Author Topic: Comments on "Life During Wartime"  (Read 14447 times)

Offline Regullus

• Planewalker
Re: Comments on "Life During Wartime"
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2004, 11:34:47 PM »
Really enjoyed the story. Can't believe it's over. It was nicely tied up. The epilogue had a different tone from the earlier chapters but I think it fit. A very fun ride. I will echo St Josephine and say too that I will miss Perdita.

Thanks for the fun! It was great while it lasted. ;D  Hope you post again soon, and you don't "forget" your readers for too long.

Offline Perdita

• Lost
  • Planewalker
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2004, 09:54:59 PM »

BEST IMOEN FANFIC LINE EVAR!)

That's quite a compliment.   :)

but the epilogue was so frustrating!  I don't know how to put it but it lacked "oomph" for me.  Perdita seemed a little flat; she wasn't her usual sparkling self (well, except for the hell line; that was good).

Must...resist...urge...to...rewrite.   :D
Yeah, I guess she lost some of her edge with her complacent life in Amkethran, or when she turned NG.     :'(

Still, I'll miss that crazy bard.  She was just so much fun!  :)

Really enjoyed the story. Can't believe it's over. It was nicely tied up. The epilogue had a different tone from the earlier chapters but I think it fit. A very fun ride. I will echo St Josephine and say too that I will miss Perdita.

Thanks for the fun! It was great while it lasted. ;D  Hope you post again soon, and you don't "forget" your readers for too long.

I had fun with her, too.  She's more real to me than some people are.   :o   I appreciate all the comments, and thanks for reading.  I'll have something new soon, but it will be very different (and short :D).

Cyn
« Last Edit: July 18, 2004, 10:01:40 PM by Perdita »
Ever wonder what an impulsive bard would do if she feared her boyfriend Anomen were turning back into a vampire?  No?  Well, read my new fanfic, Life During Wartime, and find out anyway.

Offline Bookwyrme

• Planewalker
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2004, 01:53:20 AM »
“What do you mean, I wasn’t kidding?”

:D 

So which of them faints this time?

I've enjoyed the story & will miss Perdita.

I don't think the calmer ending is a problem--she still sounds like Perdita (getting the ring assessed & all), and epilogues are, usually, calmer--they're sort of a sum-up & settle-down point.

Though these poor folk still have a lot to do before they can settle down.
Stop by my blog over at Bookwyrme's Lair, my collection of reviews, pictures, and general ramblings. I also review comics and books over at FanboyNation.

Offline Kirwond

• Planewalker
  • Attila the Hun with a cinnamon bun
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2004, 01:46:57 PM »
They should both faint! I can just see Bad Kitty fluttering above their prone bodies, doing that meow-squawk.  ;D

I adore Perdita's reaction to the ring. I breathe a sigh of relief knowing that she won't turn into too much of a goody-goody, and I'm sure Anomen would too if he could hear her and didn't get too offended.  ;)

I think the epilogue seemed a bit less vivid to me than other chapters because (in grand epilogue style) it had all that summing-up narrative in it. I don't mind that. Perdita still sounds like herself to me, and epilogues tend to be that way. And it had one hell of an act to follow, what with those climactic action chapters and all.

Great story, Perdita! When's the next one coming out?
"Yes, I remember Avalon," he said, "a place of silver and shade and cool waters, where the stars shone like bonfires at night and the green of day was always the green of spring. Youth, love, beauty--I knew them in Avalon. Proud steeds, bright metal, soft lips, dark ale."
--Roger Zelazny

Offline jcompton

• Niche Exploiter
  • Administrator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2004, 01:54:00 PM »
I know Perdita's got something else ready to go. In which I am given my dream job.
Cespenar says, "Kelsey and friends be at the Pocket Plane? Ohhh yesssss!" http://www.pocketplane.net

Offline Perdita

• Lost
  • Planewalker
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2004, 08:34:16 PM »
Great story, Perdita! When's the next one coming out?

I swore this would be my last fanfic, as I have "real" stories demanding my attention, but I have two more in the works, the one JC alludes to, but before that, something in a different vein--and short.  Can I say "different vein" after all the vampire foo in this one?

Thanks to everyone for the comments.   :)

Cyn
Ever wonder what an impulsive bard would do if she feared her boyfriend Anomen were turning back into a vampire?  No?  Well, read my new fanfic, Life During Wartime, and find out anyway.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
What color is grass?:
What is the seventh word in this sentence?:
What is five minus two (use the full word)?: