Author Topic: Soloufen not joining  (Read 2375 times)

Offline Gothic Rose

• Planewalker
Soloufen not joining
« on: November 19, 2004, 03:23:02 AM »
Having just completed the deception at the Ritual in Ust Natha (I spared Sola, switched eggs with both Phaere and Ardulace, and escaped the city without fighting), I walked out of the city to have Solaufein dimension door in. I assume that's supposed to happen. Then the following occurs:

Solaufein - has gained 500000 quest experience points.

Solaufein - Gained Special Ability: Dimension Door.

I go up to talk to him, and the following dialogue comes up:

I have nothing more to say right now, my friend.

1. Very well, let's go.

Now, this looks to me like some sort of messed up script. I could be wrong, this is the first time I've ever played with the Solaufein Romance Mod on. I have the following Mods installed:

Imoen Romance
Edwin Romance/Edwin TOB
Valen
Banterpacks
G3 Tweaks
Underrepresented Items
Shield Cloak Fix
NPC Flirt
Sorcerer's Palace Item Pack
Sorcerer's Palace Stuff
Unfinished Business

I'm attempting to Unin/Reinstall right now, but I have the sinking suspicion that it won't actually work properly.  I tried a straight Reinstall and he didnt even teleport in. 
(http://www.freewebs.com/stephenhost/GothicRoseSig.JPG)

Offline seanas

• Planewalker
Re: Soloufen not joining
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2004, 05:42:06 AM »
Sola's gaining of XP is normal: he's designed to be of an appropriate level when you find him, so i'm guessing that yr PC had over 1.75 million XP, as that triggers four XP gains on Sola's part.

the meeting dialogue on the other hand is wrong. that's the dialogue he gives if he is already in the party and you go up to speak with him. when he teleports in, do you wait to let him speak to you? he should initiate a conversation with you, at the end of which either he will join the party or teleport away (either gone for good, or to the surface, depending upon yr responses).

so: does he teleport away after you click on "Very well. Let's go"? if yes, then there is probably an install problem, and i'm not sure what to suggest other than re-installing... if he doesn't teleport away, try doing this scene again (ie leaving Ust Natha after the Matron and Phaere have been killed by the demon) and when Sola teleports in, letting him talk to you, rather than the other way around. it might simply be that yr being a bit too enthusiastic for Sola's company, and speaking to him before he gets a chance to speak to you. actually, i'd try this even if he *does* teleport away at the end - almost all Sola's conversations are started by him (like the Bioware NPCs); the only reply he has to you speaking with him starts "I have nothing more to say right now, my friend."

so yeah, solution: do the scene again, let Sola talk to you first. everything should work properly.
"those who like TDD are already busy giving install advice to newbies" - the bigg

Offline Gothic Rose

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2004, 02:55:12 AM »
Should work properly.  Doesn't. 

From the beginning, he ports in, talks, then stays there.  I can go up and talk to him, and thats all he says. 

I've tried it over 20 times.

I've reinstalled.  (Reinstalling made him not appear at all.)

I have uninstalled then installed.  That made him appear, but say the same

Offline seanas

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2004, 04:58:36 AM »
From the beginning, he ports in, talks, then stays there.  I can go up and talk to him, and thats all he says

what does he actually say? if i know the line he says to you, i can probably figure out what is going wrong.

I've tried it over 20 times.

I've reinstalled.  (Reinstalling made him not appear at all.)

I have uninstalled then installed.  That made him appear, but say the same

in which case, it isn't a mod issue, it is a game issue. let's see if we can work out what is going wrong.

firs things first: you've got the most recent version of sola, from www.weidu.org?

then: his first line (outside of ust natha, when he teleports in) should be:

'Veldrin', I'm glad that I found you. I had planned to remain in Ust Natha and search for like-minded Drow. With the death of Matron Ardulace and Phaere, however, I no longer feel comfortable here.

does he say this to you, or something else?

this is a bit of a longshot, but his appearance requires the following globals (which you can check with the CLUAConsole, by doing a

GetGlobal("variable","GLOBAL")

where variable is the name of the variable you want to check):

Code: [Select]
GlobalGT("SolaufeinJob","GLOBAL",8)
Global("spawnSol3","GLOBAL",0)
GlobalGT("PhaereJob","GLOBAL",9)
Global("SolaJoin","GLOBAL",0)

where GT = greater than. ie, you have to have finished the Phaere quest and helped Sola in Ust Natha (not killed him, swapped the eggs, not killed the svirfneblin, not been fussed that he doesn't know yr name). globals set as zero will show (eg) 'Global SOLAJOIN does not exist' when you do a GetGlobal("SolaJoin","GLOBAL"). i dont think these are wrong, because he appears - although it is always good to check these things, just to be sure.

his first line of dialogue outside ust natha (ie, 'Veldrin', I'm glad that I found you.....) requires Global("SolaTalk","GLOBAL",0) - otherwise he won't speak to you properly. this *should* be zero (ie, if you do a GetGlobal("SolaTalk","GLOBAL") you should get a response of Global SOLATALK does not exist) but if it isn't for some reason, you'll also get the wrong line of dialogue.

checking these variables will help narrow the problem, as will posting the dialogue line he gives you when he shows up outside ust natha - from there we should be able to work out why he's not working properly.
"those who like TDD are already busy giving install advice to newbies" - the bigg

Offline Gothic Rose

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2004, 02:13:15 AM »
He says:
I have nothing more to say right now, my friend.

I have the option of replying: 1. Very well, let's go.

SolaufeinJob is set to 9
SpawnSol3 doesn't exist (nor anything resembling it)
PhaereJob is set to 11

SolaTalk is set to -1

I'm going to try setting SolaTalk to 0.  If that doesn't work, I'll try setting all of the variables to their "proper" number.

Offline Gothic Rose

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2004, 02:25:19 AM »
Sweet.  By changing the SolaTalk variable to 0, everything started working.  Thanks!  If any wierdness happens because of it, I'll be sure to mention it.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: