Author Topic: BG1Tutu on a minimum install of BG2  (Read 1975 times)

Offline Lu-Tze

• Planewalker
BG1Tutu on a minimum install of BG2
« on: August 25, 2004, 08:39:59 AM »
I installed Tutu for the first time, ever. First impression is: WOW!  :o

This is the scenario:
BG1+TotSC (full install) + off. patch + baldurdash + dialog fix
BG2 SoA (minimum install, no ToB) + off. patch + baldurdash + dialog fix
BG1Tutu
Tutufix + Tututweaks + BG2 Sharpshooter kit + SP Kit Collection (+ I tried Druidic Sorcerer kit, but that requires ToB and refused to install)

Tutu installed without errors on this. I started it, and it seems to run the prologue + start of CHP1 correctly. Map seems to work, though location icons are grey (if I remember correctly, BG1 had black outlined icons). I only played for about 20mins - just flashed through a few locations. It was smooth, no crashes...

I was really expecting unsuccessful installation, since the readme states "at least a recommended BG2 installation".
I wonder, what are my chances of finishing the game with this installation?

Hats off for Tutu:
WOW! This is great work. This is something that Black Isle (R.I.P.) should have done, themselves. BG2 became immortal as soon as it was released. This gives the same immortality to BG1. Actually, there IS no "BG1 and BG2" anymore - only BG!  ;D

btw.
Forgive my ignorance, but does "Tutu" have a meaning or is it just something that popped into author's mind when naming this project?

OFF TOPIC:
I don't know if anyone tried the "Sharpshooter" kit, but I'll ask anyway... Uhm... What's the "advantage" of being able to place 2 points into "Two Handed Weapon Style" slot if it has no effect on ranged weapons and Sharpshooter can't use Two-Handed swords?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2004, 12:27:22 PM by Lu-Tze »

Offline Kish

• HEROISM OK
  • Planewalker
    • Oversight mod.
Re: BG1Tutu on a minimum install of BG2
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2004, 05:08:48 PM »
OFF TOPIC:
I don't know if anyone tried the "Sharpshooter" kit, but I'll ask anyway... Uhm... What's the "advantage" of being able to place 2 points into "Two Handed Weapon Style" slot if it has no effect on ranged weapons and Sharpshooter can't use Two-Handed swords?
It works with all two-handed melee weapons, not just two-handed swords.
Beauty standing amidst fiery destruction.

Offline Lu-Tze

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2004, 02:54:11 AM »
It works with all two-handed melee weapons, not just two-handed swords.

Yes, yes... My mistake... Though, it still feels out of flavor to see Sharpshooter beat people around with his overtrained staff skills.  :)

Anyway, about that minimum BG2 install... Hmmm, this seems to work.
If anyone ventures to do this, make sure BG2 CD2 is in your drive when you run the conversion. If it's not, the conversion will display an ignore/cancel/retry dialog. In that case, just put that CD in drive and hit "retry".

Are there any crucial files for Tutu on CDs 3, 4 and ToB that will brake the game later on (if missing)?

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2004, 03:57:44 PM »
Forgive my ignorance, but does "Tutu" have a meaning or is it just something that popped into author's mind when naming this project?

Baldur's Gate One to Two.  Tutu.  Geddit?  Har har har. :)
Earn Money Sleeping.

sheol16

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2004, 08:38:34 PM »
hah, you're a riot

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: