Author Topic: problem completing Shadow Thieves  (Read 5877 times)

Offline Hendryk

• Planewalker
problem completing Shadow Thieves
« on: August 16, 2004, 01:04:56 PM »
Loaded V1 & betrayed Renal.  Then CLUA'd to Chapter 6 to complete this mod.  I talked to MaeVar and then Larell, who told me to go kill Aran.  I agreed.  None of the ST's were hostile on the two levels below except for the new placements by the mod.  When I reached Aran, I killed the one hostile mage and got Aran's first line "Come for me, have you...etc" which is what I should have gotten with DOMaevar set to 10.  However, Aran and his cronies stayed blue.  If I talked to him again, I got the "give me help with Bodhi" dialogue.  If I force attack and kill him, everyone goes hostile - including Larell and his men!  If I kill all of them and return to MaeVar, he has nothing to say to me.

Is there a way out of this impasse?

Offline Hendryk

• Planewalker
Re: problem completing Shadow Thieves
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2004, 05:41:44 AM »
Hmmm.  Was my previous post unclear?  About having a problem with the Shadow Thieves that I would like to resolve but can't?

Or is "No Answer" just the answer here?

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2004, 08:06:28 AM »
Oops, sorry! I'm looking into this at the moment, but I think I must've been drunk or high or something when I coded this, because it's just a complete disaster. If you need an immediate solution, I imagine I can provide you with some variables to set to make things work vaguely sensibly; if the worst comes to the worst, however, I might need a savegame to fix up. It'll definintely be fixed in the next release if time isn't an issue, however.

Offline Hendryk

• Planewalker
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2004, 05:12:21 PM »
Well, as I tried to explain, the variable when I arrived at Aran's office was correct and I did get his first line of mod dialogue.    Then the game seemed to ignore the mod entirely.

An immediate fix is unnecessary because my save game is still in chapter 2, just before I changed the chapter to get the first messenger to appear.  So if you'd like a guinea pig for the fix, I'm ready to go on that.

Offline SimDing0™

• Back In Black
  • Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Word Enhancer
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2004, 06:13:05 AM »
Right, I'll send a beta of QP2 your way when it's ready, if that's okay.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: