Author Topic: Dragonlance Knights  (Read 6368 times)

Offline Caedwyr

• Planewalker
Dragonlance Knights
« on: November 04, 2004, 02:27:36 AM »
I recall playing through BGII both as a mage and non-mage, and something that always bothered me is how returning/dealing with the Dragonlance Knights in the Planar Sphere is limited to only mages.  You can promise to attempt to do something about them no matter what your class, but you can only do something if you are a mage.

There is nothing particularily mage-like about either of the solutions: talk to Ribald to get someone to send them home, or talk to the Order of the Radiant Heart for a place for them to settle.  Thus I was thinking it would be nice to modify this quest slightly to make the resolution to the plight of the knights available to all classes.
"Knowledge is Power.  Power Corrupts.  Study Hard.  Be Evil."  - Mikka

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

Offline NiGHTMARE

• Idiot
  • Planewalker
Re: Dragonlance Knights
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2004, 03:20:12 AM »
It would be nice, but it's not exactly UB material.  Maybe suggest it to Sim for his Quest Pack?
The Gibberlings Three - home to the BG1 NPC Project, BG2 Tweak Pack, Divine Remix, GemRB, Lands of Intrigue, Song & Silence, and many more!

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2004, 08:28:37 AM »
Just implemented it. :) Bear in mind that Teos won't be there to tell the player where to search, though.

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2004, 12:12:13 PM »
Ooh, work avoided! :D
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline Caedwyr

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2004, 05:51:45 PM »
Heh, that was fast.  I figured it fit under the Unfinished Business heading since it was business that had been left unfinished for most classes :p.  Also, I think UB does cover some material such as the Kalah quest which may not have been strictly original Bioware material.

Great to hear the fix is in.  Maybe a journal entry with some suggestions of where to ask, if there isn't one already (for non-mages) would be handy.
"Knowledge is Power.  Power Corrupts.  Study Hard.  Be Evil."  - Mikka

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

Offline rreinier

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2004, 12:55:05 PM »
I don't think the player should get any clue except from Teos. Time to ask the PC to actually think, methinks.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: