Author Topic: Anomen's inexpert nipple tweaking  (Read 22276 times)

Eral

Anomen's inexpert nipple tweaking
« on: September 25, 2004, 07:58:51 PM »
Despite the risk of salacious replies, I am posting this.

Can anyone be an expert at nipples? I think you can be experienced, inexperienced, confident, clumsy, rough, gentle, hesitant, passionate - but not expert/inexpert.

It's not like we're talking about keys on a keyboard or handling a gearstick. It's a romance mod, after all.

Offline Slumlord

• Cheese Pants King
  • Planewalker
  • Happy Christmas an' Merry New Year to ya!
Re: Anomen's inexpert nipple tweaking
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2004, 12:32:01 AM »
Ain'tNoMan and nipple tweaking?

(shudder)

That's just plain creepy.
Check it out my friend!  Bling-bling!

Offline Bronwyn

• Planewalker
  • Ilyena Sunhair
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2004, 10:33:46 AM »
I think you can be an expert at the *ahem* tweaking  of a certain persons nipples and once you've reached expert status with that one person why would you want to be an expert at tweaking someone elses? that might get your nipple tweaking privilages revoked...

The fearsome undead hunter commonly referred to as "Pumpkin"..... also sometimes known as Ilyena...

Eral

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2004, 06:54:49 PM »
That's when I think you would be described as an experienced nipple tweaker, rather than an expert.

Offline JPS

• Out of order
  • Planewalker
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2004, 08:35:58 PM »
If I had known this morning that I was going to post in a thread about Anomen and nipples before the end of the day, I probably would have stayed in bed, but here we go:

Using the word 'inexpert' to describe Anomen's nipple tweaking doesn't really imply that there are people who are experts at tweaking nipples, or even that it''s possible to fully master such an esoteric subject, it only means he's not doing such a great job.

'Inexpert' isn't necessarily the opposite of 'expert', it can also mean 'lacking in skill' or 'inexperienced', and in this case (if the actual phrase "inexpert nipple tweaking" comes straight from the mod, that is. I've never flirted with Anomen myself) it sounds a lot better than either of the other alternatives would. So I'd say 'inexpert' is perfectly fine (except possibly for poor <charname>, but that's a different question).
"Attempts to find the gibberlings' lairs have inevitably led back to subterranean passages, where the trail is eventually lost in the deepest rock-floored recesses of the caverns."

Visit the Gibberlings Three!

Eral

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2004, 06:43:33 PM »
How do you think I feel? I started this thread. This is what happens when neither Cailean or Keto are ready, and Ghreyfain won't let me post in the nerds thread.
"Expert" suggests a degree of objectivity - excercising/implementing your knowledge and expertise to produce an outcome.
Nipples do not require expertise. Tweaking is part of a process, not a product in itself.
Both the tweakee and the tweaker are supposed to be enjoying themselves. The tweaker is not meant to be demonstrating prowess. The tweakee is not saying "Wow, what a good nipple tweaker, I'm so impressed." You don't get given points for nipple tweaking.
Thus I say again, experienced, gentle, rough - but not expert.

Offline neriana

• Planewalker
    • Darien NPC for BG2
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2004, 07:21:50 PM »
I think "rough" does sound better. Of course, this is from someone who would never let Anomen within ten feet of her PC's nipples.
The color of infinity inside an empty glass.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2004, 08:16:01 PM »
I'm reading this thread with interest, just in case anybody was wondering.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline St. Josephine

• PPG
  • Planewalker
  • The Patron Saint of Mediocrity
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2004, 09:09:48 PM »
How do you think I feel? I started this thread. This is what happens when neither Cailean or Keto are ready, and Ghreyfain won't let me post in the nerds thread.
"Expert" suggests a degree of objectivity - excercising/implementing your knowledge and expertise to produce an outcome.
Nipples do not require expertise. Tweaking is part of a process, not a product in itself.
Both the tweakee and the tweaker are supposed to be enjoying themselves. The tweaker is not meant to be demonstrating prowess. The tweakee is not saying "Wow, what a good nipple tweaker, I'm so impressed." You don't get given points for nipple tweaking.
Thus I say again, experienced, gentle, rough - but not expert.

Hmm, that's got me thinking... I wonder if points were given, would Cailean be more of an expert than Anomen?  I mean, rangers automatically get points in two-weapon proficiency and Cailean does have a higher dex.  His str is lower but nipples aren't warhammers...   ;D

Must.. not... let...self... be .. distracted... from... writing... by... nipple...tweaking... discussion...
Cailean: An archer NPC for the insatiably nosy!

Despite his heartthrob status in real life, Orlando Bloom has consistently functioned as a node of negative energy onscreen, sucking the life force out of all who surround him. --Dana Stevens, Slate.com

Offline Veloxyll

• Seeker of Shiny Things
  • Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2004, 04:34:57 AM »
Nipple Warhammers eh? Sounds like something a dwarf would wear.

Tired of never having a weapon at hand when you need one? Want to suprise guys who try to cop a feel at your local tavern?
Introducing the new NIPPLE WARHAMMER!
With solid Mithril head, the nipple warhammer is guaranteed to pack a wallop without overstressing your already weighed down back.
Call within the next 15 minutes and get a second pair FREE! So don't delay, attach warhammers to your tits today!
We're not responsible for any injuries you may sustain using our product. Warranty is for promotional purposes only. Batteries not included
Shiny things, shiny things, shiny shiny shiny things!

Eral

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2004, 08:18:45 AM »
As an admirer of off-topic posts, I want to award Veloxyll the Gold Star for Best Idea Off on a Tangent. 
If someone could make an appropriate icon, I would appreciate it.

I would just like to say I don't want to see any nipple warhammers, as I fear they would come dangerously close to the salacious material I was concerned about originally.

St.Josephine I will be more than happy to award points to Cailean. Just as soon as he is available. (Could you get back to work, please?)

jc, you are probably the direct cause of this thread. (See note to St Josephine above.)

Offline Operadragon

• The Thundering Voice of Ages
  • Planewalker
  • The voice is a truly powerful tool...use it well.
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2004, 11:01:35 PM »
Boy, am I ever needing hip waders in this discussion....:)

Personally, I think dexterity would play a part in to what degree a person would be an "expert" in nipple-tweaking...

As some ladies are sure to back me up on this, there is DEFINITELY a clear delineation between levels of expertise in this particular activity...it probably ranges from a person who doesn't know how to apply proper stimulus to each "target area," to a person who causes certain positive reactions when they apply a particular level of expertise, ranging all the way up to a person who can bring the person he/she whose nipples are being tweaked to orgasm....thus the pinnacle of expertise in nipple tweaking!

*my two pence*

Opera
Operadragon

Voice For Hire, LLC

<Operadragon> I think you're cute.
<St. Josephine> I think you're drunk.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2004, 11:17:11 PM »
I now see what my true legacy in the CRPG genre will be.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Eral

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2004, 03:23:57 AM »
jc, you're still young. Your best work may yet be ahead of you.

Opera, I'm fairly sure you need to tweak a different part of a person's anatomy to achieve the effect you speak of. Shere Hite and Johnson and Johnson(19-?) bear me out on this.
This alleged orgasm by nipple tweaking I believe to be the invention of someone who wanted to set impossibly high standards for everyone and thus take a lot of the fun out of the activity as we all become either nervous or disappointed. Sounds like a clever Popish plot if you ask me.

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2004, 05:48:19 AM »
i just tried tweaking my nipples but i didnt get an orgasm what am i doing wrong please???

Offline St. Josephine

• PPG
  • Planewalker
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2004, 09:41:51 AM »
i just tried tweaking my nipples but i didnt get an orgasm what am i doing wrong please???

I guess I know what's not included in Ding0's Tweak Pack... expertise.  :P

Despite his heartthrob status in real life, Orlando Bloom has consistently functioned as a node of negative energy onscreen, sucking the life force out of all who surround him. --Dana Stevens, Slate.com

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2004, 10:05:11 AM »

Do you have patch 462.1b?
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline neriana

• Planewalker
    • Darien NPC for BG2
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2004, 03:50:02 PM »

Opera, I'm fairly sure you need to tweak a different part of a person's anatomy to achieve the effect you speak of. Shere Hite and Johnson and Johnson(19-?) bear me out on this.

Masters and Johnson. Johnson and Johnson sells baby oil. ;)
The color of infinity inside an empty glass.

Offline Bons

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Glad Corvis Isn't Dead Club
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2004, 05:18:28 PM »
Sounds like a clever Popish plot if you ask me.

Inexpert nipple-tweaker.
Newt had always suspected that people who regularly used the word "community" were using it in a very specific sense that excluded him and everyone he knew.

--Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, "Good Omens"

Eral

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2004, 08:17:45 PM »

Masters and Johnson. Johnson and Johnson sells baby oil. ;)

;D Oops! No wonder I couldn't find it anywhere when I was looking for the right date.

St Josephine and Bons, I think it's clear now we are talking about dexterity, not expertise.
In which case the word would be clumsy.

You don't want to give him a complex, do you? Think how hard that would be to explain to a shrink.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2004, 08:22:14 PM by Eral »

Offline St. Josephine

• PPG
  • Planewalker
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2004, 09:05:07 PM »
St Josephine and Bons, I think it's clear now we are talking about dexterity, not expertise.
In which case the word would be clumsy.

You don't want to give him a complex, do you? Think how hard that would be to explain to a shrink.

Clumsy will do nicely, I think.  Although, I do believe most nipple tweaking inadequacies can be remedied by practice, practice, practice!  ;)

Offline Operadragon

• The Thundering Voice of Ages
  • Planewalker
  • The voice is a truly powerful tool...use it well.
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2004, 09:30:00 PM »
*PC tweaking nipples*
DM: Looks like it's time to roll a Dex check...
*PC rolls d20*
DM & PC: :o
PC: Wow! a natural 20! Now I roll again since I just threatened a critical!
DM: Now you have to roll at least a 15 to have the *ahem* desired effect!
*PC rolls d20*
 :o
DM: Holy $h*t! Another natural 20!
PC: Does that mean she just had an orgasm?  8)
DM: ..........Well..........I would have to say yes.................
PC: WOOHOO!!

Operadragon

Voice For Hire, LLC

<Operadragon> I think you're cute.
<St. Josephine> I think you're drunk.

Offline Pirengle

• Spoony Bard
  • Planewalker
  • Why do people always steal my taglines? WHY?!
    • Pirengle's Soundsets
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2004, 10:53:04 PM »
Yee ha, a thread that can drag me away from my thesis.

All nipples aside, I think the problem lay with the tweaking inexpertly. While it sounds weird, the word is a damn near perfect fit. "Inexpertly" means to perform without skill, which is exactly what Anomen lacks in this matter. Also, it's a perfect word to describe the actions of a pompous twit.

Though I'd be remiss if I didn't root for a flirt that gave him practice. ^_^

EDIT: Just thought of something.

I don't know if this was intentional or not, but many of Anomen's flirts center around what a man is "supposed" to do for a woman he courts. And sleeps with. He gets surprised when <CHARNAME> breaks from that tradition and does silly romantic things he doesn't expect. A straw poll of (highly bemused and confused) male Diablo/Warcraft/Starcraft players confirm that a) girl nipples are nifty and b) they are designed apparently to be tweaked and c) they all (but one) think it's a Thing To Do.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2004, 10:58:02 PM by Pirengle »
I've given up on the light of good.

Eral

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2004, 12:59:57 AM »
I restate my belief that nipples do not require skill, and that inexpert is the wrong word.
How many minutes a day would be recommended for practice? What is the outcome to be achieved by the expert?
"Excuse me, I need to develop my nipple tweaking skills. Would you mind?" Don't use that one as a pick-up, unless you want to be slapped.

Operadragon, tell me one person you know who could achieve that result in real life.
Although I clearly overlooked the potential of P&P in my youth.

Offline Veloxyll

• Seeker of Shiny Things
  • Planewalker
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2004, 03:52:28 AM »
"Excuse me, I need to develop my nipple tweaking skills. Would you mind?" Don't use that one as a pick-up, unless you want to be slapped.
I am so using that if I actually go out saturday :D
Shiny things, shiny things, shiny shiny shiny things!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: