Author Topic: General Information  (Read 3867 times)

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
General Information
« on: September 07, 2004, 09:33:06 AM »
The primary aim of this mod is to correct as many aspects of the game as possible according to AD&D 2E rules. This affects the NPCs, creatures, items, spells and rules of the game. Engine limitations prevent some of these rules from being implemented, however.

The AI of the entire game will be given a massive overhaul in order to increase the difficulty. Specifically, enemy NPCs use unique scripts instead of a few shared scripts. As the XP cap has been raised, a couple of fights towards the end of the game will be made harder to provide a challenge for the party.

This mod also features new content in addition to changes to the existing game. New spells for wizards and priests, new magical and mundane items, and new creatures are all fully integrated into the game. The enemies you meet will make use of the new spells and items and you should expect to encounter new creatures in the existing areas. Note that while the selection of magical items has increased the amount of magical items has decreased.

Although the quests and the plot of the game remain the same the environment has undergone some changes to prevent metagaming. Expect traps to be relocated, new traps where none were before, magical items to appear in different parts of the game and so forth.

Finally, the mod introduces three new areas to the worldmap. These will contain a number of larger quests, but a few smaller ones will also be available from the existing areas. Similar to the TotSC expansion, these areas can be visited at any time and all the quests are optional.

http://echon.cyg.dk/bgmod

-Echon
« Last Edit: November 25, 2004, 11:15:36 AM by Echon »

Offline Reverendratbastard

• Perfunctory Psychopomp
  • Planewalker
  • "to keep my metaphysics warm" -T.S.Eliot
Re: General Information
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2004, 03:02:02 PM »

1) am i going to kick myself for asking where the title comes from?

2) what was your inspiration for the title?
the lord of murder shall perish, yadda yadda yadda.

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2004, 05:10:41 PM »
In the Forgotten Realms the area north of Baldur's Gate is called The Fields of the Dead. I knew from the beginning that I wanted to implement quests that took place in this area and I also thought it was a great name for the mod. However, in the beginning the mod's full title was Baldur's Gate Classic: The Fields of the Dead. I changed my mind later on and decided to shorten it. Everybody called it The Fields of the Dead anyway.

-Echon

Offline Reverendratbastard

• Perfunctory Psychopomp
  • Planewalker
  • "to keep my metaphysics warm" -T.S.Eliot
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2004, 05:23:39 PM »
  that geography sounds like a good excuse for the zombies in the northernmost farm (non-totsc) (questioned somewhere else in this forum, i believe).  maybe the speculated intern was a diehard pnp-er.  :D
the lord of murder shall perish, yadda yadda yadda.

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2004, 03:32:43 AM »
Yes, either that or they were running out of ideas at the end of the production of TotSC and decided to make the most boring quest ever. ;)

-Echon

Offline Mageling

• Lord of Murder
  • Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2004, 01:53:54 PM »
In the Forgotten Realms the area north of Baldur's Gate is called The Fields of the Dead. I knew from the beginning that I wanted to implement quests that took place in this area and I also thought it was a great name for the mod. However, in the beginning the mod's full title was Baldur's Gate Classic: The Fields of the Dead. I changed my mind later on and decided to shorten it. Everybody called it The Fields of the Dead anyway.

-Echon

yeah, i rememberd you made a poll about this on the old forums  :P
this name sounds better anyways  ;)
(http://img57.exs.cx/img57/8242/Killuasig.jpg)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: