Author Topic: Two NPCs for the price of one!  (Read 16669 times)

Offline Bons

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Glad Corvis Isn't Dead Club
Two NPCs for the price of one!
« on: November 17, 2004, 03:00:13 PM »
I'll be filling this board with some info over the coming days now that Keto is released, and I am returning my focus to the Surayah project  Subjects will include suggestions for expanding/improving Hessa from her One-Day template and the possibility of making her joinable earlier in the game.
Newt had always suspected that people who regularly used the word "community" were using it in a very specific sense that excluded him and everyone he knew.

--Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, "Good Omens"

Offline Bookwyrme

• Planewalker
Re: Two NPCs for the price of one!
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2004, 03:02:54 PM »
Yay!  I've been looking forward to Surayah for quite some time :) 
Stop by my blog over at Bookwyrme's Lair, my collection of reviews, pictures, and general ramblings. I also review comics and books over at FanboyNation.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2004, 03:21:16 PM »
This is Bons' nice way of saying "I am never speaking to crontoni ever, ever again."
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline discharger12

• Truth?
  • Planewalker
  • k
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2004, 05:28:19 PM »

Me too  :)

Offline Murdane

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2004, 07:12:20 PM »

Me three. ;) 

But she still can't have Anomen. :)

Offline Bons

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2004, 08:19:44 PM »
This is Bons' nice way of saying "I am never speaking to crontoni ever, ever again."

* Bons uses sign language instead.

:D
Newt had always suspected that people who regularly used the word "community" were using it in a very specific sense that excluded him and everyone he knew.

Offline Reverendratbastard

• Perfunctory Psychopomp
  • Planewalker
  • "to keep my metaphysics warm" -T.S.Eliot
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2004, 06:19:03 PM »

indeed.  i can't wait to have a sunite in the party, but charname will kill anomen with its bare stubby hands before letting her even look at him.
  (and i don't even hold a grudge against the delryn whelp.  not a la neriana, anyhow. :D)
the lord of murder shall perish, yadda yadda yadda.

Offline neriana

• Planewalker
    • Darien NPC for BG2
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2004, 08:42:35 PM »

indeed.  i can't wait to have a sunite in the party, but charname will kill anomen with its bare stubby hands before letting her even look at him.
  (and i don't even hold a grudge against the delryn whelp.  not a la neriana, anyhow. :D)

It's not a grudge. It's simple hatred.  ;D

Letting Anomen get a Sunite priestess is going to be hard, probaby impossible. I'm afraid Anomen most likely won't be getting his hands on Surayah in my game, no matter what the other circumstances.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2004, 08:45:49 PM by neriana »
The color of infinity inside an empty glass.

Offline Murdane

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2004, 12:09:37 AM »
I meant she can't have Anomen because it's my PC who loves him. ;)  I'm not one of the Anomen haters, myself--quite the contrary.

However, I was able to try Kelsey out without feeling overly sorry for Anomen, so if I can deal with that I might very well try out the Surayah/Ano romance.

Offline Bookwyrme

• Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2004, 01:08:30 AM »
See, I'll let her & Ano get together because a) I want to see how the story plays out and b) one reason I haven't tried any of the other romance options out there (now that there are options plural) is that I can't leave Anomen standing there in the corner all alone & lonesome. So . . . this will work out quite well for both of us :)

By the by, is there somewhere where I can find a little more about Hessa? I know she's a former one-day NPC, and apparently she's got  something against bunnies, but that's about all I know.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2004, 01:10:13 AM by Bookwyrme »
Stop by my blog over at Bookwyrme's Lair, my collection of reviews, pictures, and general ramblings. I also review comics and books over at FanboyNation.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2004, 01:20:19 AM »
Don't forget the trees.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline Bookwyrme

• Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2004, 02:20:15 AM »
Don't forget the trees.

Right.

*Makes a note about the trees.

Offline Murdane

• Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2004, 01:16:33 PM »
See, I'll let her & Ano get together because a) I want to see how the story plays out and b) one reason I haven't tried any of the other romance options out there (now that there are options plural) is that I can't leave Anomen standing there in the corner all alone & lonesome.

True enough--I'll eventually want to see how the story plays out, myself. :)  I wasn't sure I'd ever want to watch the Kelsey/Imoen romance play out, because I only imagine Kelsey being with one of my characters, but for a number of reasons in my current game (one of the most primary reasons being that this new PC is male and is going for Viconia ;) ), I'm going to have Kelsey and Imoen together, so I may as well enjoy the show.

Like you I am very soft-hearted when it comes to certain NPCs.  I'm on my fifth game right now and I still don't have the heart to switch Minsc for someone else, and I feel bad if I leave Jaheira or Imoen behind, so I try to keep them whenever possible.  In my Kelsey game I was kind of sad to have Anomen be all by himself, but I made up for it by romancing him in the next game, with the flirt pack. ;)

Offline Bons

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2004, 07:24:09 PM »
By the by, is there somewhere where I can find a little more about Hessa? I know she's a former one-day NPC, and apparently she's got something against bunnies, but that's about all I know.

Once I've finished moving (One more week!) , I'll cull together some bio material from the One-Day mod. If I'm really good, I'll get it done before that.

Offline Shard

• Planewalker
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2005, 04:12:50 AM »
I've recently tried her One-Day version. Hessa bleedin' rocks. She'll become my favorite thief before the night is over, I reckon. *Is playing an all-evil party*

Offline Evilyn

• Planewalker
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2006, 05:52:49 AM »
I have not tried the Once-Upon-A-Day Hessa, but that's simply because I can't be bothered with the lily-livered wannabe paladin who is a prerequisite. But sniffing through the various files I've developed a taste for her, so my main wish at this point is for some shortcut to bypass Anny and still get some evil reinforcements.

I have a confession to make, though - sorry, but one beer soaked night I adapted your soundset for CHARNAME use. Not for sale or passing along, just for me personally. But if that violates your copyright just tell me to remove it.

Offline Bons

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2006, 11:41:35 AM »
I have not tried the Once-Upon-A-Day Hessa, but that's simply because I can't be bothered with the lily-livered wannabe paladin who is a prerequisite. But sniffing through the various files I've developed a taste for her, so my main wish at this point is for some shortcut to bypass Anny and still get some evil reinforcements.

The biggest change for Hessa so far (other than adding some more content and giving her poison knives) is moving her to Waukeen's Promenade in the vicinity of the circus so she can be picked up earlier in the game, without obliging Anomen's quests. If she has not been in the party, and you do reach a point where Anomen has smasherized Surayah, Hessa will relocate to the City Gates and proceed like her One-Day model.

I have a confession to make, though - sorry, but one beer soaked night I adapted your soundset for CHARNAME use. Not for sale or passing along, just for me personally. But if that violates your copyright just tell me to remove it.

I don't have a problem with changes made for personal use, and I'm glad you like Hessa's soundset enough to adapt it for a <CHARNAME>. It's openly redistributing stuff I've done with changes to other people that could make me cranky.

Offline Vasculio

• Baldur's Gate
  • Planewalker
  • Death comes for you! Feel its icy breath!
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2006, 03:46:26 PM »
I always wondered this Hessa, too bad the link is broken! I really wanted to try out her one day mod!
Montaron- Ye goody-goodies make me sick!
Xzar- Must we be so insufferably charitable?!

Offline Bons

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2006, 11:19:45 AM »
I always wondered this Hessa, too bad the link is broken! I really wanted to try out her one day mod!

Oops. It seems the file is not on my server for some incomprehensible reason. Maybe Hessa made a successful Hide In Shadows check.  ;)

I'll correct this when I get home this evening, and I'll post here when she's available again.

Offline Vasculio

• Baldur's Gate
  • Planewalker
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2006, 05:00:54 PM »
Sound good to me!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2006, 05:02:50 PM by Vasculio »

Offline Bons

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2006, 10:25:25 AM »
Hessa is available for download again.

Offline Vasculio

• Baldur's Gate
  • Planewalker
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2006, 04:56:19 PM »
Okay, i manage to get it this time, thanks!

Offline Evilyn

• Planewalker
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2006, 05:47:07 AM »
I have now passed several Save vs. Vomitization checks and actually suffered through immense amounts of Anomen drivel to pick up Hessa, and have to say that I love her. Just the kind of girl my party needed, even though I also had Alassa and played a female FMT. Sort of thief-heavy party, but then I don't like wandering into trap fields.

I don't have a problem with changes made for personal use, and I'm glad you like Hessa's soundset enough to adapt it for a <CHARNAME>. It's openly redistributing stuff I've done with changes to other people that could make me cranky.

Thanks for the "allowance" - and no fear, I won't violate your trust, so to speak. It's just that I'm a sucker for voice sets, even more than for pictures, and I tend to scavenge various sources for them. For example, I've used Venus and Hoshi from "Space Colony" for quite a while, and recently added BloodRayne to my soundsets. (Except if anyone connected with those games reads this and demands royalty, in which case I don't know what you're talking about...)

Offline Sephiroth

• Planewalker
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2006, 04:13:53 AM »
If one associated with those games is reading this and demands royalties, one could ask why they are here instead of trying to make their games as good as BG2 :oP
Knowledge is Power.  Power Corrupts.  Study Hard.  Be Evil.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: