Author Topic: My Gladiator  (Read 3839 times)

Offline Golden Lion 86

• Servant of Ilmater
  • Planewalker
  • King of Beasts
My Gladiator
« on: October 19, 2004, 08:44:11 AM »
I am moving the focus of the TeamBG thread topic to a new thread for better clarity.

Now, I have created the Gladiator Kit, with all the innate abilities I want it to have, and I've yet to do the loot.

I have a couple of questions. First, how do I restrict armor to Leather and Studded Leather only? Also, how do I give him assigned starting proficiencies (***Dual Wielding, ***Short Sword), like the ranger's **Dual Wielding?

Also, I intend to create a few gladiator weapons and armor, and was wondering if there is a way to make it gladiator only. I know for a fact that Chloe's Swords are tethered to her class, so I was wondering.

Thanks!
"An Honorable Servant is a greater man than a Dishonorable Master." - The Mighty Stanislav

Offline Golden Lion 86

• Servant of Ilmater
  • Planewalker
  • King of Beasts
Re: My Gladiator
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2004, 09:34:45 PM »
Anyone?
"An Honorable Servant is a greater man than a Dishonorable Master." - The Mighty Stanislav

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2004, 11:03:32 PM »
Kit ninjas are relatively few and far between. Have patience, I'm sure one of our operators will be with you shortly.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline Meira

• Planewalker
  • I'm the snow on your lips
    • Amber's Home
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2004, 04:02:05 AM »
Have you read Cam's Kit Creation Series?

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=584

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2004, 02:38:26 PM »
While I am perhaps not as much of a kit ninja as Cam, here's some answers:

I have a couple of questions. First, how do I restrict armor to Leather and Studded Leather only?

You need to set the kit unusability value in your ADD_KIT command to one for a kit which has the use restrictions you want. So, here you could try the Stalker, since they're limited to leathers.

Also, how do I give him assigned starting proficiencies (***Dual Wielding, ***Short Sword), like the ranger's **Dual Wielding?

Make a spell with the Modify Proficiencies effect and have it applied in your CLAB file.

Also, I intend to create a few gladiator weapons and armor, and was wondering if there is a way to make it gladiator only. I know for a fact that Chloe's Swords are tethered to her class, so I was wondering

You can sort of do it - if you made the kit use the same use restrictions as the Stalker then you could make items set to only be useable by Fighters of the Stalker kit. So then a real Stalker couldn't use them (since that'd be a Ranger), but a Gladiator (which I'm assuming is a Fighter kit) can.

It's hard to know how much detail you need the answers in as I don't know you modding ability, so, ask more questions if you need to. I'd recommend Cam's tutorial series, too, as Meira suggests.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline Golden Lion 86

• Servant of Ilmater
  • Planewalker
  • King of Beasts
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2004, 03:47:21 PM »
Thank you all for your help. I already gave my guy Druid and Cavalier restrictions to keep him from using missile weapons and heavy armor.

Qestion:

What do I use to make new weapons and spells and to alter existing ones?

I will try the link.

Offline Golden Lion 86

• Servant of Ilmater
  • Planewalker
  • King of Beasts
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2004, 03:48:44 PM »
Have you read Cam's Kit Creation Series?

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=584

Oh, this is the link I originally used to create my kit. Thank you, though.

Offline Golden Lion 86

• Servant of Ilmater
  • Planewalker
  • King of Beasts
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2004, 04:01:00 PM »
An addition to the item and spell creation. I can use NI, but it always displaces my game text the moment I do something. Am i doing something wrong? I tried to create a copy of Short Sword and it displaced everything.

Offline Golden Lion 86

• Servant of Ilmater
  • Planewalker
  • King of Beasts
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2004, 04:02:43 PM »
Oh, and as for my modding ability, it's practically nonexistant. I can tinker with 2DA files to alter proficiencies and abilities, and I have a template for making Kits, but that's about it.

Offline Caedwyr

• Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2004, 05:06:33 PM »
I'd recommend learning how to use DLTCEP which can be found on the site I posted the link for.  Its a bit tricky to comprehend at first, but is one of the most powerful IE editing tools available.  Try opening up some spells and items in the editor to see how they've been done, and refer to the IEDSP and the partial guide done by igi for additional help.
"Knowledge is Power.  Power Corrupts.  Study Hard.  Be Evil."  - Mikka

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

Offline Golden Lion 86

• Servant of Ilmater
  • Planewalker
  • King of Beasts
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2004, 06:08:35 PM »
Thank you. After posing the question, I found a link in "other tutorials" and used my DLCTEP to create a Gladius. I am tinkering with usability right now, but I will open up some other weapons and have me a look. :D

Also, I intend to do the same with Spells, and Abilities.

Thank you all!

More Questions will come with time.

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2004, 08:05:02 PM »
Best way to add new item names and descriptions is on installation with WeiDU.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline Golden Lion 86

• Servant of Ilmater
  • Planewalker
  • King of Beasts
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2004, 08:11:15 AM »
Gladii +0 - +5 added, as have spells to create Gladii +1 - +5 at levels 9, 12, 15, 18, and 21. Regualr Gladii can be found in starting dungeon.

Offline Golden Lion 86

• Servant of Ilmater
  • Planewalker
  • King of Beasts
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2004, 10:51:28 PM »
Question: When I install the MOD, it tells me on one of the lines:

Error Clearing [*.ids] in [.]

It doesn't seem to affect the function of the MOD, but I wonder what it means.

Also, ***UPDATE***:

Tridents +0 - +5 Created, Gladius of Dragon-Slaying +4 created, HLA Gladiatorial Strike created, and Gladiator innate low-level HLAs (War Cry, Deathblow, Critical Strike, Smite, Whirlwind attack)x3 have been reduced to x1 (like War Cry, level 9, instead of 9, 10, 11; Smite level 17, instead of 17, 18, 19; etc)

Offline Caedwyr

• Planewalker
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2004, 02:06:01 AM »
Error Cleaning .ids is a friendly error message.  Weimer has said that the message will be removed in the next version of weidu (if it hasn't already) since it doesn't actually provide any useful feedback.
"Knowledge is Power.  Power Corrupts.  Study Hard.  Be Evil."  - Mikka

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

Offline Golden Lion 86

• Servant of Ilmater
  • Planewalker
  • King of Beasts
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2004, 07:43:03 AM »
Thank you.

Offline Golden Lion 86

• Servant of Ilmater
  • Planewalker
  • King of Beasts
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2004, 06:57:08 PM »
I just downloaded WeiDU 1.64, and I have created mini-MODs for BioWare forum members. I have one that converts the Case of Plenty +1 and +2 to Electric Case of Plenty +1 and +2 (fires +1 and +2 Bolts of Lightning, respectively)

The second mini-MOD, probably of more interest to the BG2 community, is a Cloak of Non-Detection Fix, whereby it literally protects you from pretty much every divination spell in the game (even unlisted spells like innate abilities of other creatures), instead of just haveing an apparently faulty Non-Detection Effect.

If anyone is interested, email me at goldenlion86@yahoo.com with requests. :D

Offline Golden Lion 86

• Servant of Ilmater
  • Planewalker
  • King of Beasts
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2004, 07:04:21 PM »
Also, (separate idea from previous post), I have made a slight change of plans to balance out the Gladiator. I am thinking of making a few 'Sacrifice' HLAs you have to pick before you can be allowed to gain some of the better, Gladiator-only HLAs.

Also, as starting proficiencies, instead of ***SS, and ***TWS, which is a bit overkill and takes you in an obvious direction, I have decided to make it *SS, *TWS, and *Spear. This way, the ****** you have at creation can be spent either thish way: ****(*)SS **(*)TWS, or this way: ****(*)Spear **THWS. Plus, either way you have no penalties wielding the other weapon (except two Gladii for a Trident-master). So I think this is near-ideal.

I am already planning my next kit: The Leonic Knight, Paladin Subclass. Overkill, but no HLAs, and 'Sacrifice' HLAs from day 1 (-1 PrimReq, -3NPrimReq, -1 THAC0, -10 HP, etc.), to compensate for insane Leonic fighting skills! :D

Offline Golden Lion 86

• Servant of Ilmater
  • Planewalker
  • King of Beasts
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2004, 09:29:12 AM »
Quick question: Is there a way to add an item to a container in an are without replacing the area with a new one WITH the item? If I replace the starting are, for instance, I might overwrite Improved Ilyich and the like.

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2004, 11:44:53 AM »
You might be able to do it via area script, though I'm not sure as it's not something I've done in the past.

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2004, 11:55:29 AM »
Quick question: Is there a way to add an item to a container in an are without replacing the area with a new one WITH the item? If I replace the starting are, for instance, I might overwrite Improved Ilyich and the like.

You can do it via an area script, yes.  Here's an example:

Code: [Select]
IF
  Global("UBSW1H50","AR0407",0)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
      SetGlobal("UBSW1H50","AR0407",1)
      ActionOverride("Container 2",CreateItem("SW1H50",0,0,0))
END
<Moongaze> Luckily BWL has a very understanding and friendly admin.

Offline Ghreyfain

• Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2004, 04:21:32 PM »
And you could use NI, IETME, and presumably DLTCEP to find the name of the container to AO() to.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Golden Lion 86

• Servant of Ilmater
  • Planewalker
  • King of Beasts
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2004, 05:04:13 PM »
Thank you

I will give it a try

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: