Author Topic: The Complete List of BG1 BIFF files, or What A BG1 Full Install Looks Like  (Read 49827 times)

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Copying files from the "backup" folder means it's copying back the old versions of the files, not the ones that are being patched.
<Moongaze> Luckily BWL has a very understanding and friendly admin.

Offline smygul

• Planewalker
yeah, but there was the only place I found the missing items to complete the core bugfixes installation.
I re-installed BG2 and tried it this way, but now my diary doesnt work anymore.
so forget my way of solving this problem.   

the best solution would be, to have TotSC, I think. but it seems that it is too old, because I cant find it in the shops anymore.

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
Tales of the Sword Coast on its own is likely only to be found second-hand, such as at eBay.

Interplay (or whoever) repackaged the original Baldur's Gate game along with TotSC together not long ago and released it as a packaged called "The Original Saga."  You might be able to find that still sold retail at a large computer store or an online store.  Personally, it's what I own, and what I would recommend, as the game was whittled down to 3 CDs (as opposed to 5 or 6), includes the official patch already installed, and comes with a bonus CD of the BG1 soundtrack.  Well worth whatever is paid for it.
<Moongaze> Luckily BWL has a very understanding and friendly admin.

Offline smygul

• Planewalker
hmm, my "journal-problem" ended after the Prologue.   :)

but now I'm in the "weird-monster-spawning-problem"    ;D

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
Both of those are known issues, thanks.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline morthond

• the blackroot
  • Planewalker
Try amazon.co.uk/amazon.com to get baldur's gate games, thats where I got my collec. edition BGII-SOA+ToB

Offline carfesh

• Planewalker
    • Torti's Web
Since that list is really long and I wanted to verify my installation for sure, I created a small .vbs script that verifies the existence of these files. Maybe someone may have a use for it, so I thought I'd share the code. I didn't evaluate which version of vbs is required, you'll just need to try it out.

Copy&paste it into notepad; you will need to change the line where the Baldur's Gate Data dir is defined (conBGDataDir) to the correct value for your system. Furthermore if you don't have Tales of the Sword Coast installed, you'll need to set conHaveTotSC to False in the next line. Now save the file as VerifyBGInstall.vbs and execute it on a commandline by using the call

cscript.exe VerifyBGInstall.vbs

It will give you a result saying either "Your installation appears to be complete." or "One or more files are missing, check your installation!"

Here's the code, have fun..  ;)

Code: [Select]

Option Explicit

Const conBGDataDir = "C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate\Data"
Const conHaveTotSC = True
Const conBIFExtension = ".bif"

Dim arrBGBIFFiles, arrTotSCBIFFiles
Dim strBIFFile, strBIFFileName
Dim blnMissing

Dim objFSO

arrBGBIFFiles = Array( _
"AREA000A", "AREA000B", "AREA000C", "AREA000D", "AREA000E", "AREA000F", "AREA000G", "AREA000H", _
"AREA010A", "AREA010B", "AREA020A", "AREA020B", "AREA030A", "AREA030B", "AREA040X", "AREA050D", _
"AREA060A", "AREA070A", "AREA080A", "AREA080B", "AREA090X", "AREA0100", "AREA110A", _
"AREA110B", "AREA110C", "AREA120A", "AREA120B", "AREA130A", "AREA140A", "AREA140B", "AREA160X", _
"AREA180A", "AREA180B", "AREA180C", "AREA180D", "AREA180E", "AREA190X", "AREA0200", "AREA210X", _
"AREA220X", "AREA230A", "AREA230B", "AREA260A", "AREA260B", "AREA260C", "AREA0300", "AREA320X", _
"AREA330A", "AREA330B", "AREA330C", "AREA330D", "AREA340X", "AREA360X", "AREA380X", "AREA390X", _
"AREA0400", "AREA400X", "AREA410X", "AREA420X", "AREA440X", "AREA450X", "AREA470X", "AREA480X", _
"AREA490X", "AREA500X", "AREA510X", "AREA520X", "AREA540A", "AREA540B", "AREA540C", "AREA540D", _
"AREA550X", "AREA0600", "AREA0700", "AREA0800", "AREA0900", "AREA1100", "AREA1200", "AREA1300", _
"AREA1400", "AREA1600", "AREA1700", "AREA1800", "AREA1900", "AREA2100", "AREA2200", "AREA2300", _
"AREA2400", "AREA2600", "AREA2700", "AREA2800", "AREA2900", "AREA3000", "AREA3100", "AREA3200", _
"AREA3300", "AREA3400", "AREA3500", "AREA3600", "AREA3700", "AREA3800", "AREA3900", "AREA4000", _
"AREA4100", "AREA4200", "AREA4300", "AREA4400", "AREA4500", "AREA4600", "AREA4700", "AREA4800", _
"AREA4900", "AREA5000", "AREA5100", "AREA5200", "AREA5300", "AREA5400", "AREA5500", "Areas", _
"ARMisc", "CHAAnim", "CHASound", "CREAnim", "Creature", "CRESound", "Default", "Dialog", _
"Effects", "Gui", "Items", "MPCREANM", "MPGUI", "MPSounds", "NPCSound", "OBJAnim", "RndEncnt", _
"scripts", "SFXSound", "Spells")

arrTotSCBIFFiles = Array( _
"AREA050A", "AREA050B", "AREA050C", "AREA100A", "AREA150A", "AREA200A", "AREA200B", "AREA0500", _
"AREA1000", "AREA1500", "AREA2000", "ExArMaps", "ExPAreas")

Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

For Each strBIFFile In arrBGBIFFiles
strBIFFileName = objFSO.BuildPath(conBGDataDir, strBIFFile & conBIFExtension)

If Not VerifyFile(strBIFFileName) Then blnMissing = vbTrue
Next

If conHaveTotSC Then
For Each strBIFFile In arrTotSCBIFFiles
strBIFFileName = objFSO.BuildPath(conBGDataDir, strBIFFile & conBIFExtension)

If Not VerifyFile(strBIFFileName) Then blnMissing = vbTrue
Next
End If

If blnMissing Then
WScript.Echo vbCrLf & "One or more files are missing, check your installation!"
Else
WScript.Echo vbCrLf & "Your installation appears to be complete."
End If

Set objFSO = Nothing

WScript.Quit

Private Function VerifyFile(ByVal strBIFFileName)
If Not objFSO.FileExists(strBIFFileName) Then
WScript.Echo "Missing file: " & strBIFFileName
Else
WScript.Echo "Found file: " & strBIFFileName
VerifyFile = vbTrue
End If
End Function

Edit: AREA100A has been moved to the list of TotSC files. (2005/04/17)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2005, 04:33:33 AM by carfesh »

Offline darkmagot

• Planewalker
  • The Burninator
Im missing a bcs file ar0103.bcs

any help
"Put a spear in a peasant's hands, and you have an expendable troop. Put a purpose in his heart, and you win a warrior."<br />--Sensei Golden-Tail

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
Do you have TotSC?
Earn Money Sleeping.

Jez

The vbs scritp says im fine but tutufix says it cant find _Narrat.cre
Could anyone advise

Jez

Oh, No dudly fixes, and all balurdash fixes are installed,
Full BG1+Tales installed
Recomened BG2 install

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
Can you find a file called narrat.cre in your BG1 installation?

Use NearInfinity or Infinity Explorer.
Earn Money Sleeping.

AEI

I assume this is the problem I'm having--or rather, that I'm having a similar one. I have done a custom install and checked everything, and when I try to play Tutu, the game crashes when I enter certain areas (the area just north of Nashkel, for example). My bg1tutu.log file contains some failure notices which look suggestive, although they don't mention .bif files per se:

Failure("resource [ar0400.BCS] not found"): resource not found in source: ar0400
[...]
Failure("resource [ar0401.BCS] not found"): resource not found in source: ar0401
[...]
Failure("resource [SW1HO4.ITM] not found"): resource not found in source: SW1HO4
  SW1HO4.ITM : Failure("resource [SW1HO4.ITM] not found")
[...]
Failure("resource [SW1HO4.ITM] not found"): resource not found in source: SW1HO4
  SW1HO4.ITM : Failure("resource [SW1HO4.ITM] not found")

...and so on.

THoughts on what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks much.

I've missing the same files that you are. We seem to have exactly the same problem. These files are not part of the BG1 installation as far as I can tell. Something else is going on here, and it seems to involve BGII-SOA. 

AEI

Carfesh, it would be extremely useful it your program would tell you what files are missing.

Offline carfesh

• Planewalker
    • Torti's Web
The script does tell you which files are missing; it may be that you need to scroll up a little, the missing files are prefixed with a - surprise  :) - "Missing file:" tag.

If you comment out/delete the line near the end reading
WScript.Echo "Found file: " & strBIFFileName
it will be easier to see the files that are missing.

AEI

;D

Here's what I get:

Missing file: G:\Games\Black Isle\Baldur's Gate\data\AREA1000.bif

Odd, I'm just missing that one file apparently.  What CD is it suppose to be on? We need an index for this. 

Thanks for the program carfesh! 

Offline carfesh

• Planewalker
    • Torti's Web
I don't have one available right now to check it, but since the file is listed unter the Tales of the Sword Coast files, I suppose you'll find it on that CD?

Salk

One small thing: wouldn't it be smart to directly implement such a script (perhaps with small modifications if needed) *directly* into the TuTu Fixpacks from now on ? It would make everything simpler and people wouldn't need to copy paste anything... ;D After all this is what I suggested with my first post in here!   :D

AEI

AREA100A.bif is on the Tostc CD, so you might want to update your list.

I agree with Salk, this should really be part of the Tutufix update ...or better yet... something that runs before you install BG1Tutu. 

If I keep coming back here like this, I might have to register.  :P

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
Do you have TotSC installed, or no?

If not, that would explain things for us, and a temporary solution you can do is open up setup-tutufix.tp2 in a text editor, such as wordpad, and find the line that deals with _ar0130.bcs and comment it out by using /* at the start and */ at the end.  Here's an example of how it should look:

/*
// Alora crash
COPY_EXISTING ~_ar0130.bcs~ ~override~
DECOMPILE_BCS_TO_BAF
 REPLACE_TEXTUALLY ~IF
   TimeGT(20)
   Exists("Alora")
THEN
   RESPONSE #100
      Activate("Alora")
END

IF
   TimeLT(4)
   Exists("Alora")
THEN
   RESPONSE #100
      Activate("Alora")
END

IF
   TimeGT(4)
   TimeLT(20)
   Exists("Alora")
THEN
   RESPONSE #100
      Deactivate("Alora")
END~ ~IF
   OR(2)
      TimeGT(20)
      TimeLT(4)
   Exists("Alora")
   Global("J#AloraInactive","GLOBAL",1)
THEN
   RESPONSE #100
      SetGlobal("J#AloraInactive","GLOBAL",0)
      Activate("Alora")
END

IF
   TimeGT(4)
   TimeLT(20)
   Exists("Alora")
   Global("J#AloraInactive","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
   RESPONSE #100
      SetGlobal("J#AloraInactive","GLOBAL",1)
      Deactivate("Alora")
END~
COMPILE_BAF_TO_BCS
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES
*/
Earn Money Sleeping.

AEI

If the above message was directed at me, yes I do have TotSC installed... all the way.   :-\

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
In that case, I wonder why _ar0130.bcs doesn't exist for you.  Hmm....
Earn Money Sleeping.

AEI

I don't understand, what does my problem have to do with _ar0130.bcs?  _ar0130.bcs isn't part of the list on the first page of this thread. No one ever mentioned _ar0130.bcs before.
Where's _ar0130.bcs suppose to go?  There's no _ar0130.bcs on my Totsc CD either.

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
Whoa, hmm, I think I may've been looking at another thread when I wrote that.  Not sure what the hell I meant.

Anyways, let me read this and think about things.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Syklonic

I have BG1 installed fully, and am only missing the stared bif files, which is OK because I dont have ToSC installed.  When I try to install BGTUTU I recieve the following errors among others:

Failure("resource [ar0400.BCS] not found"): resource not found in source: ar0400
[...]
Failure("resource [ar0401.BCS] not found"): resource not found in source: ar0401
[...]

Both BG1 and BG2:ToB are up to date.
Does anyone know what could be the problem?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: