Author Topic: Jadarath  (Read 11924 times)

Offline SixOfSpades

• Planewalker
    • Volothamp's Comeuppance
Jadarath
« on: January 09, 2005, 03:18:12 PM »
Why the hell is his Potion list non-removable? I don't want to run through the entire game (or at least as long as it takes me to find all this stuff) with an Inventory slot permanently taken up by a note, especially when I've already got a duplicate list in my Journal. And the Journal is even better, since I can edit it to check off what I've already given him.

On another note, I sure hope all these Potions have actually been added to the game, and don't depend on things like Improved Kangaxx, the Alchemy HLA, and Tutu. I also hope they weren't placed in Gorch's inventory, since I killed him before I even saw Jadarath.

Very interesting quest, and personality, though.

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
Re: Jadarath
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 03:21:58 PM »
Why the hell is his Potion list non-removable? I don't want to run through the entire game (or at least as long as it takes me to find all this stuff) with an Inventory slot permanently taken up by a note, especially when I've already got a duplicate list in my Journal. And the Journal is even better, since I can edit it to check off what I've already given him.
Fixed. And... you can edit the journal entries? That's pretty useful. I didn't think players would be able to tick of what they'd done, so I thought it might be quite annoying.

On another note, I sure hope all these Potions have actually been added to the game, and don't depend on things like Improved Kangaxx, the Alchemy HLA, and Tutu. I also hope they weren't placed in Gorch's inventory, since I killed him before I even saw Jadarath.
Oh... you're not gonna be impressed, heh. I have to say, when converting the original Potion Quest for Quest Pack, I never thought to actually check that it was possible to complete. I just assumed. That'll teach me.
It's fixed, but I can provide CLUA codes for the potions you don't have if you need to continue.

Offline SixOfSpades

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 06:45:24 PM »
Fixed. And... you can edit the journal entries? That's pretty useful. I didn't think players would be able to tick of what they'd done, so I thought it might be quite annoying.
Yeah, fixed locally too. I made it Removable, lowered the weight and "Lore to ID" to 0, made it a Scroll instead of a Book, and turned off the "Parse Text" flags. The fact that the picture still says "Quataris" at the bottom is an acceptable shortcoming. (Quataris wrote a letter to Jadarath some time ago, and J scribbled his Potion List on the back. Yeah, that's it.)

It's fixed, but I can provide CLUA codes for the potions you don't have if you need to continue.
Fixed in what way? Now requires Potions that are known to exist in the unmodded game? You can just tell me if there are any Potions that I'm definitely not going to find, and I'll CLUA from there, thanks.

Offline Murdane

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2005, 07:36:07 PM »
I noticed some of the same things you did, Six.  Sim told me he would put some of the old BG1 potions in Mrs. Cragmoon's inventory. :)

Offline SixOfSpades

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2005, 07:57:41 PM »
Well, I just checked Cragmoon, and found nothing interesting. Except that she carries Cursed Potions of Invulnerability, you'd think a Potion merchant would know better.

Yeah, any Journal entry can be edited or deleted simply by clicking on it. Since this is the best way to keep track of things like the list of Potions, it would be nice if Jaradath mentioned something to that effect--but good luck doing that without breaking the 4th wall.

Offline Murdane

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2005, 08:59:26 PM »
Well, I just checked Cragmoon, and found nothing interesting. Except that she carries Cursed Potions of Invulnerability, you'd think a Potion merchant would know better.

Well, Sim told me he would add in the potions for the *next* Beta version, because it is true that many potions on the list aren't even in BG2.

And on a side note, you're right--why would a self-respecting potion vendor sell cursed potions, anyway?  I think I recall that she even makes the potions herself!  That's just silly.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: