Author Topic: Something strange with Tutu_v5  (Read 1994 times)

Offline J-P

• Planewalker
Something strange with Tutu_v5
« on: October 02, 2004, 02:39:43 AM »
Hi  ;D,

I don't know if that is a bug or not but I notice the sound of my main character is not the same level as the others members of my party. Why ?

Also, The Kazgaroth' items can not import to BG2, right ?

PS: What does it mean "Fix THAC0 table problems, etc" (http://www.gibberlings3.net/tutu/index.html) :

Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table, Saving Throws, Grand-Mastery, and Arcane, Divine Spell Progression (Courtesy of Weimer's BG2 Ease-of-Use)
From Blucher, this component follows AD&D wizard and cleric spell progression more closely, fixes some saving throw and THAC0 table problems, etc.

Someone can explain me in details please why to fix the THACO ?
Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2004, 02:44:19 AM by J-P »

Offline Caswallon

• Telvanni Archmagister
  • Planewalker
    • BG Forum
Re: Something strange with Tutu_v5
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2004, 03:45:42 AM »
I don't know if that is a bug or not but I notice the sound of my main character is not the same level as the others members of my party. Why ?

I don't know about the English one, but in the German versions, BG1 sounds were considerably louder than those of BG2. As the main character's voice comes from the BG2 selection, but the NPCs use BG1 resources, I guess you're experiencing similar behaviour.

PS: What does it mean "Fix THAC0 table problems, etc" (http://www.gibberlings3.net/tutu/index.html) :

Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table, Saving Throws, Grand-Mastery, and Arcane, Divine Spell Progression (Courtesy of Weimer's BG2 Ease-of-Use)
From Blucher, this component follows AD&D wizard and cleric spell progression more closely, fixes some saving throw and THAC0 table problems, etc.

Someone can explain me in details please why to fix the THACO ?
Thanks.

In AD&D, on which the BG rules are based, you have tables of how THAC0, Spells etc. are progressing with raising levels. For BG, they chose to alter that tables slightly, and this component tries to re-introduce the AD&D tables (as much as possible). From the wording ("un-nerfed"), I guess that you'll be progressing faster. ;)
Man's Mystery
Man is mortal, and doomed to death and failure and loss.
This lies beyond our comprehension - why do you not despair?
--Spirit of the Daedra--

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2004, 03:54:24 AM »
For BG, they chose to alter that tables slightly, and this component tries to re-introduce the AD&D tables (as much as possible).

For BG or BG2? To the best of my knowledge, all these tables are correct in BG.

-Echon

Offline Caswallon

• Telvanni Archmagister
  • Planewalker
    • BG Forum
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2004, 03:57:20 AM »
Good point. As Ease of Use (where the component is lifted from) was only for BG2, I suspect it refers to BG2.
Man's Mystery
Man is mortal, and doomed to death and failure and loss.
This lies beyond our comprehension - why do you not despair?
--Spirit of the Daedra--

Offline Kabuki

• Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2004, 04:39:41 AM »
Afaik: Tutu uses the BG2 tables, and the un-nerf mostly refers to the higher end of the tables... not entirely relevant, the grand mastery is the same problem, but since you can achieve GM in BG1 it is more relevant.  This may be stated in the readme... Ok, looked up the readme for the Blucher fixes in the Ease of use mod (the same ones used for BGII are used for Tutu) and they really only apply at the high end of the scale.  If you are really curious to see what is changed take a look at blucher's website: http://www.fortunecity.com/boozers/winelodge/79/ download the hilvl.zip and read the attached readme file.  It should clear up everything, although if you don't have the original BGII charts to compare with it may be a bit awkward to see exactly what has changed.

The Kazgaroth items can under certain circumstances be imported into BGII.  It replaces iirc the Helm of Balduran.  There should be a post around here somewhere detailing the order of preference of item transferance.  It is http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?topic=16745.0  Post #19 has the list of items that may transfer.

Offline J-P

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2004, 05:40:00 AM »
I don't know about the English one, but in the German versions, BG1 sounds were considerably louder than those of BG2. As the main character's voice comes from the BG2 selection, but the NPCs use BG1 resources, I guess you're experiencing similar behaviour.

Thanks to reply.
Right, BG1 sounds are also considerably louder than those of BG2 in my French version.
I really want to override BG1 sounds over those of BG2 but I didn't know which files  :'(.

PS Kabuki : Thank you.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: