Author Topic: assaulting the keep of the Roenalls  (Read 11094 times)

Offline Murdane

• Planewalker
Re: assaulting the keep of the Roenalls
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2005, 11:59:35 PM »
Well, you can always drop the part of killing the servant, though it would be in classical greek form to kill those who helped you, because they betrayed someone else to help you, and as such cannot be trusted to not betray others. 

*smiles*  True enough, but by more modern sensibilities (and D&D does uphold many modern sensibilities), it's not all that palatable.  I've had my characters (even good aligned ones) do some pretty dodgy things, but killing off someone who betrayed a miscreant out of fear that they will betray you is way too much, and would justify killing a lot of other people in the game, such as the cook and courtesans in Galvana's festhall.

In modern stories, people who kill off innocents just to cover their tracks are usually bad guys, or at the very least, anti-heroes. :)

Offline Reverendratbastard

• Perfunctory Psychopomp
  • Planewalker
  • "to keep my metaphysics warm" -T.S.Eliot
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2005, 01:47:43 AM »
  Lots of ways you can deal with the cook without killing them off. 
  and very few ways of covering tracks.  merely 'killing' them is not even enough for that.
Nope.  Disappearing inconvenient corpses is of the major functions of the 'disintegrate' spell.  Lots safer than feeding time at the mold/slime/pudding pit in the sewers.
plus those ubiquitous pesky necromancer-detectives with their ghost-interrogation techniques.  this is where material spell components start to really add up.  :D

Not to mention that at the Keep, there is no sewer.
  good point, on multiple levels.  who's the scenic design guru?  someone needs to add a sump.  :)
the lord of murder shall perish, yadda yadda yadda.

Offline Veloxyll

• Seeker of Shiny Things
  • Planewalker
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2005, 03:48:49 PM »
Imprisonment spells and anti-magic fields are your friends :)
Shiny things, shiny things, shiny shiny shiny things!

Offline Elfen Lied

• Der Engel Des Todes
  • Planewalker
    • Diablo3.com
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2006, 03:23:04 AM »
hmm didnt see this thread earlier.

anyway attacking the roenalls is something i could really go for, Death to the Roenalls
Gods in His Heaven, Alls right with the World.
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
Vi Veri Venivursum Vivus Vici - By the power of truth, i while living have conquered the Universe

Lorgath

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2006, 01:07:09 PM »
An all out attack on the Roenall's keep isn't something a noble or otherwise goodly alligned character isn't likely to do, not only due to the general cost of life, but the fact that you'd be killing a whole family over what boils down to a blood feud. However, that kind of thing would be pretty fun do to. To get good aligned characters to the Roenall's keep, why not have the Roenalls invite you to their keep to go to a feast or some such as a peace offering? While they're there, it could be an ambush, or conversation might turn nasty or you might even decide to go there and attack anyway.

Looking back at it, it's the kind of thing that anyone should be able to smell a mile off, but it's just a thought.

Offline Elfen Lied

• Der Engel Des Todes
  • Planewalker
    • Diablo3.com
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2006, 01:16:23 AM »
blood feuds in fantasy games/novels/movies qutie often end in complete bloodshed.

still it doesnt have to be an all out war, you are after all 6 people, and maybe a few guards, but yeh i like the idea of bring brought to the roenalls keep for a peace offering then stab the guy.
Gods in His Heaven, Alls right with the World.
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
Vi Veri Venivursum Vivus Vici - By the power of truth, i while living have conquered the Universe

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: