Author Topic: v21 bugs...  (Read 3514 times)

Offline Grim Squeaker

• Fallen
  • Planewalker
v21 bugs...
« on: November 26, 2004, 10:10:29 AM »
Sorry Ghrey but I've got a couple of bugs to report:

As it stands you can't install Anomen/Viccy/Keldorn's SoA weapon prof changes as the SoA placeholder file 'j#swsoa.txt' isn't being copied as it is size 0 bytes. On a side note even if you manually copy the file, then the REQUIRE_FILE still doesn't pass as the file is 0 bytes.

A tiny bug is that the printed messages for if a component is skipped due to REQUIRE_FILE failing still refer to 'Universal Weapons' as opposed to 'Sensible Weapons'.

Another small problem is that the readme is horribly out of date when it comes to the component list.  It still refers to Universal Weapons and doesn't include anything about Keldorn's prof changes.
"You alone can make my song take flight..."

Offline Ghreyfain

• Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
Re: v21 bugs...
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2004, 02:56:19 PM »
Le sigh.

Thanks.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Guesteriffic

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2004, 04:24:34 PM »
also, a note.. i just installed V 21 last night, and i went to start a new TOB game... something's off about the requirements for shortbows, at least the magical ones some of the characters start with in TOB. it lists the strength requirement as 9, but neither imoen, aerie, or viconia can use them. when i attempt to equip, it says inadequate strength.

Nim

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2004, 02:05:39 PM »
Most Shortbows need 14 Strength, though there is at least one that has a Req of 12 ( according to NI ). Is that whole Issue a bug or intended ?

Nim

Offline Ghreyfain

• Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2004, 05:28:54 PM »
Huh.  I think this may have something to do with the mod-item-patching component.  It must be mistaking short bows for long bows.  I'll get back to you on this as soon as I can.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Nim

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2004, 08:06:43 PM »
Another Bug / Issue is that Thieves can now Backstab with Two-Handed Weapons. Seems a little bit "unrealistic" to backstab someone with a spear. Can Thieves do that with Weapons they get Access to through UAI in the unmodded Game ?

Nim

Offline Ghreyfain

• Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2004, 09:42:09 PM »
The way backstabability works in the game is that if a single-class thief can use it, it can do a backstab.  There's a notorious bug with Valygar's katana being unable to backstab because single-class thieves couldn't use it.

But anyways, as for thieves and two-handed weapons, it seems okay to me.  I think of a backstab as just knowing where and when to hit a person to inflict maximum damage.  How can someone backstab with a club, after all?  You could go into how a two-handed weapon is too clumsy for a backstab, or something, but that's what proficiency points and thac0 are for: determining how skilled a thief is at using a weapon.
Earn Money Sleeping.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: