• The Fields of the Dead
Re: FAQ
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2006, 01:57:35 PM »
What do you mean?

-Echon

K'

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2006, 10:11:34 PM »
You mentioned fixing Firebead to casting spells he can actually cast. Well, before you leave Candlekeep Gorion casts Cure Light Wounds on you (I assume to prevent some sort of error where the main character dies in the middle of the action sequence, I have yet to test this, I think I'll do that now; just to see what happens), obviously, unless Gorion has priest levels that i'm unaware of he shouldn't be able to do this. This is what I meant by "Does that apply to Gorion to?".

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2006, 08:39:22 AM »
You are right, the PC may die if Gorion does not cure him. As far as I recall he does not appear in P&P so he may have some priest levels.

-Echon

Well?

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2006, 12:48:33 AM »
Is a restart necessary after upgrading from v1.04 to v1.05? At the moment im continuing my current game and the changes to the Armor spell are not showing up in the spell description... it just says 1 hour/level.

Also should i have done a clean install? or is an uninstall~reinstall ok?

Well?

« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2006, 01:12:26 AM »
Is a restart necessary after upgrading from v1.04 to v1.05? At the moment im continuing my current game and the changes to the Armor spell are not showing up in the spell description... it just says 1 hour/level.

Nevermind that, seems to have fixed itself.

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2006, 03:59:11 AM »
You do not really need to restart. Only areas and stores you have already visited will remain the same.

-Echon

Offline WizWom

• Wandering Kernel of Happiness
  • Planewalker
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2006, 11:43:02 AM »
The most disappointing Item in BG1 ws the Wand of missiles; which should cast magic missile at Level 8, right?  Oddly, no; the wand is describes as having a maximum of 2 missiles, which would be level 3.
If you aren't happy, it's not my fault.

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2006, 12:57:32 PM »
No. In P&P it can either discharge 1 or 2 missiles per round using an equal number of charges. I settled for 2 and halved the amount of charges.

-Echon

SoulSeeker

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2006, 10:55:41 AM »
@Echon
I'd like to translate Your mod into polish, but as far as I know, it has no *.tra files, so translating it won't be so easy. I would be grateful if You'll release the mod with *.tra files (I would understand if You don't have any time or desire for that).

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2006, 03:28:24 PM »
A translation would be great. :) It is correct that the mod does not come with a TRA at the moment but I do in fact have one which I got some guy who began translating the mod to German. You can find it attached to this post.

-Echon

Offline Jarin

• Wanderer
  • Planewalker
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2008, 06:28:57 AM »
You are right, the PC may die if Gorion does not cure him. As far as I recall he does not appear in P&P so he may have some priest levels.

-Echon

Or, he might be a cChosen of Mystra. Elminster knew him, and Khelben Blackstaff Udunsen spoke of him as an equal (as Imoen mentions in the first chapter of BG2).

But on the "Gorion" issue. It appears as... weird to me that a "Great" mage is just level 7 or 8 (because if he was higher, 5 magic missiles would leave his fingertips instead of 4). Could this be fixed to make him look even more cool?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: