Author Topic: minimum installs  (Read 2073 times)

sheol16

minimum installs
« on: August 26, 2004, 08:42:16 PM »
I have very little disc space, and tutu says it requires a full install of both BG1 and BG2, why is this, and is it possible to modify it to less than full installs will work

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
Re: minimum installs
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2004, 09:53:35 PM »
There is some evidence that a minimum install of SoA/ToB may work, but the person trying that hasn't gone too far into the game for us to know for sure.

As for BG1/TotSC, yes, you need a full install.  If you have the 5-CD set, this means selecting "custom" and checking all the boxes available.
Earn Money Sleeping.

sheol16

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2004, 10:39:45 PM »
bummer

Offline Lu-Tze

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2004, 11:56:44 AM »
BG1(+TotSC) full install is needed for obvious reasons. But...
Maybe, just maybe you could dump the movies from install and still have a working conversion. If you do this, I assume you'll also have to disable the movies in BG2 "baldur.ini".

As for BG2...
I made a minimum ("compact") installation, without ToB. To run Tutu conversion on this, your BG2 CD2 has to be in drive. It *seems* to work. But, keep in mind that I only checked that first map after Gorion/Sarevok fight and Friendly Arm Inn. Encounters were fine, no crashes.

One would think that even the minimum install would copy the *entire* engine to the disk, leaving various items/maps/movies/non-engine files on CDs 2-4. <-- Qualifying for Tutu requirements?
Hmmm... I checked tutu's log file and there were a bunch of "failed"/"resource not found" messages. I take it as a bad sign. heh :-)
Since the following might be "minimum install" related and I'm too lazy to make a new thread:

As I recall, wasn't there a movie when you enter "Friendly Arm Inn" in BG1? I don't mean the one when you enter the *map* (this one played ok). I mean the one where you climb the stairs to the inn - it didn't play.
So, is it a Tutu's or Lu-Tze's bug? :-)

One more thing...
That first map (CHP1), after Gorion fight... The creature spawns seem weird:
I cleared the map from those Gibbies and Wolfies. Because of those 2 Dread Wolfs (2x 650 xp), I leveled up (Thief - Sharpshooter kit mod). And then, on the same map (no resting or leaving the map), I encountered more Gibbies and Wolfies (and those 2 Dread Wolfs) in the same places. In no time, with lots of running and "arrowing" and two haste potions (i took/stole one from Imoen and one from Xzar before ditching them) I reached level 4 (!). I'm one of those players that linger on the map until it's 100% explored and clean from all "dirt". :-) But, this was a "neverending story"...
I don't remember it like this from BG1, so I take it as a Tutu thing.

Offline Kish

• HEROISM OK
  • Planewalker
    • Oversight mod.
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2004, 12:08:19 PM »
As I recall, wasn't there a movie when you enter "Friendly Arm Inn" in BG1? I don't mean the one when you enter the *map* (this one played ok). I mean the one where you climb the stairs to the inn -
No.
Beauty standing amidst fiery destruction.

Offline Lu-Tze

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2004, 12:28:29 PM »
As I recall, wasn't there a movie when you enter "Friendly Arm Inn" in BG1? I don't mean the one when you enter the *map* (this one played ok). I mean the one where you climb the stairs to the inn -
No.

A memory remnant from another life, then... :-)

I like it better when I'm in error, not Tutu.  8)

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: