Author Topic: Installation Orders  (Read 150700 times)

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • The perfect moment is now.
Re: Installation Orders
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2005, 02:19:43 PM »
What would you advise for Baldurdash-Weidu? Should I install it first, or as close to the end as possible?

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2005, 02:21:08 PM »
Right after the official patches sounds about right.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2005, 02:28:22 PM »
What would you advise for Baldurdash-Weidu? Should I install it first, or as close to the end as possible?

Actually, if you're willing, you might contact CamDawg and see about helping test the BG2 Fixpack which has been worked on by many modders.  It includes not only a WeiDU'd Baldurdash, but fixes many, many other bugs, as well.  It just hasn't had an "official" release yet.
<Moongaze> Luckily BWL has a very understanding and friendly admin.

Offline Salk

• Planewalker
« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2005, 11:21:54 PM »
I am also using WeiDuzed BD's by King Diamond and it's funny because in the SPs Forum King Diamond himself advises to install it at the very end while others just after the official patches. I went against the same author's opinion and I installed it right after the official patch!  ;)

Offline Sir AlbaRas

• Planewalker
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2005, 09:10:32 PM »
Thank's for the info

Offline jakgrant

• Planewalker
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2006, 11:46:37 PM »
I know you guys are going to yell at me for my question about installation orders and all, but.....

Firstly, I'm not new to BG series, or using mods. But what I have always been confused with is, exactly what order you are meant to install things. I was looking my last night, and went through about 3 or 4 different forums, and they all had different mod install orders, which just made me more and more confused, and the mods I want to really install, either no one likes them or no one combines them with anything else *sigh*

I've looked at the BG2 install order post in here, and also looked at within that post where it points to another forum site I believe, if you install the Big Picture, but this is where I get confused the most, cos neither one covers a huge amount of mods on here, or off site. I guess possibly part of what confuses me, is in reply number 6, by Icelus in this thread, I can follow up to the end of step 5, and then if I applied the mod application of the Big Picture Install Guide, then again I get stuck, because if I want to install any npc's, kits or anything else, I have no idea whether they should be before, or after or what not. I suppose I don't know what IAP/SFX mods actually cover, and that probably sounds really bad :(

Anyway, I'm digressing like I always seem to do in a forum post, sorry guys. But like I said each forum seems to have a different idea of what order to install mods in, and the only reason I've never learnt, is until recently, I've never had the hdd space to be able to download, save, then burn all the mod packs, that I've wanted.

Anyway, what I would really like to install, because I do get tired of seeming to do certain pc classes over and over, cos I tend not to change my party formation much, and can never play an evil party.

I'd basically like to have the following mods, mostly listed on the pocket plane list, whether they be off site or not:
- The majority of all the npc's for some new variation;
- The majority of kits, that are compatible with each other, some I wouldn't bother with because I do think some are still very broken;
- A lot more new quests, and the like, so I'm guessing putting a whole host of Big Picture mods in but also Weidu mods.

I don't want any total or partial conversion mods though or obviously non-english mods or macintosh mods.

I'd like a challenge, but I don't want it to become insanely tough. But I do seem to get through BG2 and ToB too easily last time, with varying tactics depending on my kit, because I know all the quests so well.

So any thoughts or advice on how much I can install from http://www.pocketplane.net/modlist/index.php?ax=list&cat_id=12 here and that it won't crash and be all compatible, I don't know.

I'm sorry if I'm not too clear on what I want or what my question is :( I just want I guess a ton more content, but I don't want a suggestion for a newbie mod user either though of what to install, if that makes sense. I'd rather know what to install for an expert/veteran player, cos I know there is no way I'd get confused with I dunno 30-40 mods installed, or something like that. I dunno if I'd instal that many, but obviously there is that many at least.

I read somewhere there is a limit on npc kits, and that TDD ends up filling them all up, bu there is a removal kit mod, but where does that take you back to ? So I'm guessing I'm also asking from the BG2 Kit Mods list on this site, how many of them for a start could I install at the same time, along with any kits that would be in Weidu mods, as well as possibly any kits that are in BP series ?

Okay, I think that's it. I've probably made no sense and not been clear on anything I asked. I'm just extremely frustrated and confused by all the mods, and like I said every forum seems to have a different thought on what to install, especially the order to install weidu mods, but not many people seem to install BP or any dialog.tlk changing mods and Weidu at the same time.

Anyway, thanks for any thoughts, or suggestions, suggesting to install:
BG2 -> Patches ->Kits -> NPCs -> etc, something like that in that order is probably what I really need, which I guess I need some of it spelled out. But I dunno.

Sorry guys  ???

Offline slayer

• Planewalker
Re:
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2007, 10:48:05 AM »
Sorry
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 10:53:03 AM by slayer »

Offline bigfatmutant1

• Planewalker
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2007, 09:13:37 PM »
I've tried doing something close to this install, but when i try to head to certain city areas in SOA after getting out of irenicus' dungeon, BG2 either freezes up before the area loads (temple), or slows down a few seconds after getting there (docks), then freezes up. (by freeze, i mean the game window closes and i get a black rectangle on about half 2/3 of my desktop - bg2 is still in my taskbar, but it it won't re-open.  interestingly, task manager doesn't show any huge resource allocation for bg2 when this happens.)  in any case, maybe i have a mod order problem, so here's what i want to install and the install order i've come up with from reading the boards:

soa (full install)
tob
official tob patch
bg2 fixpack
1pp
improved horns of valhalla
nalia mod (makes her a thief)
a mod for the orderly
domains of dread
item upgrade
pnp celestials
ascension
turnabout
NPC mods (soulafein, valen, kelsey, in that order so far)
beyond the law
D0 quest pack
banter packs
tactics
deeper shadows of amn (the components not included in tactics)
improved battles
unfinished business
g3 anniversary
improved asylum
oversight
improved thief stronghold
planar sphere mod
bg2 tweak pack
D0 tweak pack
divine remix
super firkraag
rogue rebalancing

i had some warnings with tactics (city and wilderness encounters, i think), some warnings with the deeper soa components i installed, some errors with wizard spell immunities or something in the improved sendai portion of oversight, a bunch of errors with the thief stronghold, and some warnings with the thief stronghold.

in cases where the readme's or the mod boards reported conflicts, i made sure to avoid those cross-mod components or use the work-arounds provided.  this computer ran bg2 fine last year, though it only had about half the mods that i'm trying here. 

does my mod order look right?  are those warnings or errors deal killers?  i can reinstall the problem mods to get specific error or warning text if that will help.

thanks in advance.

Liriodendron

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2007, 09:56:39 AM »
Well in the absence of the experienced modder posters...looks like a couple of years since they have visited this forum...just uninstall them all and re-install one by one until you find which one is killing the game.  It's a pain in the ass, but that's what I'm having to do right now with my 39 mods installed.  Good luck, and wish me the same...and patience.

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2007, 10:22:24 AM »
Well in the absence of the experienced modder posters...looks like a couple of years since they have visited this forum...

Rather, the general advice is: recommended mods are here, modlist is here. If you have a problem, you are welcome to post it in a separate thread, but it is very likely that if you install horrible stuff, or lots of horrible stuff, or just lots and lots of stuff that is neither available at PPG nor at G3, no one help you.

Having a clean backup at hand and asking around _before_ installing mods also helps.

Offline Schadenfroh

• Planewalker
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2007, 03:47:33 PM »
Hello,

Here is the order that I am planning, any idea if it will have any conflicts or loss of content / issues?

1.  BG2:  SOA
2.  BG2:  TOB
3.  BG2:  TOB Last (nonbeta) official patch
4.  BG2 FixPack v4 (no beta packs):
http://www.gibberlings3.net/readmes/readme-bg2fixpack.html
5.  BG2:  Ascension (Weidu):
http://weidu.org/ascension/Ascension-WeiDU.txt
6.  Banter Pack v6 (Wiedu):
http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,15847.0.html
7.  Flirt Pack (Weidu):
http://www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php?option=content&task=blogcategory&id=104&Itemid=81

This look good?  Also, if I were to install the valen NPC mod or unfinished business, where would it fall in?

Thanks!

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2007, 01:31:10 AM »
It looks good. If you would like to install other mods, I advise you to do it after number 6, because for safety's sake, it is best to install Flirt Packs after as many mods as possible.

Eric P.

« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2007, 03:21:39 PM »
Hello,

It may be worth noting that the BG2 FixPack beta items work just fine under Mac OS X 10.4.10 on a PPC G4 Mac. That's my experience so far, at least :)

Happy gaming,
Eric

Kalle

« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2007, 02:03:03 PM »
Hi, I installed True Grandmastery (ease of use mod) by mistake. Now if I unistall it will it effect my allready started games? Thank you in advance.

Offline PrincessSuzie

• Planewalker
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2008, 08:13:00 PM »
I just want to ask if this installation order seems to be ok:

1. Kelsey
2. Tsujatha
3. Yasraena
4. Kivan
5. Xan
6. Beyond the law
7. Quest Pack
8. Cross Mod Banter Pack
9. UB
10. Longer Road
11. NPC flirt pack
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 09:08:00 PM by PrincessSuzie »

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2008, 01:14:09 AM »
Likely, yes, but since Edwin Romance overwrites things seriously with no regard for compatibility, I wouldn't put it past the Longer Road, coded by the same team, to do the same. So, I'd put the Longer Road in the beginning.

Also, from my experience, I would heavily recommend you against installing more NPC mods than you're planning to use in the next game: too many audio files and long scripts will decrease the performance. (I wouldn't comment if you were installing just five - Irenicus doesn't count, since Kivan may leave/Xan may die in SoA - but seven full SoA NPCs is obviously more than is required for the party).

But since each specific installation order is, well, specific, it's probably best discussed in a separate topic.

Offline prowler

• Planewalker
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2008, 12:58:28 PM »
Hello BG fans and adventures))
I'm just trying to understand, what order..
I have some mods and want to install them. Check my order please:

BG TOB 26498
01. Baldurdash 164 weidu
02. Ascension-WeiDU-v1.4.23
03. Redemption-v1.2
04. BanterPacksV6
05. Desecration of Souls 2.60
06. ThOghma-v1 mini quest(rus)full (Au service d'Oghma)
06. ShardsOfIce-v2
07. Nalia de'Arnise Romance
08. Weimer-ItemUpgrade-v35
09. Weimer-Spell50-v6
10. Weimer-Underrep-v5
11. Weimer-Valen-v45
12. Weimer-SolaufeinMod-v103
13. KelseyTOBV22
14. Weimer-TacticsMod-v23
15. UnfinishedBusiness-v16

Am I right?

P.s. I have a PLANAR Sphere Mode. But I'm affraid that this mod would be imcompatible with Weimer-Spell50-v6, 'cause of many spells..
Am I right?

Thnak u))
Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon, Arcanecoast.ru, Aerie.ru

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2008, 01:12:29 PM »
Hey, welcome to PPG.

If you are going to play Kelsey throughout the entire game, SoA+ToB, you have to download Kelsey-SoA, as well as Kelsey-ToB. Also, if you are going to have Kelsey, Solaufein and Valen in the group at the same time, your party is going to be pretty silent, since these three aren't bantering with each other.

(And, yes, Xan is cool, has four additional quests, a flaming sword, an alternative fighter/mage, mage, wild mage or sorcerer class, and so on... :) )

I think it's going to work, but

I have a PLANAR Sphere Mode

Oh, the one where you kill Ao? :) You're aware it's one of the buggiest mods in existence, right? I'm not sure about Desecration of Souls 2.60 and ThOghma-v1 mini quest(rus)full (Au service d'Oghma), either, mind - I'd recommend Quest Pack instead.

But it's your call - in any case, have fun playing.

Offline prowler

• Planewalker
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2008, 01:58:58 PM »
Hey, welcome to PPG.

(And, yes, Xan is cool, has four additional quests, a flaming sword, an alternative fighter/mage, mage, wild mage or sorcerer class, and so on... :) )

I think it's going to work, but

I have a PLANAR Sphere Mode

Oh, the one where you kill Ao? :) You're aware it's one of the buggiest mods in existence, right? I'm not sure about Desecration of Souls 2.60 and ThOghma-v1 mini quest(rus)full (Au service d'Oghma), either, mind - I'd recommend Quest Pack instead.

O..Planar Spere is still has a lot of bugs...hm...
Xan - it's your mod, yes? Of course, download. I like mini-mods that brings maximum fun and no bugs))
I hope that DoS 2.60 and Oghma are ok.
But ...Quest Pack add improvment...Is this compatible with tactics?

p.s. After Unfinished Business I want to install Rogue Rebalancing
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 02:25:32 PM by prowler »
Murloc-translator
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon, Arcanecoast.ru, Aerie.ru

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2008, 02:50:04 PM »
You should head to Rogue Rebalancing forum and read the compatibility thread.

Quest Pack should work with Tactics, yes.

Offline prowler

• Planewalker
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2008, 11:54:05 AM »
Kulyok I can't send you a personal messadge on this forum :-[
Please, check your "PM" on "Aerie". Need your help
Murloc-translator

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2008, 12:03:47 PM »
You shall be able to send private messages on Pocket Plane Forums, when your post count will go above 5.

Sure, I'll read your PM, but in the meantime, please, read on why asking for modding support via PM is bad.

Offline PrincessSuzie

• Planewalker
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2008, 05:23:41 AM »
Just checking again... can you guys tell me if this installation order sounds ok?

1. BG2: SoA & ToB
2. ToB latest patch
3. Kelsey
4. Tsujatha
5. Yasraena
6. Xan
7. Quest Pack
8. Cross Mod Banter Pack
9. Unfinished Business
10. NPC Flirt Pack

Offline Kulyok

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2008, 06:09:50 AM »
Yes, it looks correct.

However: Tsujatha(especially) and Yasraena don't unpack their audio correctly, so you got to install them first, just after the patch.

Offline PrincessSuzie

• Planewalker
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2008, 08:15:37 PM »
Oh, didn't know that... thanx for that! I will install Tsujatha and Yas first then :)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: