Author Topic: Creating tp2 files  (Read 1478 times)

Offline 5th_horseman

• Planewalker
Creating tp2 files
« on: November 30, 2004, 03:49:56 PM »
Over time I've created items and/or spells for the use of specfic charactor's  (eg customized Staff of Magi. for wild mage)  I have quite a number of these items, normally I just edit them straight into the game using Delcpt. In the past I have tried to use different mods that some that use WeiDU,and  other's that didn't  , unfortunatily they have caused problems, overwriting  things I have created. From reading posts at this forum, this is not supposed happen. I'm assumeing  the mods I have tried were not correctily formated or files I have created use the same names.  I would like to complile all the items I created into a single mod to ease reinstallling and distrubion.

So what I am looking for is a tp2 file showing the correct format for the more common uses for WeiDU, and possibily genric examples of item/spells and whatever. I am probleably asking a lot, but I feel that genric example mod, showing the correct formatting and parseing  would solve many of the newbie problems if posted as a sticky.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Re: Creating tp2 files
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2004, 04:54:50 PM »
There's a sample mymod.tp2 in the WeiDU distribution.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline neriana

• Planewalker
    • Darien NPC for BG2
Re: Creating tp2 files
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2004, 06:06:28 PM »
The .tp2 file distributed with WeiDU is good, but a bit confusing to people who don't already know what they're doing to some extent. It uses .bcs's instead of .bafs, for instance. It's a good reference document, but not great for figuring out how to do something very simple in the first place.
The color of infinity inside an empty glass.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: