Author Topic: Ascension with "original" baalspawn?  (Read 2917 times)

Offline cabron

• Planewalker
Ascension with "original" baalspawn?
« on: August 26, 2004, 03:21:34 AM »
Hey,
Beign a hardcore bum like most of the users of this forum I had to beat Throne of Baal with the modified versions of the Five, but now a friend of mine, hearing my praise for Ascension, wants to give it a go, but I pretty sure he´s going to get his butt kicked, because he barely made the end of Shadows of Amn...so, the install program asks if you want to install the ascension mod, and after that it individualy ask if you want to install the modified version of each of the Five...so that means that if you only install the ascension mod, but not the tougher baalspawn versions, you still get them in the ending but at the level they were originaly released?

Offline Kish

• HEROISM OK
  • Planewalker
    • Oversight mod.
Re: Ascension with "original" baalspawn?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2004, 03:28:01 AM »
No.  David Gaider originally created Tougher versions of Ilasera, Yaga-Shura, Abazigal, Demogorgon and Balthazar.  Then he created the Ascension mod.  Wes converted all David Gaider's mods to WeiDU and chose to package them all into WeiDU Ascension, so each component was originally one of David Gaider's mods, and they don't interact.  Only the main Ascension component does anything at all with the final battle.  Tougher Yaga-Shura just affects Yaga-Shura at the siege camp, Tougher Abazigal just affects Abazigal in his lair, and so on.
Beauty standing amidst fiery destruction.

Offline cabron

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2004, 03:47:51 AM »
Would it be possible to have a modified version of Ascension with the Five with their original power level?

Offline DevilishPope

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2004, 04:16:54 AM »
Yes, but it would take abit o'work and WeiDU knowledge.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2004, 04:22:44 AM by DevilishPope »

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: