Author Topic: Freezes on the final battle of ascension. (help!...plz?)  (Read 1784 times)

Jan

Freezes on the final battle of ascension. (help!...plz?)
« on: December 24, 2004, 02:52:53 PM »
Alright, I've read the readme file, and I know that the comp. can go through a crash/freeze because of the heavy graphic load at the final battle. Still, I am quite surprised to find my comp. freezing (not crashing, but freezing with that insiduous repetition of one mime of the battle music) in the final battle. I think my comp. has enough requirement match to handle the graphic load at the final battle, and here it is:

AMD Athlon tm(64) Processor 3400+,
793 MHz, 512 MB ram, 80 GB hardisk (7200 RPM).

The thing that really upset me is that the freeze happens (almost) only at the insane mod, and especially more so when it seems that I am winning (sigh...). My only guess is that the crash is mainly caused by the overload of script and graphic when Mel summons a dozen of demons all at once, but that's just my guess.

Oh, and BTW, I put my configuration on highest requirement possible with unlocked resolution (1024 X 768), and I do use 3d accelerator and 3D animations with 32 bit. I once tried to put the configuration on the lowest requirement and turn off 3d mods as well as unlocked resolution, but it didn't make a difference. The battle would still freeze at insane level randomly.

Finally, the list of mods I install is:

1.Ascension (obviously )

2.Longer Road (or Redemption)

3.Ease of Use (I know, I know, I don't install the stronger Yaga, Gromnir, and etc on top of ascension, and I always exclude the unnerfed spell patch because they cause many crashes)

4.Item upgrade

5.Oversight

6.Flirt pack

I rarely install anything else. I know this is a lot to read, and I will wait for some help patiently. I would appreciate any advises. Thx and have a happy Christmas break!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: