Author Topic: "AmnTrp01" for the Outdoors  (Read 1920 times)

Offline Zyraen

• Planewalker
"AmnTrp01" for the Outdoors
« on: December 27, 2004, 11:28:13 AM »
While experimenting with the use of AmnTrp01.bcs, BodhiTrp.bcs and Vamptrap.bcs, it appears that none of them function while the Party is outside of the city.

Just wondering, is there a .bcs I can use for outside of the City? So that I can say, generate the pursuit of knights etc hunting the party even into the wilderness? Other than using Baldur.bcs to manually set the placement of enemies to a particular orientation away from the party... (AmnTrp01 etc uses a placement oriented around a "Myself", apparently an invisible object or something)Thanks ^^;;
(http://www.geocities.com/arkevaul/btlbn2.gif)
SoA Release - Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, & more

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
Re: "AmnTrp01" for the Outdoors
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2004, 11:32:33 AM »
Every area has an area script that would suit this purpose.

AR1600.are, for instance (Brynnlaw), uses AR1600.bcs.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2004, 12:08:46 PM »
_Most_ areas have area scripts. There are a few exceptions. It's always a good idea to verify that the area script actually exists and is assigned using NI and/or Infinity Explorer.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline Zyraen

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2004, 08:41:54 PM »
No I don't mean an area script. If I wanted to use Area scripts I would have to append my code into every single outdoor area script where I wanted it to happen. Not that it's not undoable, but there should be a more elegant of doing it.

As we know, AR0700.bcs and AR0300.bcs are area scripts in the city. However the occurences, say (for those with bad reputation) "Guards approach. (blah blah)" and about 5 Amnish Legionaries and 2 Cowled Enforcers suddenly reasonably appear near you, are performed using AmnTrp01.bcs. If one were to look over the code one would find that whatever thing uses AmnTrp01.bcs, should be an item or an actor, since it spawns the Guards etc based on the position of the invisible item / actor, where the invisible item (usually as a condition in the trigger) is within range 20 of the PC.

What I'm trying to find out is that, is there a similar .bcs that I can use for areas like Umar Hills, Windspear Hills, etc ? Currently AmnTrp01.bcs, bodhitrp.bcs and Vamptrap.bcs (I think that's how its spelt) all seem to work only for areas within the city.
SoA Release - Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2004, 09:17:30 PM »
AmnTrp01.bcs is a script run by a trigger region in certain city regions, yes.  They're essentially little dots placed at various points around the map in strategic locations, and if the PC gets near, then the appropriate units are spawned.  If you want to use AmnTrp01.bcs in other areas, you'd have to add similar trigger regions to them.

What I am suggesting is having the same reputation/whatever checks that AmnTrp uses in the area script.  Then spawn the brute squad with CreateCreatureObjectOffScreen().  This means the guards/Cowls will be spawned at any place on the map, though.

It's not really a question of finding a similar .bcs to use, but adding either new trigger regions (which is hard, though possible), or simply adding a snippet of code to area scriopts (much easier).
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Zyraen

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2004, 02:13:46 AM »
Thanks, decided to append it to all the non-city Area Scripts that I want to have the encounter, and spawning Offscreen creatures such as Priests, Mages and Archers, while spawing at about range 25-30 (at varying angles from the PC) Melee creatures.

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2004, 07:00:27 AM »
It'd be easy to add new trigger regions if somebody posted up the TP2 templates in my thread. But no... :(

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: