Author Topic: Archived Posts - Translations and Translation-Related Bugs  (Read 41175 times)

Offline Graoumf

• Planewalker
Re: Translation issues (from Re: Bug reports - v15)
« Reply #125 on: June 21, 2006, 03:53:33 AM »
Yeah I've got it ! I proofread it and send it to you tomorrow. :)

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
Translators: 3 strings for you...
« Reply #126 on: July 16, 2006, 04:34:40 PM »
I could use the following 3 strings translated into the usual languages for the next version of UB, if people could oblige. :) The second two may be either in BG1, or very similar to existing BG1 strings, which might save a little time.

Code: [Select]
~Restored Importing Of BG1 Items~
~Mace +2 : 'Krotan's Skullcrusher'
Even the hordes have their heroes, and while they are vilified in civilized company, their deeds are sometimes impressive nonetheless. Krotan was an exceptionally intelligent orc, as far as orcs go, who commanded an ever-shifting legion of ogres, orcs, hobgoblins, and other assorted beasties during the Year of the Lost Lady, 1241DR. It was in this year that a group of orc bandits allegedly kidnapped and killed a Tethyrian noblewoman, and the response from authorities was a genocidal slaughter of orcs throughout the south in her memory. Krotan mounted a defense that ensured his people were not entirely destroyed; though they were displaced. Krotan himself fell near the end of the conflict, and his head was mounted outside the graveyard where the young lady was buried. As a point of interest, orcs called this time the "Year of Pushing Too Far."

STATISTICS:

Damage: 1D6 + 3
THAC0: +2
Damage type: crushing
Weight: 7
Speed Factor: 5
Proficiency Type: Mace
Type: 1-handed
Requires: 10 Strength
Not Usable By:
Druid
Mage
Thief
Monk
Beast Master~

Magical slings are the hallmark of stout halfling warriors.  Usually their mothers or a talented aunt will create such a sling for the halfling lad or lass who is about to embark on their second great adventure.  The reason that the sling is given on the second adventure and not the first is that many halflings decide not to pursue the life of an adventurer after getting a taste of it.

STATISTICS:

THAC0: +3 bonus
Damage: +3 (missile damage)
Weight: 0
Speed Factor: 3
Proficiency Type: Sling
Type: 1-handed
Requires: 3 Strength
Not Usable By:
Kensai
Cavalier
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline yarpen

• Planewalker
Re: Translators: 3 strings for you...
« Reply #127 on: July 21, 2006, 04:05:07 AM »
It is going to setup.tra?

Offline yarpen

• Planewalker
Re: 2 lines need translating...
« Reply #128 on: July 21, 2006, 04:06:49 AM »
@811  = ~To nie jest Dzielnica Rządowa! Niziołek musiał pomylić coś z zaklęciu.-~
@812  = ~Zaczekaj <CHARNAME>! Minsc sądzi że słyszy kroki śmierdzącego zła w krzakach! Albo je czuje!
Którego zmysłu by nie używał, Minsc sądzi że powinniśmy przygotować się na bitwę!~

Borsook you forgot 2 letters :)

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • Planewalker
« Reply #129 on: July 21, 2006, 11:36:33 AM »
Yes.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline Isaya

• Planewalker
« Reply #130 on: August 04, 2006, 11:32:34 AM »
Hi Andyr,

Here is for French:

~Restauration de l'importation des objets de BG1~

~Masse +2 : " Brisecrâne de Krotan "
Même les hordes ont leurs héros et, s'ils sont peu appréciés dans les sociétés civilisées, certains de leurs faits d'armes n'en sont pas moins impressionnants. Krotan, un orque d'une intelligence exceptionnelle pour sa race, commandait une légion formée d'ogres, d'orques, de hobgobelins et autres créatures du même type pendant l'Année de la Dame Morte, 1241. Cette année-là, un groupe de bandits orques aurait kidnappé et tué une femme de la noblesse téthyrienne, et en guise de représailles, les autorités massacrèrent tous les orques vivant dans le sud. Krotan organisa des forces de défense pour protéger son peuple qui, déjà chassé de ses terres, était menacé d'anéantissement. Krotan lui-même tomba dans les derniers jours du conflit et sa tête fut exposée à l'extérieur du cimetière où était enterrée la jeune femme. Fait intéressant, les orques appelèrent cette période " l'Année des Abus ".

PARAMETRES :

Dégâts : 1D6 + 3
TAC0 : +2
Type de dégâts : contondant
Poids : 7
Facteur de vitesse : 5
Type de compétence : masse
Type : arme à 1 main
Force nécessaire : 10
Non utilisable par :
 Druide
 Mage
 Voleur
 Moine
 Belluaire~

~Les frondes magiques sont les armes préférées des guerriers petites-gens. Elles sont généralement fabriquées par la mère ou la tante du jeune aventurier, qui leur fournissent une telle arme à l'occasion de leur deuxième 'sortie'. Il faut en effet savoir que nombreux sont les jeunes à abandonner la carrière d'aventurier après leur première tentative.

PARAMETRES :

TAC0 : +3
Dégâts : +3 (projectiles)
Poids : 0
Facteur de vitesse : 3
Type de compétence : Fronde
Type : arme à 1 main
Force nécessaire : 3
Inutilisable par :
 Kensai
 Cavalier~

For lazy translators like me, you can find the 2nd string in BG1 at position 23967 (identical description, slightly modified stats) and the 3rd one in BG2 at position 619 (slightly modified description, "such a sling" instead of "this sling", slightly modified stats).

Offline Graoumf

• Planewalker
Re: Translation issues (from Re: Bug reports - v15)
« Reply #131 on: May 28, 2007, 05:58:44 PM »
I know this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days (well almost one year actually !), but I would post a link to the french update of your mod ; it's the same update I send to Andyr almost one year ago (I wish to avoid a loss of this translation, we never know...)

french directory of UB-v15
All credits for this translation go to Isaya and Nicholas D. Wolfwood.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 06:43:15 AM by Graoumf »

Offline Andrea C.

• Planewalker
UB Translation
« Reply #132 on: July 17, 2007, 06:25:05 AM »
Hello everyone,

I couldn't find a thread specifically dedicated to the translation of this mod so I figured I'd start one. I'd like to translate UB (and BG1 UB) to italian: authors feel free to contact me at tempestadiossa (at) libero (dot) it (this isn't my actual email address but rather an email address I use over the boards to avoid spam; from there, I'll tell you the real one).
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 04:05:06 PM by Andrea C. »

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • Planewalker
Re: UB Translation
« Reply #133 on: July 18, 2007, 04:43:32 PM »
Hi Andrea, thanks for the offer. I'll make a note of it and try to get back to you soonish!

Offline Andrea C.

• Planewalker
« Reply #134 on: July 19, 2007, 04:49:11 AM »
Ok :)

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • Planewalker
« Reply #135 on: September 14, 2007, 11:38:09 AM »
Email sent... let me know if it doesn't arrive!

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: