Author Topic: Unused Items  (Read 19148 times)

Offline hlidskialf

• Owner of the first chair with an ale-fridge
  • Planewalker
Re: Unused Items
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2004, 08:56:35 PM »
That's weird, wild and wacky stuff.  :o
Unknown to most, hlidskialf is the first incarnation of the eternal warrior with a beer fridge in his chair.

Offline Kish

• HEROISM OK
  • Planewalker
    • Oversight mod.
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2004, 09:42:37 PM »
There are a couple points in the cleric stronghold quests where you get offered a choice between those three items.  Alphonse is the servant who brings you your choice, though he doesn't speak, just walks up to you and you get the item.
Beauty standing amidst fiery destruction.

Offline Barren

• An almighty modder's sidekick!
  • Planewalker
    • Visit Ashford City!
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2004, 09:56:56 PM »
Magnet.bcs is assigned to ppinvi01.cre , an invisible and unkillable creature that isn't refered to in the game. Note that the prefix pp usually indicates a file for Brynnlaw or Spellhold.
Quote from: talia brie
Otherwise visit the Ashford City forum and ask the mods, because Barren knows all. Barren is good. Barren is wise.

Offline Reverendratbastard

• Perfunctory Psychopomp
  • Planewalker
  • "to keep my metaphysics warm" -T.S.Eliot
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2004, 10:42:46 AM »
Is there any mention of fairy dust in PNP dungeons and dragons? What does it do?

i know this is awfully tardy, but so surprised there was so little response...  there's never been an extensive game mechanics study of fairy dust in PNP, afaik (tho i haven't memorized the entire 3[.5]E library yet), but as far as general fairy shenanigans both in various AD&D modules and in peripheral folklore (shakespeare notwithstanding), it could be...

[*DISCLAIMER* i recognize that this might only be a thread to figure out what some items were intended for before they fell by the proverbial wayside.  but i'll babble out my braintap any time (not *everyone* has noticed yet), and if this is of no use, either someone will be polite/patronizing enough to tell me so, or i'll have the catharsis anyway.]

...derived from ground pixie wings or leprechaun whiskers or dryad hair or some such.  (i mean, a notable quantity stored in a bottle - that doesn't sound like it was a fairy's idea.  the most benign explanation would probably be a 'friend' or 'student' of the wee folk building up a collection over time..  but i'd guess more sinister.  perhaps an ambitious mage who captures fairies and demands dust as ransom.  but unless the mage is a peerless diviner or something, such bargains are easily tricked-out, since:
  ...capable of producing powerful psychedelic and/or soporific effects
  ...useful in major/bizarre/experimental enchantments (another possibility for planar-sphere-stronghold apprentices?)
  ...a tracking device, so the party can be scried by
     - one of the captive dryads who has a crush on [or grudge against] somebody in the party
     - somebody/anybody who hung out on the periphery of (or escaped during an encounter resulting from) any extraplanar quest, through the sphere, or the raelis shai & co. rescue, or the Deck-slinging cambion & his crew...

*now* somebody can tell me "oh yeah, X incorporated that stuff into Xmod last month.  don't worry about it."  k thx byee.
  but if nothing else, i'll damn sure use it in my first mod.
the lord of murder shall perish, yadda yadda yadda.

Sean

« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2004, 01:13:35 PM »
one thing in the cheats i know i'm bad there is a golem brain which does nothing in game are you going to change that too i believe it belongs in the planer sphere because it looks like the other golem parts if you can truly do all i've heard you could this bard may make a tale of your deeds

Offline Barren

• An almighty modder's sidekick!
  • Planewalker
    • Visit Ashford City!
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2004, 01:14:19 PM »
one thing in the cheats i know i'm bad there is a golem brain which does nothing in game are you going to change that too i believe it belongs in the planer sphere because it looks like the other golem parts if you can truly do all i've heard you could this bard may make a tale of your deeds

It's on the Weird Items list.
Quote from: talia brie
Otherwise visit the Ashford City forum and ask the mods, because Barren knows all. Barren is good. Barren is wise.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: