Author Topic: How to reach Tales of the Sword Coast?  (Read 1972 times)

Sun

How to reach Tales of the Sword Coast?
« on: August 07, 2004, 03:59:57 PM »
I have successfully converted BG1 into BG2 engine and it finally works. I have also Tales of the SwordCoast installed. Is it possible to play this add-om without finishing the original game (like it was able in an old engine) or do I have to finish the game in order to play it? If it is possible then how do I start TotSC? - it cannot be started from the menu. thanks for the help:-)

Offline Kish

• HEROISM OK
  • Planewalker
    • Oversight mod.
Re: How to reach Tales of the Sword Coast?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2004, 04:19:12 PM »
You start it by walking to Ulgoth's Beard, the same way as in unconverted BG1.  This may require you to be in Chapter Five, I'm not sure.
Beauty standing amidst fiery destruction.

Sun

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2004, 04:46:08 AM »
Thanks for the advise;-) I will try but it will take quite long before I get to chapter 5, I've just begun...(to play it for the second time) but thanx anyway. BTW is it normal to be given ony 1 HP after starting the game and being on the 1st level, I don't remeber if it was so in the unconverted game. I only receive "bonus" hit points when I have high Constitution bonus and it seems there is no difference if I play as mage or as fighter - shouldn't there be something like 1D10 for fighters and 1D4 for mages? I know you may roll 1 even if you are a fighter but it happens always when I create a new character - it has only 1 HP in the beginning:-(

Offline Echon

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
    • The Fields of the Dead
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2004, 10:20:23 AM »
Although they were meant for parties near the end of normal BG, the new areas introduced by Tales of the Sword Coast can be reached at any time.

-Echon

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: