Author Topic: Coding question about IWG2  (Read 3848 times)

Offline Barren

• An almighty modder's sidekick!
  • Planewalker
    • Visit Ashford City!
Coding question about IWG2
« on: August 02, 2004, 12:13:21 PM »
Did you finally solve the whole "game crashes when you try to save with NPCs in your party" problem?
Quote from: talia brie
Otherwise visit the Ashford City forum and ask the mods, because Barren knows all. Barren is good. Barren is wise.

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
Re: Coding question about IWG2
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2004, 04:02:47 PM »
No, don't think he did. It works if you export them when they join then reimport though.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline Barren

• Planewalker
    • Visit Ashford City!
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2004, 06:07:35 PM »
So effectively, the only way to play IWG2 so far is either by soloing or playing in multiplayer mode?
Otherwise visit the Ashford City forum and ask the mods, because Barren knows all. Barren is good. Barren is wise.

Quazi

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2004, 10:40:27 PM »
Icewind Dale is ALWAYS in multiplayer mode.  Remember this isn't Icewind Dale 2 in Baldur's Gate 2, but rather the other way around.

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2004, 10:37:56 AM »
So effectively, the only way to play IWG2 so far is either by soloing or playing in multiplayer mode?

No, read the ReadMe... :) You can have the joinable NPCs, you just need to export then reimport them when they join.
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline DevilishPope

• Planewalker
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2004, 02:59:49 AM »
I believe this is a hardcoded limitation of the engine. At least, everyone I have talked to told me it was. Which means, unless Bioware decides to distribute the Source Code, it's irreparable, afaik.

Offline Barren

• Planewalker
    • Visit Ashford City!
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2004, 06:23:14 PM »
Can't it have to do with the other file that gets created when you add a new character to your party in IWD?

Offline DevilishPope

• Planewalker
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2004, 12:27:22 AM »
Can't it have to do with the other file that gets created when you add a new character to your party in IWD?

The .res file? Hmm. I'm not sure. I've been told its a limitation, but I'll keep that in mind and experiment abit with it.

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2004, 01:23:04 AM »
There was faint, faint hope that someone from BIS was going to try to help Wes puzzle through this issue, but it never happened. They did seem to at least confirm that it wasn't going to be easy if it was possible at all without changing the engine.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline DevilishPope

• Planewalker
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2004, 02:28:48 AM »
There was faint, faint hope that someone from BIS was going to try to help Wes puzzle through this issue, but it never happened. They did seem to at least confirm that it wasn't going to be easy if it was possible at all without changing the engine.

Hehe, fat chance of that now, since Interplay is hanging on by a thread and BIS has gone under.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: