Author Topic: Interview  (Read 6549 times)

Offline St. Josephine

• Planewalker
  • The Patron Saint of Mediocrity
Interview
« on: October 22, 2004, 11:02:36 PM »
Check out the interview Kismet and I did here which delves deep into our collective psyches regarding Cailean and his creation.

Feel free to post any comments or additional questions.   :)
Cailean: An archer NPC for the insatiably nosy!

Despite his heartthrob status in real life, Orlando Bloom has consistently functioned as a node of negative energy onscreen, sucking the life force out of all who surround him. --Dana Stevens, Slate.com

Offline irenicus

• irenicus
  • Planewalker
Re: Interview
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2004, 07:20:09 AM »
Boo is related by marriage?, oooook, im officaly freaked out

Offline glain

• Got Shirt?
  • Planewalker
  • "Comptonette #1" and Resident Neurosurgeon
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2004, 08:58:03 AM »
Kick ass archer and a drunken ice mephit!  :D  Hurry ladies, I can't wait!!! ;D 
Beware the evil behind the smiling eyes...

Dominika

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2004, 08:44:52 AM »
Does the fact that you're giving interviews mean that you'll be releasing Cailean soon?  ;)
I can't wait!

Dominika

Offline Bons

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Glad Corvis Isn't Dead Club
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2004, 12:16:34 PM »
I think the answer to that question is in the interview.  :pirate
Newt had always suspected that people who regularly used the word "community" were using it in a very specific sense that excluded him and everyone he knew.

--Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, "Good Omens"

Offline Dominika

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2004, 03:53:34 PM »
Sorry, I meant that as more of a comment than a real question.

Offline Bons

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Glad Corvis Isn't Dead Club
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2004, 08:51:56 PM »
Having that interview is a luscious tease, isn't it?  :)
Newt had always suspected that people who regularly used the word "community" were using it in a very specific sense that excluded him and everyone he knew.

--Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, "Good Omens"

Offline glain

• Got Shirt?
  • Planewalker
  • "Comptonette #1" and Resident Neurosurgeon
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2004, 08:54:55 PM »
I definitely enjoyed it.  ;D
Beware the evil behind the smiling eyes...

Offline mcruz

• Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2004, 09:16:51 PM »
Who was the "interested bystander"  in your interview btw?  Someone we know?  :)
"Somethings are worth waiting for"

Offline celticrose

• Planewalker
  • Beware, There Be Dragons!
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2004, 11:24:25 PM »
 Enjoyed your interview! Also looking forward to the release of Cailean's module.  ::) Okay. . . I'm not asking your ages or when to

expect it's release. . . maybe. . . Christmas ? New Year? Okay, sorry. . .  :(. . . I'll try to be more patient. Sigh. . . blink, blink, sniff,

our impatience is really a complement !  :D

celtic rose

Offline St. Josephine

• Planewalker
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2004, 05:11:57 PM »
Enjoyed your interview! Also looking forward to the release of Cailean's module.  ::) Okay. . . I'm not asking your ages or when to

expect it's release. . . maybe. . . Christmas ? New Year? Okay, sorry. . .  :(. . . I'll try to be more patient. Sigh. . . blink, blink, sniff,

our impatience is really a complement !  :D

celtic rose

Heh, that's true.  I guess I should be saying in the future, "Thank you for your impatience ."   ;)

Despite his heartthrob status in real life, Orlando Bloom has consistently functioned as a node of negative energy onscreen, sucking the life force out of all who surround him. --Dana Stevens, Slate.com

Rodent of Unusual Size

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2004, 04:32:26 PM »
Interesting-- especially that 'players have to initiate things.'
I hope that doesn't mean you necessarily have to play through endless flirt options, in order to talk to or romance Cailean, that are er, let's call it less tasteful than the ones already posted? Don't get me wrong, those are fine, and I'm looking forward to this mod, both background and portrait look excellent.
I've seen a couple of mods and I don't have a tender soul, but I'm one of those persons having problems reading really explicit sex descriptions (and then I mean REALLY explicit, not flirting) of characters whose bodies cannot consist of more than 30 pixels... tends to give me jaw ache from laughing ;)

Offline Kismet

• Devil's Minion #5
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Veni; Vidi; Velcro.
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2004, 05:12:48 PM »
Interesting-- especially that 'players have to initiate things.'
I hope that doesn't mean you necessarily have to play through endless flirt options, in order to talk to or romance Cailean, that are er, let's call it less tasteful than the ones already posted? Don't get me wrong, those are fine, and I'm looking forward to this mod, both background and portrait look excellent.
I've seen a couple of mods and I don't have a tender soul, but I'm one of those persons having problems reading really explicit sex descriptions (and then I mean REALLY explicit, not flirting) of characters whose bodies cannot consist of more than 30 pixels... tends to give me jaw ache from laughing ;)

The PC init conversations work similarly to the flirt packs.  Basically you click to talk on Cailean and get a list of things to discuss rather than a list of naughty things to do.  The PC init conversations are available whether you're romancing him or not, although you have more options if you are.   I've attached a screenshot of a PC init conversation list in our screenshots thread here to show you what we mean.
Cailean - An archer NPC for the insatiably nosy!  Guaranteed more fun than shampooing cats!

Rodent of Unusual Size

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2004, 05:46:04 AM »
Yep, that looks good. I was, well, just afraid that if you ARE romancing the guy, you are condemned to initiate into 'naughty things to do' and other wanton cruelty to the common pixel :)
Mind you, the stuff posted up to now is all rather sweet... what I meant was the grabbing manhoods and floating rudders I recall from the Kelsey mod  ::)

Offline St. Josephine

• Planewalker
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2004, 10:57:17 AM »
Yep, that looks good. I was, well, just afraid that if you ARE romancing the guy, you are condemned to initiate into 'naughty things to do' and other wanton cruelty to the common pixel :)
Mind you, the stuff posted up to now is all rather sweet... what I meant was the grabbing manhoods and floating rudders I recall from the Kelsey mod  ::)

Well... the things we've shown so far are rather early in the romance.  There will be a flirt menu for Cailean when the romance is farther along where you can initiate some naughty things if you want to.  Of course, "naughty" is subjective but we are trying to keep his flirts a) in character and b) not gratutious.   :)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: