Author Topic: Making Kit Specific Weapons?  (Read 1545 times)

Offline Wounded_Lion

• Planewalker
  • Dungeon Dweller
Making Kit Specific Weapons?
« on: November 22, 2004, 07:25:07 PM »
Is it possible to make kit specific weapons for mod-added kits?  All of the item editors that I am familiar with have check boxes for marking the kits included in the official release unusable, but no options relating to added (player made) kits.  Say, for example, that I had a made a new paladin kit and wanted a particular sword to be usable only by that new kit...  How would I do something like this?

a Wounded Lion

Offline Rabain

• Planewalker
  • Luck o' the Irish!
Re: Making Kit Specific Weapons?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2004, 05:05:15 AM »
When creating your modded kit you would have chosen a Usability Flag similar or identical to one from kit.ids (something like 0x0020000).  This sets the restrictions for your kit. Restriciting an item to the same kit as the flag you copied should restrict the weapon to your kit (plus the original).  If you want the weapon to be very restrictive you can try also using some of the other restrictions like alignment and ability scores to restrict it even further.

Other than this i don't think its possible to restrict to your modded kit without perhaps writing a script to be added to the game to remove the item from a character if they are not your specific kit.  That might be possible but complicated!
Touchstone: Wild Elf Fighter
BG2CPM: Dialog Portraits for Everyone!
WTPFamiliars: A new version of the Find Familiar Spell
All at: Border Kingdoms

Offline Wounded_Lion

• Planewalker
  • Dungeon Dweller
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2004, 11:26:52 AM »
Thank you for your reply.  I was hoping there was a way to restrict the weapon to my class exclusively (disallowing use to the "parent" class I borrowed usuability flags from), but I suppose I can make due anyway.  The class in question can summon a moderately powerful sword to hand; the concept behind this spell is that this is sword given to members of a particular order of knights.  I was hoping I could restrict the item to prevent players from summoning a new one each day and equipping other characters with it...  but, anyway, thank you.  I appreciate your reply.

a Wounded Lion

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2004, 11:37:36 AM »
In that case, perhaps you could make something similar to the Flame Blade spell which is undroppable while the spell's duration has not expired?
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline Wounded_Lion

• Planewalker
  • Dungeon Dweller
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2004, 11:45:07 AM »
That is an excellent idea but one that I have already attempted.  When I summon an undroppable weapon directly to hand, the game does not the register the weapon as "equipped".  Because the weapon is undroppable, the player cannot de-equip and then re-equip to register the weapon, either.  So...  any thoughts on this?

a Wounded Lion

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2004, 12:09:46 PM »
It should work - I've done it a few times. There's a couple of effects that look similar. The one you want to be using is number 111.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline Wounded_Lion

• Planewalker
  • Dungeon Dweller
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2004, 10:03:41 PM »
Hmm...  I'll try using 111, then.  I used "equip item in slot x" before.  I'll try "create magical item in slot x" and see if that works.  Thanks.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: