Author Topic: The whole thing  (Read 1992 times)

Offline Lu-Tze

• Planewalker
The whole thing
« on: August 21, 2004, 03:58:37 AM »
Hi all.
I haven't played this for a long time. Now I plan to revisit "the whole thing"... :-)

I will use Tutu and I have some questions about it...

It's really cool to be able to play kits from Candlekeep. I wonder, if I install kit mods for BG2, will those be playable with Tutu?

When I export the character (from Tutu game), which format is it in (BG1 or BG2)?
I allways like to tweak/customize characters (specially appearance), so I wonder if it's still possible (ShadowKeeper/GateKeeper?) after installing Tutu?

I'm also looking for some good NPC and Quest type mods that _blend_ into the game and work with Tutu.

Tnx

Offline CamDawg

• Infidel
  • Planewalker
  • Dreaming of a red Xmas
    • The Gibberlings Three
Re: The whole thing
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2004, 06:20:37 AM »
It's really cool to be able to play kits from Candlekeep. I wonder, if I install kit mods for BG2, will those be playable with Tutu?
Most, if not all. Some are built with Tutu compatibiliy in mind, so those ones will definitely work.

When I export the character (from Tutu game), which format is it in (BG1 or BG2)?
I allways like to tweak/customize characters (specially appearance), so I wonder if it's still possible (ShadowKeeper/GateKeeper?) after installing Tutu?
BG2 format, and Shadowkeeper will work.

I'm also looking for some good NPC and Quest type mods that _blend_ into the game and work with Tutu.
If installed prior to conversion, any normal BG1 mod should work. There are a handful of quest and NPC mods being built specifically for Tutu; try taking a look at at the PPG Tutu Enhancements page for a list of completed mods built just for it.
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

Offline Lu-Tze

• Planewalker
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2004, 05:04:27 AM »
Tnx for reply. I have a followup question...

As I understand it, the installation orders is: games/patches/tlk mods/weidu mods/Tutu (?)

I'm unsure, should I install BG2 Kit mods prior to Tutu or after?

A bit off topic:
"Druidic Sorcerer" and "Sharpshooter" kits look interesting (and potentially unbalanced?). Has anyone tried them out?

Offline CamDawg

• Infidel
  • Planewalker
  • Dreaming of a red Xmas
    • The Gibberlings Three
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2004, 06:21:59 AM »
Go with this order:

BG1 (full install) + TotSC (if available) + any official patches required
BG1 fixpacks (i.e. Baldurdash, Dudleyville)
BG1 mods
BG2 + ToB (if available) + any official patches needed
BG2 fixpacks (i.e. Baldurdash)

Run Tutu conversion

Tutu Fixpack
Mods for BG2 or Tutu, i.e. kit mods, Tutu Tweaks, Mur'Neth, Indira, BG1 NPC, etc.
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: