Author Topic: Indira will not install  (Read 11184 times)

Offline Ishmael

• Planewalker
Re: Indira will not install
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2004, 11:01:35 PM »
Ok....I did the Indira installation, and everything seemed to go just fine.  I began a new TuTu game, and instead of the standard opening movie, I got something very different - a picture of an inn, with the heading "Indira."

An Imoen-type voice declares "Away! I wont give in without a fight!" and the words scroll up the screen. Then a distorted man's voice declares what looks to be three lines of dialogue that you normally choose between.

I chose to ignore this and moved into the Inn to speak to Winthrop.  There, the dialogue box was entirely blacked out!  Relying on memory I tapped in various choices and could get to the buy/sell screens.  At this point I came back here.

WTF?

Offline Ghreyfain

• Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2004, 05:36:20 AM »
By standard opening movie, do you mean the scrolling narration by the guy introducing Candlekeep?

At this point I might suggest uninstalling Indira, re-extracting it from the downloaded .zip file, making sure to add the backup folder as you previously did, then re-installing.

I'm sort of flying blind at this point, because I really don't know what could've gone wrong to cause such behaviour.  A very rare and strange bug indeed.
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline Ishmael

• Planewalker
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2004, 01:26:16 PM »
I uninstalled Indira and the durn thing is still there.

Looks like I need to do a total reinstall.  Feh.

I have emailed you a screenshot of the opening movie in question.

Offline Ghreyfain

• Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2005, 11:09:35 PM »
Just saw the screenshots, and yeah, they're pretty darn weird.  Not sure how something like that could've come to pass, but you're probably best off doing a re-install, as you said.

Good luck for the second try.
Earn Money Sleeping.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: