Author Topic: Introductions  (Read 135686 times)

Offline rreinier

• Planewalker
Re: Introductions
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2004, 10:30:14 AM »
Okay, this is me:

Name: Reinier (surprising, no?  ;))
Sex: Male
Picture available in the PPG photo gallery
Live in: Baarn, the Netherlands
Hobbys: Tolkien, Baldur's Gate, music, other things
Favourite book: The Silmarillion
Favourite movies: The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
Current projects: beta tester for UB, am working on a mod that's supposed to make the Elves of Suldanessellar (and possibly a few others, too) speak Elvish. Work progressing incredibly slowly, though, due to innate lazyness...

Offline Grim Squeaker

• Fallen
  • Planewalker
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2004, 10:50:45 AM »
Hmmm... why not, I'll introduce myself.

My name's Dave and I've been using the name Grim Squeaker for forums etc for quite a while now (although I use Phantom as a callsign in games coz Grim Squeaker isn't very menacing!).  I'm 18 and live in Hertfordshire, England when I'm not at uni (University of Edinburgh).  My photo is in the PPG gallery if you want to take a look...

My favourite books are probably Lord of the Rings and Anne Rice's Tale of the Body Thief.  Some of my favourite films are Empire Strikes Back, The Matrix, Terminator 2, Shawshank Redemption.  My favourite modern music includes stuff by Kane, Meat Loaf, Evanescence, Linkin Park, Cranberries, the Rat Pack, Queen and many more.  My favourite pieces of classical music include Barber's Adagio for Strings and Saint-Saëns Danse Macabre. 

Modding wise I'm working on far too many projects.  Over at FW I have an NPC project called Harvey, who is in beta testing at the moment.  My other mods are at Gibberlings Three.  I'm the kind of incharge type personm coder and writer for some stuff for the Tiefling Sisters project with Dancer Fitz and BevH.  I'm the coder for the Viconia Relationship, which is being writen by Zandilar.  I have an ongoing project called Banter Packs: Part Deux, which is designed to add material between non-Bioware NPCs.  I also have another SEKRIT PROJEKT that will be revealed when its done...

I have completed two mini mods: sporeboy!'s Alternate Portrait Pack, which allows you to use sporeboy!'s fantastic portraits in your game of BG2.  I also created a Blonde Imoen mod, which basically does what it says...  I did also make an entry for the 2nd Iron modder competiton but its still not online coz its got big bugs in it...
"You alone can make my song take flight..."

Offline krummi

• Planewalker
  • One of the Many
    • mkinside
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2004, 05:47:04 PM »
Heya!

I wander from the part of Russia known as Finland. 25(ish) years has passed since I was spawned on this blue ball of ours and good deal of that time Ive been playing with electronic games. BG is my weak spot since I seem to gravitate to it on a regular basis. And BG2 is which lured me to lurk here.

On other entertainment I am somewhat of a movie freak, especially anything sci-fi related make my heart go boom. Same goes for literature, exception on that being Pratchett, the man is a genious.

So, heya to yall..

Offline Sargallath Abraxium

• The Posterchild for Spaying & Neutering
  • Planewalker
  • Burn, INEPTPLAY, Burn!
    • The Coconut Clan's IWD Downloads
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2004, 04:58:35 PM »
...OK, why not:

...me name's Jason; I hails from Nova Scotia (that be in Kanada, fer all the Americans out there)...I's a vet o' pretty-much e'ery version o' a BIS/IPLY/BIOweenian Board since '99/'00...thnx ta yer MODS & Weimer's Collection, I got back inta playin' SoA (I got tired o' the IWDs; ya can only play 'em soo much 'afore any game gits a wee bit old)...I wasna crazy 'bout SoA, although it had its good points (let's not e'en git inta Throne o' Bullshyte), but the amount o' quality MODS out there fer it (an' the utter lack o' IWD & PS:T mods) brought me back...PS:T is the best game e'er ta grace me HDD an', in me opinion, is the single greatest cRPG that's been released since PC gamin' started...I's highly opinionated an' always enjoy a good "discussion", as long as peoples come ta understand that, at the end o' the day, I was right in the first place...other than that, I's easy ta git along wit'... ;D

...oh, an' fer those jus' itchin' ta start the complainin' 'bout me choice o' "dialogue"; piss off, it's been done an' done better...there's always the ignore button... ;D

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...
DISCLAIMER: The Above post contains scenes of graphic violence, coarse language, and mature themes.

VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED
[/color]

BIS POST MORTEM

Offline Veldrin

• Bane of the Illithid, and Valygar Corthala.
  • Planewalker
  • The Omni-present authority figure.
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2004, 02:17:53 PM »
Hello all. I'm realtively new here, as you may have noticed. Drow by parentage.. presumably. But, as of now, in Human British female form. A sucker for Hammer horror house, role playing, and lord of the rings, both books and films, Buffy the vampire slayer, and rock music; mainly Led Zep, Queen, The pistols, the x-ray spex, the ramones. As of Gatesy opinions:
Favourite Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Race: Half elf
Class: Fighter/Mage
Favourite NPC's: Edwin.. might I request a romance  ;)?
Lest Favourite: Immy and Aerie. Can't stand the constant whining and rubbishy accents... I'm sure the spider pits of Lolth could devise exquisite torture for them.. :D And Valygar Corthala - with the portrait, I thought he might be pretty cool.. but the whole 'I'm glad you found meh whan you did, thish group dush good thangs.' Quickly tested my nerves.. Tolgerias...*ahem* I beleive a reward is in order..
For Lolth.

Offline Silence

• The Self Proclaimed Uber Goddess of the Omniverse
  • Planewalker
  • Little Miss Pyro..
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2004, 12:20:08 AM »
*Waves from her lurker corner*

I'm Silence.. the ultimate Lurker Goddess..  I lurk.. I read.. I download.. I drool..

I absolutely love the mods and wish I could do the hard work you mod makers manage to do.

You OWN.

I would worship the lot of you, except that would require sacrifices and all that.. and those stains are such a pain to remove..

My first mod I ever downloaded was Kelsey.. which I loved.. until I kinda got creeped out about how much he was like my then ex.. rofl..

Nothing but love for all of you!

Unless you try to steal my sugar.. then I'll have to get nasty.

*Returns to her lurking shadows*

Offline Sarah

• Dizzy Blond
  • Planewalker
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2004, 09:22:30 AM »
HAI MY NAME SI AURORA AND I LIEK TEH PENGUIN OK?

PLZ BE NICE HUGS THX.

OMG WIFEY *smooches*

Well thanks to my darling wifey, I have been made aware of these new boards. I clicked on my old FWP link last week to find it had morphed into FWS and Kelsey was gone ;_; I googled by I could not find him *sobs* But last night I found my way to the new chat room and these boards <3

(Btw I am/was/whatever Calliope/Pirotess)

Offline Sarah

• Dizzy Blond
  • Planewalker
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2004, 09:38:55 AM »
*Waves from her lurker corner*

I'm Silence.. the ultimate Lurker Goddess..  I lurk.. I read.. I download.. I drool..

I absolutely love the mods and wish I could do the hard work you mod makers manage to do.

You OWN.

I would worship the lot of you, except that would require sacrifices and all that.. and those stains are such a pain to remove..

My first mod I ever downloaded was Kelsey.. which I loved.. until I kinda got creeped out about how much he was like my then ex.. rofl..

Nothing but love for all of you!

Unless you try to steal my sugar.. then I'll have to get nasty.

*Returns to her lurking shadows*

OMG, I just saw your avatar...I've been watching the Sailor Moon live action series recently, it rocks :D

Offline Cuv

• Planewalker
« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2004, 05:00:44 AM »
I suppose that I should introduce myself to those that don't know me.   I am Cuv... that is short for Cuvieronius.  Which is short for Cuvieronius tropicus    .... it's a neotropical Gomphothere that inhabited North and Central American about 30,000 years ago ;)

I mod,  love making new areas for BG2/ToB.   Worked on Ascension, stay generally quiet most of the time.  Been working on RTW for the last (gasp!) three years  ???     I collect old dead things (fossils) ... lived in Texas the last 5 years, but back in California now.   I mostly lurk, but will speak up with help on modding or editing.

Hi my name is jester......and I surf. :(

... and I surf too... everyday unless its too blown out.   

Cuv

Offline Stoplight Red

• Infectious. Literally.
  • Planewalker
  • I swear that there's really only one of me.
    • The Last Stoplight
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2004, 04:36:19 PM »
Yello...

I believe I am officially a 'caught lurker,' and everyone knows that when you catch a lurk creature, it's required to introduce itself and stop being shy.

So I'm Stoplight, although if you saw me on the street, Jessie would probably elicit a less confused look. You would see me on the street if you visited Washington state. As confessed over at the Chosen of Mystra board, (where I was caught, courtesy of Jcompton... should have seen my face turn red...) I am thoroughly intimidated by Pocket Plane, simply because of the incredible talent hovering around here. It makes me all goosebumpy. I'll get over it, though. Really. Truly. Not looking for shadows, honest.

75% of my hard drive is currently occupied with BG:SOA and modules, and the rest is full of my half-baked novels. I think that about covers it for now. ;-)
<StoplightRed> right, right. but see, most of my friends really aren't bastards.
*** Corvis has joined channel #ppgmod
<jcompton> Right on cue!

Offline julwise

• Relax, man.
  • Planewalker
« Reply #60 on: June 04, 2004, 02:41:32 AM »
I guess i'll do this business.

I had actually posted a tiny bit on the old FW boards in December/January-ish but surely nothing anyone would remember. I won't explain my username except to say it was given to me by my friends. You can call me by it or Julie. Speaking of my friends, I have none who enjoy computer games. :'( I'll play pretty much anything except first person shooters as I suck at them. First electonic games I ever played, probably Duck Hunt, that first Mario game, and M.U.L.E. I still adore M.U.L.E. First computer game had something to do with the San Diego zoo. I plan to be a Director/Rockstar primarily with a side of Producer/Magazine Founder/Club Owner/Musicfest Chairman (the name of the festival is strictly confidential). We'll see how that goes. Anyway, Pirates are my favorite, and my aforementioned friends call me a pirate because i'm Irish. Ninjas are okay too. I'm from Montana (just like... nobody else) but I live in Texas. Alack, I am only 18 (until July 28!) Maybe one day i'll mod... :-X
« Last Edit: June 04, 2004, 02:43:15 AM by julwise »

Offline Kristophe

• Planewalker
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2004, 07:03:15 PM »
Well I suppose it is only fitting that I make my first post here at the Pocket Plane on this thread...

I am Kristophe - which is actually the German version of my real name "Christopher"...I won't comment about "ageless gamers", other than to say I remember when there were no computers...and television was the newest technological marvel *chuckles*  And while I never played M.U.L.E., my first computer game was Zork - played on an old Apple (we won't mention my other favorite of that time period, "Leather Goddesses of Phobos").  Quite naturally, my absolute, all-time favorite genre of computer games is the RPG  :)

I'm a retired former Navyman, and living the hard life along the Outer Banks of NC - meaning I spend some little part of my time in or around the surf enjoying the summertime "beach scenery".  *chuckles again*  I also surf around the internet a bit - always on the lookout for new and interesting items to write about (oh - I rather guess I forgot to mention I spend some of my time as an online Gaming Reporter/Editor).  BTW - I've been having the pleasure of playing many of your completed mods (and the ssoundsets, NPC flirt & banter packs, etc)...and am looking forward to playing some of the projusect presently in their respective working stages...I'd also volunteer to help out the ladies Kismet & St. Josephine with their search for a Male Actor - but I am afraid I have no ancestors that were, in any way/shape/or form...an Elf!!

Memories that forgotten...cannot be

Offline melora

• The Quiet Storm
  • Planewalker
  • I don't need your attitude, i have one of my own !
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2004, 11:57:53 AM »
[

I won't comment about "ageless gamers", other than to say I remember when there were no computers...and television was the newest technological marvel *chuckles* 

me too!!   do you remember "Pong"?
Somebody had to be me; it might as well be me.<br />-Charles Barkley

Offline Kristophe

• Planewalker
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2004, 12:04:59 PM »
Indeed I do, lady Melora...Space Invaders...etc *chuckles*  As I recall...Pong was an Atari product (not to be confused with the Game Publisher known today as Atari - same name - different companies altogether)...
Memories that forgotten...cannot be

Offline LizDiggory

• Dancing Lady!
  • Planewalker
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2004, 09:01:53 PM »
Hey all,

I just came over here from FW so I guess I'll introduce myself

Name: Cheryl Lynn Harris
Nicknames: Liz and sometimes Jade
Favorite colors: Purple, Silver, and Black
Favorite BG2 Mod: Kelsey  ;D
Favorite Game: For PC BG2, for PS2 Tales of Destiny

I'm currently enrolled at Johnson and Wales University, studying to be a chef.
I finished my freshman year about a month ago, and I'm looking forward to my sophmore year starting in September.

Also I'm about 8 and 1/2 months pregnant and I'm eagerly awaiting my due date, although I haven't really decided on a name yet, I'm open to any and all suggestions ::)

Liz

Shadow Ishtar

« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2004, 05:31:58 PM »
Well, I'd like to register but I'll have to settle for being a regular guest. I'll be around for a while, and as soon as possible I'll register.

Anything else, you'll figure out.

Offline Shadow Ishtar

• Current Character: Female CG Human Ranger
  • Planewalker
« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2004, 06:25:48 PM »
Um, yeah.
I'm regstered now...under Shadow_Ishtar instead of Shadow Ishtar because of an email problem of the company's. Grr!

Well, hello everybody!

Oh yeah, my name is Kelsey too.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2004, 06:35:59 PM by Shadow_Ishtar »
http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?topic=16740.0
My banter ideas are in the above topic. Go see!

Offline Ashigaru

• Planewalker
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2004, 06:35:39 AM »
Real name: Jeremy Schweigen (dont bother trying to figure out how to pronounce it)
Current Place of Residence: Kansas
Alias: Tako
Favorite games: StarCraft, BG 1&2(of course)
Hobbies: Writing (never finished a story though, perhaps I'll write some fanfics)
Favorite Colors: Black and Red

Offline Noodle

• Sir
  • Planewalker
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2004, 12:04:14 PM »
Woah, So glad I found this site, there's some great mods here. I'm Noodle, ** years old, from the UK. Long-time BG fan. I mainly hang out on the UK PCGamer forums, where we have had about 3/4 200-page threads on General BG randomness.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2004, 12:06:50 PM by Noodle »
+1 Post Count

Offline MythicalChicken

• Hooker With a Heart of Gold
  • Planewalker
« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2004, 10:50:55 PM »
Hey y'all --

Real name's Russ, a freelance journalist based in North Carolina. Also a recovering Powergamer, long time lurker who finally decided to show himself today.

Kelsey was my first mod, and with so many subsequnt mods my BG2 folder takes up an obscene amount of space; I've learned enough modding to tweak my own games, and once I commit to learning how to write dialouge I'll try making a few of my own. For now, I'm in the research stage, determined to make druids kick as much ass as I know they can, and establish that the Druid Grove's a cool place to hang after all.

I mainly write about regional music and the health care industry (I'm a gemini -- I have no other defense); before that, I used to be a pretty damn good tenor before ciggies and stress took their merciless toll. My dad comes from tobacco fields, my mom from a SC-based plantation, and I spent some time in England singing when I was younger (25 now), which turned my vocabulary (not my accent) into this strange Southern American-Anglophile hybrid and the reason no one knows where I'm from when I'm on message boards.

Aside from this, I spend most of my time writing, check out modding sites when I'm waiting for phone calls, and squeeze in working out, meditating and paying the bills somewhere in between.

It's nice to be here.
Explained the whole phoenix myth to a debutante in high school once, for a group project. Her reply? "Oh, it's like a Mythical Chicken!"

Offline Lyn

• Planewalker
« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2004, 07:41:46 PM »
Hello, everyone!

I am Lyn, the (somewhat new) lurker. I lurk. It's fun.

And, once in a while, I actually get up the nerve to post something.

I don't think I have actually managed to post anything yet. Ah, well. Better finish this quickly, before I lose the nerve.

Anyway. I'm somewhat new to the whole world of BG2 mods - I only learned what they were about eight months ago. And I've been playing the BG series for... *thinks hard* Possibly two years?

So yeah. I'm new. Meaning, I haven't managed to get past Chapter 4 in a non-cheating game - if only because I don't have the patience for it.

But anyway. I think I'll return to lurking, obsessing over Kelsey, and playing Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn.

Offline Veloxyll

• Seeker of Shiny Things
  • Planewalker
« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2004, 10:35:52 AM »
Hee, I did say I was going to post here, so I suppose I should

<random introductory text that makes sense>

Anyhow, I have a plate with 3 Sausage rolls on it (that I;ll eat eventually) and am waiting for Alarielle to take her turn in scrabble, which she just did. My posts will be scattered around the forums, like easter eggs waiting for you to find them...except not as tasty.
Shiny things, shiny things, shiny shiny shiny things!

Offline Alarielle

• Disco Blob
  • Planewalker
« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2004, 06:45:23 AM »
Yay, my scrabble victim buddy finally posted!
'Can I swashbuckle through your drawers?' - Grim Squeaker

Alarielle: There's a good kind of dirty?
Andyr: It's the 'cool, kinky' dirty as opposed to the 'take a bath you fucking messy fuck' dirty :)

Offline Briannandoah

• Planewalker
« Reply #73 on: August 29, 2004, 07:07:19 AM »
I am mostly lurking around here, since I just don't have time to be active on all of the boards...

My RL name is Johanna, I live in Finland and am 35 y/o. I have played RPG since I was 20, and I wish I had had knowledge of them earlier, since I would have had more fun as teenager if I had been able to play them at that time ;)

I too remember the time before computers, and when the television was black&white (or different shades of gray). I had my first computer about 6-7 years ago, and first computer game about 5 years ago (it was Riven btw) - though there was some games with the first Mac, like Descent 1 and Full Throttle... yesh. I use MacIntosh instead of PC, and since it is harder to get decent games for Macs, I don't have that many of them.

When I am not sitting at my computer, I am either sleeping ;D or taking care of my five dogs and occasional other animals that inhabit our household. I also have a husband, whom I have managed to transfer into a soon to become modder, I think... Oh and I have an npc mod for BGII under development, don't expect it to be published soon, though.
Yes, it is possible to kill the chickens!
- I hope you're planning to eat all that.

Offline Paladin

• Light bringer
  • Planewalker
  • Child of Bhaal
    • Eyes on me
« Reply #74 on: September 02, 2004, 12:53:25 PM »
hi..
so i decide to intruduce myself too..
name: sir Vaidas
class: paladin (or so i try to live)
alignment: lawful good hmm but somtimes lawful neutral or chaotic good..
str: 13 dex: 9 con: 13 int:14 wis:16 cha:17(not always.. :) )
age.. (hmm i'm young) 21
hmm i'm just a watcher that reads this forum.. and of course i'm waiting for new mods (especially for Nalia romance)
my favorite pc game is Baldur's gate 2 the shadows of Amn + Throne of Bhaal. i also playing and mastering pnp rpg: d&d, ad&d, gurps.
that's all i think...
To ride abroad redressing human wrongs,
To speak no slander, no, nor listen to it,
To honor his own word as if his god's,
To lead sweet lives in purest chastity,
To love one maiden only [...]
And worship her by years of noble deeds...