Kelsey/Anomen fangirl (is that contradictory, to love Kelsey AND Anomen?) I love the storyline quite a bit, and this was the first game I ever really got into.
I was the most praised out of my friends (all of them BG fans), because I owned every game. But now, my BG2 CD's were destroyed *dies*, I gave my fiancee my copy of BG (it's unfindable at stores now), and I have an XBox and not either of the Dark Alliance games for it.

So, yes! If any of you remember me or were one of my good friends on here (BEN!!), PM me! Or IM me...or something of that kidney...

~Imoen Nightflame
Hehe, I'm such a nerd. I wonder if anyone understands why my last name is Nightflame?
Oh, Rainbow Hitler, you're so dreeeeamy!

King

« Reply #93 on: February 25, 2005, 04:13:43 PM »
My name is Jamie, and I'm from South Carolina.

I played Baldur's Gate 1 when it first came out, but I'm planning on playing it again. Maybe I'll try DSotSC, which I recall seeing somewhere here.

And I'm also planning on buying Baldur's Gate 2.

That's about it.

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #94 on: February 25, 2005, 06:36:04 PM »
If, once you get BG2, you feel like trying out BG1 with the enhanced features of the BG2 engine, I recommend the Tutu (BG1 to 2) mod.  And not just because I'm one of the creators. :)

http://www.pocketplane.net/tutu
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Xiao

• Planewalker
  • Do not taunt Happy Fun Xiao.
« Reply #95 on: February 25, 2005, 07:43:48 PM »
Hey, I'm a 34-year-old woman,living in the suburbs of Chicago with my husband and two ferrets.  I've been playing computer games most of my life, ever since a childhood friend had this amazing game called "Pong" hooked up to her TV.  I also played D&D/AD&D on and off from age 8 through college.  Much more recently, I've been playing the hell out of Neverwinter Nights, Knights of the Old Republic, and City of Heroes.  I'm a recovering EQ addict, and before I started playing that, I absolutely adored playing Baldur's Gate (1).  I'd never actually finished it, though, so a few months back I dusted it off, installed, and finished it up.  From there, I ordered BG2, and partway through ToB I found my way here.

Oh yeah, almost forgot - Kelsey > Anomen with Flirt Pack > Anomen. ;D  Go figure, I detest romance novels/chick flicks/romantic films, but give me a decent RPG in which a nice guy can win my heart, and I'm a total sucker.

King

« Reply #96 on: February 26, 2005, 01:06:47 PM »
If, once you get BG2, you feel like trying out BG1 with the enhanced features of the BG2 engine, I recommend the Tutu (BG1 to 2) mod.  And not just because I'm one of the creators. :)

http://www.pocketplane.net/tutu

I think I'll try that as opposed to DSotSC. From what I've been reading around, it's not the best of mods.

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #97 on: February 26, 2005, 03:48:33 PM »
...it's not the best of mods.

I wasn't going to say anything.  Heh.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline SimDing0â„¢

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #98 on: February 26, 2005, 06:11:46 PM »
Me neither.

Offline SeanFan

• Planewalker
« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2005, 05:24:13 PM »
I've been posting here for several months, so I suppose it's about time I introduced myself.  :)

I'm, err, old, and I live in Eastern Massachusetts with my husband and two kids. I'm also a long time BG player, and was a regular on alt.games.baldurs-gate (under another name) for quite a while. As a matter of fact, I think I must have played the very earliest versions of both Kelsey and Solaufein, and I remember quite clearly the post responsible for the horror that became known as "Improved Illyich".

Needless to say, now that I'm back in BG-playing mode, I'm glad I've found a place to indulge my interest in all things BG. My husband just doesn't understand.  ;)