Author Topic: Introductions  (Read 135595 times)

Offline Bons

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Glad Corvis Isn't Dead Club
Re: Introductions
« Reply #100 on: February 28, 2005, 05:51:02 PM »
As a matter of fact, I think I must have played the very earliest versions of both Kelsey and Solaufein, and I remember quite clearly the post responsible for the horror that became known as "Improved Illyich".

Hee!  :)
Newt had always suspected that people who regularly used the word "community" were using it in a very specific sense that excluded him and everyone he knew.

--Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, "Good Omens"

Offline Finelines

• If I sound like Silk, that's because I am Silk
  • Planewalker
  • A cat of many colours
« Reply #101 on: March 14, 2005, 11:01:17 AM »
This is purely a name change.  I'm Silk.  I changed it because it was too close to Salk and people (I think) were starting to confuse us.

This is my cattery prefix.  I breed Burmese cats.

Silk did an intro way back on about page 3.
"Some say that our destinies may be read in the stars, that the plans of the gods are revealed to those who but know where to look.  They speak it true but their location is false, for I have seen my destiny shining in your eyes"

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #102 on: March 14, 2005, 02:19:27 PM »
I think you can change your username.  In fact, I know you can.  See: discharger/dosh/echani/josh.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
« Reply #103 on: March 14, 2005, 03:39:22 PM »
This is purely a name change.  I'm Silk.  I changed it because it was too close to Salk and people (I think) were starting to confuse us.

Yeh, actually, I did a few times.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline Finelines

• Planewalker
  • A cat of many colours
« Reply #104 on: March 14, 2005, 09:51:12 PM »
Drat, why aren't you lot psychic?
"Some say that our destinies may be read in the stars, that the plans of the gods are revealed to those who but know where to look.  They speak it true but their location is false, for I have seen my destiny shining in your eyes"

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #105 on: March 14, 2005, 10:10:04 PM »
If our users can't tell the difference between a woman on the PPG forum and the polio vaccine guy...
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline Finelines

• Planewalker
  • A cat of many colours
« Reply #106 on: March 14, 2005, 11:17:17 PM »
<laughs>

Offline Oddsbodskins

• Planewalker
« Reply #107 on: March 30, 2005, 03:34:03 PM »
hi, uhm, first time poster, saw the place and browsed some of the mods (a new thing to me they are, but i feel i've missed out on something so far  ::) ) and thought, since i liked them, it seemed only polite to join :)

my names sam, i'm 20 and from scotland, played BG2, IWD on and off for a few years now, and NWN recently as well. feeling like it's time to diversify within those limitations, so mods it is :D guilty confession is that i'm not a die-hard PnP'ing (A)D&D all out fan, but nobodies perfect ;)
Åll spelling ånd gråmmåticål errors in this messåge åre å result of your overåctive imåginåtion.

Offline Nihilistic Dream

• Planewalker
« Reply #108 on: April 13, 2005, 08:46:05 AM »
My name is Chris Hekman (the real one then). And no i do not live up to my last name (Hekman, looks a bit like Hackman)
I am a man though.  ::)
Im new to modding. u used to RAM hack/edit this old game "nox" in which im still one of the bests.
I hope ill learn some good modding over here becouse im bored.

Favored mod: DBG-Dungeon be gone. (i hated that level) and the Bigpicture pack.
Worst mods: there are no bad mods. only good tries.

Speciallity: none....YET!!!

my names sam, i'm 20 and from scotland, played BG2, IWD on and off for a few years now, and NWN recently as well. feeling like it's time to diversify within those limitations, so mods it is  guilty confession is that i'm not a die-hard PnP'ing (A)D&D all out fan, but nobodies perfect
PnP D&D sucks. its fucking boring. i like warhammer better.

Offline Reverendratbastard

• Perfunctory Psychopomp
  • Planewalker
  • "to keep my metaphysics warm" -T.S.Eliot
« Reply #109 on: April 13, 2005, 10:26:19 AM »

WFRP?
 crappiest.  mechanics.  EVAR.

WFB/40K?
 meh.
the lord of murder shall perish, yadda yadda yadda.

Offline nightwish

• Planewalker
« Reply #110 on: April 15, 2005, 10:48:57 PM »
I suppose I should post here before spamming anywhere else...

I'm 23, currently living in West Yorkshire (but I'm foreign). I placed myself under house arrest because I'm sitting for my major finals next month. Unfortunately, that doesn't stop me from adventuring into the Forgotten Realms and even Daventry whenever possible. I recently got addicted to abandonware... and since warriors, mages, etc. are my fancy, it eventually led me back to the world of Baldur's Gate. BG2 is my all-time favorite game, along with Icewind Dale (only the 1st one though... II sucked).

Apart from that, I'm a big fan of PnP roleplaying, particularly 3rd ed DND. The people I'm living with are more into Call of Cthulhu and Vampire the Masquerade though... so they might tamper with my insanity level soon.

I have aspirations in many fields, such as creative writing, abnormal psychology, digital photography... even braiding hair and dreadlocks... must've been effects from BG2  ;D

Offline fateful

• Planewalker
    • Deviantart Gallery
« Reply #111 on: May 02, 2005, 03:51:38 PM »
Nice to meet you guys.  I'm fateful, artist in development  ;D.  Looking forward to discussing mods with you.   :)

Offline Bex

• black marketeer
  • Planewalker
« Reply #112 on: May 13, 2005, 12:19:16 AM »
I suppose a short introduction won't hurt.

I live in a city north of Ghreyfain and am apparently two days older than JCompton. I work for an accountant who doesn't believe in computers, and try not to spend too much of my free time at forums, because then I'd have no food or clean clothes and all my plants would die. But it's hard to resist answering questions about the workings of games I feel I know fairly well. Which is probably why I still hang out at Planet Baldur's Gate after all this time. I use capital letters when I wish to make a reasonable first impression. Just try getting through a job interview with no capital letters... guaranteed fiasco.
Silverjon's Journal: a Baldur's Gate fanfic/semi-AAR, by yours truly

Offline melora

• The Quiet Storm
  • Planewalker
  • I don't need your attitude, i have one of my own !
« Reply #113 on: May 13, 2005, 11:56:38 PM »
wow, Bex.... i see i am not the only one who works in an office with no computers.  i have to maintain my work's website from home.
Somebody had to be me; it might as well be me.<br />-Charles Barkley

Offline Bex

• black marketeer
  • Planewalker
« Reply #114 on: May 14, 2005, 02:17:04 AM »
Your work has a website? Lucky.
Silverjon's Journal: a Baldur's Gate fanfic/semi-AAR, by yours truly

Offline Chaotix, tiefling

• Overlord of Chaos
  • Planewalker
« Reply #115 on: May 14, 2005, 04:32:48 AM »
I'm Chaotix and I AM CHAOS!!
I belong to a modding group in Sydney, N.S.W. Australia,
I'm like the worst modder on the team, but I make the best items and i'm the best speller/debugger we've got. Notice how I haven't posted any bugs??
The group is poor and have no website, but our mods rox, BTW if anyone knows where we can stick some mods please send me a personal message detailing where.
I AM CHAOS!!!......  and just a little annoying...

Offline Veloxyll

• Seeker of Shiny Things
  • Planewalker
« Reply #116 on: May 14, 2005, 08:20:51 AM »
I suppose a short introduction won't hurt.

I live in a city north of Ghreyfain and am apparently two days older than JCompton. I work for an accountant who doesn't believe in computers, and try not to spend too much of my free time at forums, because then I'd have no food or clean clothes and all my plants would die. But it's hard to resist answering questions about the workings of games I feel I know fairly well. Which is probably why I still hang out at Planet Baldur's Gate after all this time. I use capital letters when I wish to make a reasonable first impression. Just try getting through a job interview with no capital letters... guaranteed fiasco.

I do not capitalise when I speak. No wonder I remain without a job!
Shiny things, shiny things, shiny shiny shiny things!

Mikbik

« Reply #117 on: May 25, 2005, 02:49:13 PM »
 Long time RPGer, I bought BG2 when it came out played it  too much then went to EQ(Played Mikbik and Zukn), played that too much bought BG1 then found the mod community. I was an avid reader/downloader of the Forgotten Wars(That was the old forum JC and Ghrey hung out in right?) forums, though I can't recollect posting.
 Before that I was a PnP gamer WFRP (:P to the rude comment above, great system and great setting), WWTAP(Werewolf The Apocalypse) and some ADD&D. AFter that came some muding on a dragonlance MUSH (I was Fingas,on the very vague chance anyone I played with passes by)and a non-precreated Sci-Fi MUSH.
  I'm currently playing Zukn and Mikbik in EQ2. I was an avid Magic The Gathering player for several years, 3rd-7th Ed. I enjoy a good game of chess or Settlers of Catan or Bood Bowl 2nd-3rd ed. Well that's my relevant game history.

Mikkbik

« Reply #118 on: June 03, 2005, 06:55:01 PM »
OOps no edit as I'm a guest. I'm British, lived in Canada for a long time, seemed longer due to isolation. (VERY Northern, Ontario)In specific I'm Welsh, call me English at your peril(British is acceptable), I posses a very celtic temprament. My real name is Ben (NOT Benjamin, ref Celtic temper), my middle name is Gawain, and my surname is Scandinavian, in origin(What like I'll hand everything out in one go?) my fathers family was from Yorkshire, NOT England, (For Americans(Or other foreign types) reading calling a Yorkshire or Welshman English is like walking into a bar in Alabama and saying "Go Yankies")
 I thought the banter packs were an exceptional addition and a masterfull use of the system. Without a doubt on par or better than the original characterisations. Kelsey showed a phenomanal standard for fan mods, that equalled and in many parts exceeded the profesional NPCs. Why you guys aren't working for a major software company or haven't started a company is beyond me.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #119 on: June 03, 2005, 07:06:15 PM »
You're right, yes, Forgotten Wars was the former location for many of these mods (and people.)

Why you guys aren't working for a major software company or haven't started a company is beyond me.

That's very flattering. I actually have looked into how much money it would take to launch a halfway respectable company to create a new CRPG. It's a lot more than I have and even more than I'm willing to lose in the attempt. :) I have no doubt that some of our better modders could indeed catch on in game design and development, but the profession is pretty demanding.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline Kuemper

• There can be only one
  • Planewalker
  • Let me check my notes.
« Reply #120 on: June 03, 2005, 07:33:18 PM »
<Walks up in front of blackboard and glances around shyly. Notices two guys in back shooting spitballs at everyone else. Coughs.>

Hi, I'm Kuemper.

<dead silence from other people. guys stop spitting.>

'Hi,' says Bons, waving a hand and giving me a smile. <I wave back. I think she's sweet.>

I'm from Newfoundland, Canada.

<Insert Newfie jokes here, fellow canucks>

Originally from Iowa. (that's below Minnesota and above Missouri, you simian ingrates.) I live with my first husband, Empath. I found this forum after seeing people had split off from Forgotten Wars. My first mod was Flirt Paks, then Kelsey, Getting-Rid-of-Anomen, Dungeon-be-Gone, and Solaufein.

<Notices rest of class is back doing what they were doing before I showed up. Pushes onward.>

I'm a writer and have been for 26 years. Watch out for me in FanFic. My parttime job is Domestic Engineering Supervisor. I like reading, playing D&D, AD&D, IE games and The Sims. I *think* I have Alzheimer's...maybe, can't remember... <a few people laugh>. Anyway, I got connected to the net after an eight year absence, so pardon me for not knowing WTF I'm doing. <direct last comment to Andyr> I'm reading this forum to break up my online comic habit and to check on Cailean's progress. Note I haven't posted there yet. <Go, girls, go!>

So, anyway, what I'm trying to say is: is it me, or does Weimer look too much like John Carmack with black hair?

<Sits back in chair near front, feeling the heated, laserbeam stares from modders in the back. Turns and decides the stack of pancakes looks particularly viscious. Bons, St. Josephine and Kismet talk about seizing power from Compton and running a totally girls-only forum>

Leaning over toward them, I whisper, "So, Bons is Blossom, St. J. is Buttercup and Kismet is Bubbles. Does that mean Compton is Professor and the pirate pancake is Mojo-Jojo?" <all five stare at my rudeness.>

What? This isn't PowerPuff Girls? PPG? Ya get it?!?"

<pirate pancake shoves a cutlass between its stacks and leaps off the chair.>

Exit. Stage Left.   ;D
« Last Edit: June 03, 2005, 08:01:23 PM by Kuemper »
The opinions expressed in the above post are those of Kuemper, unless specifically cited from other sources.

"Aristotle was not Belgian. The central message of Buddhism is not 'every man for himself'. And the London Underground is not a political movement. Those are all mistakes, Otto. I looked them up."

Wanda Gerschwitz

Offline stargazer

• Planewalker
« Reply #121 on: June 09, 2005, 09:46:56 AM »
Well, I've been here a while already, but have no clue why I haven't introduced myself earlier...(Sudden laziness, black hole instead of my brains, shyness...dunno) So let's get to the formalities: I'm Minna, 29 years old and from Finland. You may have seen me in FW as well, where I'll reply to name minnamaarit (very original, isn't it?  ::)). Don't ask why I'm stargazer here, it's just something that reminds me of my e-mail address, which is from a childhood memory (way too long tale to tell here).

BTW, you may notice that I like to use smilies and parenthesis... ;)

It was Kelsey who brought me here in the first place, and since then I've enjoyed UB, Flirt Pack and Banter Pack as well. I'm almost certain a future fan of Cailean mod, too. :)

I've played BG trilogy too long to remember exatly when I started. Apart from BG, my hard drive is filled up with Morrowind, some old, never-let-go games like Monkey Islands and Indiana Joneses and even Sims. If I'm not playing, you'll propably find me writing letters, reading, drawing, spoiling my two gerbils or teasing my fiance. Outside my home I try to be a good writer and a graphic designer. (Sounds cool, huh? Well, it's not. lol)

So, this is the line with information and boreness and I don't want to cross it. Glad to be here, meet other modders and modmakers and enjoy awesome mods! Keep up the good work. :) Minna out.

Offline Xaos_Bob

• Random Encounter
  • Planewalker
  • Pfft.
    • The Bladed Cage
« Reply #122 on: June 14, 2005, 03:53:55 PM »
Well.

I have been a lurker/student/poster/dreamer/dabbler from way back in '99, starting with the old TeamBG boards. Like a lost puppy, I seem to have followed wheree'er pirates and sorcerers and cooler heads have led, to Forgotten Wars and finally here. I have not completed a mod yet (had one half-finished, but a war, a spark and a hard drive changed that), nor is modding/playing mods my only hobby.

My name has been Xaos Bob (or the older and more complaint-inducing Xaositect Bob) for what seems to be ever, all over Cyberspace. My real name's Chris, and even that I spell Xris when I must wear an accursed nametag for this or that occasion.

Contrary to what my school teachers (and more than a few relatives who saw me with power tools) believed, I may indeed see 35, as that birthday is only 5 months away. I am married and have two gorgeous daughters and a gorgeous wife and a pretty damned spiffy '96 Jetta. I am an innkeeper sometimes, and a graphic artist sometimes, and a writer and artist all the time.

I live in South Dakota, USA. That's about in the middle of the North American continent (currently I am 400 miles from the geographic center) and the home of Mts. Rushmore and Crazy Horse, for all you geographically disinclined and/or international members.

My favorite mod...well, Unfinished Business is great, as is Every Mod and Dog (I like quest and encounter content) and I love the depth and completeness of Kelsey--though the Iron Modder packs are great fun, too. Can I not choose a favorite.. ?

It also bears mentioning that my wife is an avid IE fan, and that Kelsey is her favorite mod. Kudos!

I love D&D 3.5 for all the things it is that 2d Edition AD&D tried to be. I love that BG2 is a rules bridge between 2d and 3d Editions, and wish that Planescape: Torment's console hadn't been disabled, because it's my favorite incarnation of the IE.

I also tend to ramble when I'm not focused.

You just never had the right DM. Like me.  ;D
"No sprinkles! For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you." ~Stewie, Family Guy

Offline Borsook

• off topic
  • Planewalker
  • not a badger
« Reply #123 on: June 14, 2005, 06:49:07 PM »
Hi all. I'm 26 and I'm from Poland. I'm mostly strategy gamer, for a long time RPG was for me PnP only (mainly GURPS/VTM never played D&D). I knew BG series before but recently for some reason or other I've really fallen in love with all IE games... Up to now I spend a lot of time at twcenter.net, but the mentioned  IE "mania" pushed me to look for something more IE connected ;) I chose PPG cause... well, after reading few threads here I just felt at home :).
Oh btw I'm one of those who acctually prefer D&D2e over 3e (though I must admit at first I was stunned by 3e, only some time after I came to my senses)
"Borsook seems like a pretty cool guy who offers his insight where appropriate... just very, very frequently." - Imrahil

Borsook's Chambers - Home of Borsook's Mods

Offline melora

• The Quiet Storm
  • Planewalker
  • I don't need your attitude, i have one of my own !
« Reply #124 on: June 14, 2005, 10:25:49 PM »
Your work has a website? Lucky.

Yep. but only because i made it myself !
Somebody had to be me; it might as well be me.<br />-Charles Barkley