Author Topic: oasis idea  (Read 4773 times)

Offline shnurple

• Planewalker
    • Shnurple.com
oasis idea
« on: September 23, 2004, 10:54:46 PM »
the oasis plot always lacked flexibility, and while Ding0's mod added a bit more storyline, i was continually left wondering at the Tethyrian royal families involvement. i think a good idea for a mod would be exploring that involvement, probably with new maps, to create a whole new quest based upon tethyr's interests. During the plot you could include Jaheira's past, as she mentions how she was displaced by the troubles in tethyr, and the possibilities continue. my modding skills are pretty much non-existent, except for area creation, so it would be great if someone followed this up in a new mod for TOB.
http://shnurple.com - save us...

Offline fallen demon

• Planewalker
Re: oasis idea
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2004, 07:43:07 PM »
might be mistaken, but i think one or two of loi's quests were tackaling this.
"I choose to believe what I was programed to believe."
Futurama quotes rock

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2004, 11:44:05 AM »
While I'm not averse to adding extra content within the Oasis area (for example, the dialogue of the individual soldiers might be expanded, giving more motivation to take the peaceful solution), adding extensive quests or new areas is really beyond the scope of the mod. I do believe LoI is planning to add some further Tethyrian intrigue though, yes.

Offline NiGHTMARE

• Idiot
  • Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2004, 11:57:51 AM »
We're not really planning to do anything related to the Tethyrian royalty in LoI, but there will be two new Tethyrian towns.  One will contain a large number of Tethyrian troops, while the other has been occupied by a group of fanatical Bane-worshippers called the Knights of the Black Gauntlet.  You'll be able to chose which group to side with (if either).
« Last Edit: September 30, 2004, 12:02:21 PM by NiGHTMARE »
The Gibberlings Three - home to the BG1 NPC Project, BG2 Tweak Pack, Divine Remix, GemRB, Lands of Intrigue, Song & Silence, and many more!

Offline shnurple

• Planewalker
    • Shnurple.com
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2004, 03:31:55 AM »
thanks for letting me know. i look forward to seeing that new tethyrian mod.

Offline shnurple

• Planewalker
    • Shnurple.com
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2004, 03:45:53 AM »
Anyway, i have a couple of things to say on the tethyr quests idea:
-firstly, where's the home of the LoI mod? because i haven't come across it in my surfing
-secondly, what style are is going to be used for the towns in the mod? because I'm considering working on the mod myself, and i'd like to begin with creating the area, and i wouldn't want to add egyptian mud brick housing, when there's been gothic used for the LoI mod.

Offline NiGHTMARE

• Idiot
  • Planewalker
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2004, 07:56:12 AM »
LoI's home is over at the Gibberlings 3.  If you've never been there before, there are lots of other great mods there besides LoI, many of which are already finished and available for download :).

As for architectural style, I believe Tethyrian buildings usually have a sort of spanish-esque look.  However, there are hints of arabian style mixed in with that (particularly in the southern most area), since Tethyr was once part of an empire that spread from Calimshan, the country directly to the south.  In the nothermost parts of the country, there may be the odd English-medieval style building, and around the forest of Tethyr there are undoubtedly some elvish influences.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2004, 04:05:20 PM by NiGHTMARE »
The Gibberlings Three - home to the BG1 NPC Project, BG2 Tweak Pack, Divine Remix, GemRB, Lands of Intrigue, Song & Silence, and many more!

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2004, 08:15:52 AM »
Anyway, i have a couple of things to say on the tethyr quests idea:
-firstly, where's the home of the LoI mod? because i haven't come across it in my surfing
-secondly, what style are is going to be used for the towns in the mod? because I'm considering working on the mod myself, and i'd like to begin with creating the area, and i wouldn't want to add egyptian mud brick housing, when there's been gothic used for the LoI mod.

If you are offering help with area are then NiGHTMARE, Corradun and myself would be delighted to see some examples of your work. :)
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline shnurple

• Planewalker
    • Shnurple.com
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2004, 03:54:37 PM »
Thanks for the info. I've been to G3 heaps of times but i don't remember seeing that mod in development. Shmeh :P
Anyways, i'll be sure to give you some examples of my areas, once i've started the arabic/spanish thingo :P i was thinking it would have some Calimshite aspects, but didn't really know how to interpret that. I'll give it a go

Offline shnurple

• Planewalker
    • Shnurple.com
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2004, 10:10:13 PM »
i had a look at LoI over at G3, and i have to say it looks great. Will there be a good or neutral clergy trying to guide you as well as loviator and talona?
and umm....................WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR INFO? all the towns etc. that you know about. where do you look to find info like that?

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2004, 10:36:23 PM »
I think Loviatar/Talona was going to be for ToB, and we picked them as they were Bhaal's subordinates. There will be stuff involving other deities, too, but that particular one was one of NiGHTMARE's larger ToB quest ideas. :)

Info we get from Forgotten Realms sourcebooks.

If you've any more questions then it might be better to post at G3, since this is the House of Sim forum and all. ;)
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline shnurple

• Planewalker
    • Shnurple.com
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2004, 04:02:14 AM »
True, i do seem to have invaded. :P
sorry simDing0

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: