Author Topic: Jan's Swarmer Mates - problem?  (Read 3006 times)

Offline Nerik

• Planewalker
Jan's Swarmer Mates - problem?
« on: October 03, 2004, 02:29:57 PM »
Hello,

I might have a problem - I've had the bit of dialogue where Jan 'demonstrates' the swarmer mates- but he hasn't yet got the ability to make them.

The dialogue occured during the cut-scene as I was leaving the Planar Prison - and I wonder if this may have caused a problem.

Charles

Offline Nerik

• Planewalker
Re: Jan's Swarmer Mates - problem?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2004, 02:55:27 PM »
...now he's gained a level - and still hasn't got the ability.

Also, (but quite possibly has nothing to do with the Banter Pack) Jahiera keeps giving me her "I can not tolerate any more timewasting" banter - I've had it about five times or so - and its not as if I haven't been moving along, as it were.

Charles (again)

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2004, 03:30:30 PM »
Nothing about that sounds like a problem I've heard reported before, so it may indeed have been a sort of momentary glitch that occurred because the game was "busy" doing something else. If you can replay that sequence with an archive save, it might help.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline neriana

• Planewalker
    • Darien NPC for BG2
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2004, 04:02:56 PM »
Also, (but quite possibly has nothing to do with the Banter Pack) Jahiera keeps giving me her "I can not tolerate any more timewasting" banter - I've had it about five times or so - and its not as if I haven't been moving along, as it were.

I've had this problem too, and I actually ditched Jaheira last game because of it. Viconia does her "what drove you to adventuring" spiel a lot too. For some reason their globals aren't getting set or something. I'll try to dig up a save with the issue.
The color of infinity inside an empty glass.

Offline Nerik

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2004, 01:08:41 PM »
Nothing about that sounds like a problem I've heard reported before, so it may indeed have been a sort of momentary glitch that occurred because the game was "busy" doing something else. If you can replay that sequence with an archive save, it might help.

You're right - I re-played from a save taken just before I left the Planar Prison,and Jan didn't start the 'invented swarmer mates" banter untill after we had arrived back in the Five Flagons. Now I just need to use Shadowkeeper to find the right variables to set :)

Edit: Fixed now - all I need to do now is sort out the Jaheira dialogue problem - which is probably not a banter pack issue.

Further Edit (6/10/04): What I did was lower his level in Shadowkeeper (leaving XP unaltered) then, when I loaded the game, he re-did the Banter and gained the ability.

Thanks

Charles
« Last Edit: October 06, 2004, 08:18:39 AM by Nerik »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: