Author Topic: TeamBG  (Read 3211 times)

Offline Golden Lion 86

• Servant of Ilmater
  • Planewalker
  • King of Beasts
TeamBG
« on: October 17, 2004, 06:39:41 PM »
I see that most of the tutorials use TeamBG tools. Now, since TeamBG is down, these are inaccessible. Is there another site where one can get them? I wish to make an NPC and I am not sure quite where to start. There were pleanty of cool things on TeamBG, which are now out of reach. Does anyone know if TeamBG will ever be restored?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2004, 09:23:31 PM by Golden Lion 86 »
"An Honorable Servant is a greater man than a Dishonorable Master." - The Mighty Stanislav

Offline Bons

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Glad Corvis Isn't Dead Club
Re: TeamBG
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2004, 07:16:12 PM »
TeamBG Tools like BamWorkshop and IETME are temporarily being hosted at http://www.clandlan.net/index.php?file=tbgmirror.htm, but as time goes on and on, this looks like a tem-to-perm thing.

Otherwise, check the PPG modlist for links to things like WeiDU, DLTCEP, IE and NI.
Newt had always suspected that people who regularly used the word "community" were using it in a very specific sense that excluded him and everyone he knew.

--Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, "Good Omens"

Offline Caedwyr

• Planewalker
Re: TemBG
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2004, 08:12:40 PM »
If you are planning on making a NPC, then Ghreyfain's NPC creation tutorial will be invaluable help.

"Knowledge is Power.  Power Corrupts.  Study Hard.  Be Evil."  - Mikka

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

Offline Golden Lion 86

• Servant of Ilmater
  • Planewalker
  • King of Beasts
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2004, 10:24:55 PM »
Ok, me again.

Now, I have a bunch of these tools, but I m LOST! I can't make heads or tails of anything. WHen I run WeiDU.exe, it gives me a bunch of options, and then closes. What do I need, exactly, to create a new NPC. I want to start coding the dialogues and events and stuff. .cre files, I can work with just fine. I altered my pseudo dragon to be a lion, but I can't name him "Romulus", since such a string does not exist, and whenever I use NI to create new strings, my whole game text is shifted randomly. I just want a few pointers on where to start looking. I did look at the Ghreyfain's tutorial, but I haven't a clue as to what programs I should be running to code the stuff in. PLEASE HELP!!
"An Honorable Servant is a greater man than a Dishonorable Master." - The Mighty Stanislav

Offline neriana

• Planewalker
    • Darien NPC for BG2
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2004, 10:30:06 PM »
The code is written in simple text. ConTEXT is a good program for this, but Notepad will actually work just fine.

I suggest that you download the one-day NPC Gareth and thoroughly explore his code.
The color of infinity inside an empty glass.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2004, 10:44:58 PM »
Don't think of WeiDU as a program you run and get a GUI and perform a bunch of operations and save data files. Because it's not. WeiDU is essentially a programming language compiler. You feed it item and spell and script files and dialogue files and installation files and it goes to work and installs your mod.

There are a number of WeiDU-related tutorials on the Tutorial board here which will help put its operation in context for you. Tools like Near Infinity and DLTCEP are the Swiss Army Knives that you use to make items and spells and creatures. WeiDU is the program you use to glue it all together and apply dialogue and scripting.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline Golden Lion 86

• Servant of Ilmater
  • Planewalker
  • King of Beasts
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2004, 11:54:26 PM »
The code is written in simple text. ConTEXT is a good program for this, but Notepad will actually work just fine.

I suggest that you download the one-day NPC Gareth and thoroughly explore his code.

Ok, I downloaded it. Do I install it now? and if/when I do, how Do I explore the code, and what program do I use (even if it is text, I still have to extract it somehow, no?)

Also, I have the DLCTEP thingie now. I have loaded the Chitin.key location in, as well as my recently acquires IEEP (ToBMODELS.dat is what I used.) It gives me two problems, though: can't load MORALEAI.ids, and cannot load itemchecker.var (when I tell it to reload variables). Any way to fix this?

Also, I have the Kit Editor, and I am trying my hand at that one, too. Not a lot of luck thus far.

Any further help will be appreciated. I have been planning on doing this and I want to learn how once and for all. Maybe this will be a first step in making my ultimate MOD come true, but I have barely lifted my foot off the ground for now. :)

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2004, 12:07:48 AM »
Ok, I downloaded it. Do I install it now? and if/when I do, how Do I explore the code, and what program do I use (even if it is text, I still have to extract it somehow, no?)

Get the ConText text editor and open the .d and .tp2 files in ConText. You can open them in any text editor or word processor, but ConText provides syntax highlighting which helps show you what's going on, like a real programming development environment would.

Also, I have the DLCTEP thingie now. I have loaded the Chitin.key location in, as well as my recently acquires IEEP (ToBMODELS.dat is what I used.) It gives me two problems, though: can't load MORALEAI.ids, and cannot load itemchecker.var (when I tell it to reload variables). Any way to fix this?

Don't worry about these warning messages. DLTCEP is still working fine.

Also, I have the Kit Editor, and I am trying my hand at that one, too. Not a lot of luck thus far.

Generally kits aren't actually made these days with the kit editor, but I suggest you table learning to create kits for a little while anyway.

Any further help will be appreciated.

Stick with your current homework.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline Golden Lion 86

• Servant of Ilmater
  • Planewalker
  • King of Beasts
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2004, 07:53:07 AM »
Thank you. I've started reading the Documentation, and I've yet MORE QUESTIONS!  ;D

When I want people to say something, do I just type SAY ~Bla Bla Bla~? or do I create new strings and type SAY ~86909~ (or something to that effect?)

If I do have to create new strings, how do I go about doing that?

I WILL make this happen SOMETIME before I die!

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2004, 10:54:16 AM »
Type SAY ~blah blah~ and when you compile to install WeiDU will add it to the .TLK for you and all that jazz. So just type what you want to see.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline Golden Lion 86

• Servant of Ilmater
  • Planewalker
  • King of Beasts
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2004, 11:01:33 AM »
Thank you.

Offline Golden Lion 86

• Servant of Ilmater
  • Planewalker
  • King of Beasts
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2004, 01:19:52 PM »
Is it just me, or is BioWare Down? :'(

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2004, 01:39:08 PM »
Just you.

-Echon

Offline Reverendratbastard

• Perfunctory Psychopomp
  • Planewalker
  • "to keep my metaphysics warm" -T.S.Eliot
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2004, 01:56:31 PM »
unless nwn somehow retroactively flopped or something...
the lord of murder shall perish, yadda yadda yadda.

Offline Golden Lion 86

• Servant of Ilmater
  • Planewalker
  • King of Beasts
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2004, 04:02:54 PM »
It was indded down, but only for a few minutes.

Anywho, SUCCESS!!!!

I have just successfully created and installed the Gladiator Kit.

Offline Golden Lion 86

• Servant of Ilmater
  • Planewalker
  • King of Beasts
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2004, 06:15:00 PM »
Questions, more QUESTIONS!!!  :D

Ok, I just reinstalled BG2 to get rid of all my MODs and to work in an unmodded environment. Now, I had 50th level rules, which also gives the parent kit all the abilities of its kits, and the kits, all the abilities of the other kits. Thus, a fighter was a Kensai/Berserker/Wizard Slayer with Fighter restrictions (none). So when I applied special abilities, they were the same for all kits and negated the need for kits altogether.

My problem is, that now, I cannot find Kitlist.2da (or was it .tp2). Well, regardless, I can't find the abilities files either. Also, is there a page somewhere that breaks down what each ability code means (like SPCL915.spl = Use Any Item), and the like? I just want a template to go by for giving THAC0/Damage bonuses, or THAC0/Damage Bonuses vs Dragons or undead.

All help is appreicated. Thank you.

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2004, 06:18:48 PM »
For the info, try iesdp.gibberlings3.net
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline Golden Lion 86

• Servant of Ilmater
  • Planewalker
  • King of Beasts
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2004, 06:34:12 PM »
Thanks

Offline Golden Lion 86

• Servant of Ilmater
  • Planewalker
  • King of Beasts
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2004, 08:44:38 AM »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: