Author Topic: Sarevok's "Epilogue MOD" after TOB  (Read 2768 times)

Jan

Sarevok's "Epilogue MOD" after TOB
« on: December 14, 2004, 12:37:02 AM »
Ever since I played BG series, I always remember Sarevok as the symbol of Bhaal in the game.  Funny enough, I love him more than any characters, bosses, and NPCs, including romanceable ones (yes, yes, I have tested my testostrone level, and it is normal  ;D)! 

Whenever I finish my game in TOB after all the insanity of ascension, I always felt that something is quite...not completely fulfilled.  And as you could guess from the title and intro, it is the epilogue of Sarevok.  If anyone thinks about it, he is after all, a most distinctive Bhaalspawn of all.  So why just leave him cold with two optional epilogues??

You see, when a mortal character, yes, a mortal fighter with 8 million XP and Ravager +6 and all other "godly" equipments is left alone, there can be a long story that can revolve around him.  If you think about it, it is pretty interesting: in the game stats, he will either have something like 21 GWW and 1 WW or 10 GWW, 10 hardiness, and 1 WW.....THE POINT BEING, in the real life, this character is a god-like a bombshell that will slash about 50 to 100 level 10-15 fighters (which would be equivalent to someone like the main character of the movie Scorpion King ::))  in less than a half day ALL ALONE.  So, after all the Bhaal spawn and the rest of the bad-ass monsters perish by the hand of the main character's party, I would say Sarevok will literally be the the left-out King-of-the-World.  You get my drift?

Hence, I thought a MOD could be made to draw this life of Sarevok starting from the end of TOB .  Of course, there will be two paths selectable for the gamers: the good Sarevok who saves the city, and the evil Sarevok who becomes a tyrant of a city.  Instead of going crazy on the MOD difficulty like Oversight (Kish, you have my SPECIAL THANK for that), Ascension, and Tactics, I think just focusing on the scenerio will be key of this issue; since the drama of his life, I think, will be the really interesting part.

Of course, someone would ask, all other NPCs leave with 8 million XP, staff of Magi, and etc are also there.  So why Sarevok?  Using the quotation of Sarevok in the game, "BAH!"   ;D  I think some sort of philosophical, dramatic, and touching scence can be made especially from tihs character.  A man who once sought to become the ultimate incarnation of evil and murder....when his life has turned around, what would he want?  What would he choose?  Where will be his freedom, and peace, and etc??? 

So here is my proposal.  Of course, to NOT to add any support on my argument here, I have no skill in infinite engine and scripting what-so-ever (with emphasis!).  But I do have a story in my head (which will specifically follow the pattern of the epilogue in the game), and I thought it would be cool!  As you can see from my long writing, school is over (YEAAAAHHH!!) and I have some free time.  Anyways, those alphaes and betaes of the game engine, if you are interested, just shoot some replies here.  Until then, CHILL~~~       

Offline Kish

• HEROISM OK
  • Planewalker
    • Oversight mod.
Re: Sarevok's "Epilogue MOD" after TOB
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004, 12:55:43 AM »
(Kish, you have my SPECIAL THANK for that)
You're welcome.
Beauty standing amidst fiery destruction.

Offline Zyraen

• Planewalker
Re: Sarevok's "Epilogue MOD" after TOB
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004, 01:04:23 AM »
I might be interested in helping out on some scripting stuff, but the main thing that really gets me is how does one create an extension to ToB after the player finishes off Melissan and sees the movie and all? :)

Quite apart from Sarevok, I think it might be nice to make some beyond ToB stuff, and also to have that 8 milln XP cap removed :( gawds I hate that cap... but maybe due to some field limitations for the size of the variable storing XP ?
(http://www.geocities.com/arkevaul/btlbn2.gif)
SoA Release - Love between a Law Enforcer and a Fugitive - can such a thing even happen?

Zyraen's Miscellaneous Mods - Ust Natha Accelerator, item tweaks, & more

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: