Author Topic: sola mod causes problems in TOB?  (Read 2259 times)

Offline inyalie

• Planewalker
sola mod causes problems in TOB?
« on: October 20, 2004, 07:13:41 AM »
please help~~ :'(

The mods I installed are Banter pack, NPCflirt pack, and Sola.
My adventure went fine in SOA. However, as I moved on to TOB, I can't talk to Sola and anomen anymore. Later in the game, when I killed Gromnir and Melissan showed up, she said I should help to end this seige but she didn't update my map!

I think it may be caused by the mods i installed so I unintalled TOB. Then, I did the following:

1. I re-installed TOB. Game goes well, Melissan updated my map, but I still can't talk to anomen and sola. Anomen's dialoge chart empty, and there's no reply I can choose. Sola just said "why do you bother me with the idle chat?"

2. I then re-installed Banterpack. I can now FLIRT with anomen and sola still doesn't want to do the "idle chat" with me.

3. I re-installed Solamod again. This time, neither anomen nor sola talks to me. They have nothing to say to me.

The reason why I did these is I want to make sure the sola romance goes well in TOB. I picked up sola since we left the underdark. I haven't complete his romance yet and I wish I can continue it in TOB.

Please~can anyone tell me what to do?

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
Re: sola mod causes problems in TOB?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2004, 10:42:50 AM »
You're going to need to reinstall your game entirely. It sounds to me like you didn't install the Bioware patch for TOB.
Don't worry, your saved games will be preserved.

- Uninstall BG2.
- Go into your BG2 directory and manually delete the override directory as well as the weidu.log file.
- Reinstall SOA
- Reinstall TOB
- Install the Bioware TOB patch
- Reinstall the mods, preferably in the same sequence you used the first time.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline inyalie

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2004, 02:09:47 PM »
Thank you very much!! :-*
I did as you indicated, and it works!!
It feels so nice when everything goes well. :)

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2004, 02:13:56 PM »
In the future please remember that it is absolutely critical and required that TOB, then the TOB patch, be installed before you apply ANY mods.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: