Author Topic: IRON MODDER 5: SEPTEMBER 19 (buildup)  (Read 10088 times)

Offline Bons

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Glad Corvis Isn't Dead Club
Re: IRON MODDER 5: SEPTEMBER 19
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2004, 09:03:36 PM »
There will never be an Iron Saint (ooh, although I do like the sound of that!  Sounds like some extremely painful Medieval torture device!)

Never say never, especially when cool titles are at stake!  :D

Accountant's Day is a day that strikes terror in the hearts of the rest of us... April 15th.  :P

Oh. Yeah. *sobs bitter jealous tears, then gives designated portion to Uncle Sam*
Newt had always suspected that people who regularly used the word "community" were using it in a very specific sense that excluded him and everyone he knew.

--Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, "Good Omens"

Offline icelus

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2004, 09:26:15 PM »
Rest assured.  The only thing that will prevent another Iron Texan victory will be the shititude of dialupness in these here parts.  I demand that IM5 be postponed until next Saturday, when I will have DSL. 
<Moongaze> Luckily BWL has a very understanding and friendly admin.

Offline Userunfriendly

• Respendent Beta Tester of Madness!
  • Planewalker
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2004, 09:32:47 PM »
Another fact that's in denial is Sim and Conrad's chance at victory.  I'm fresh and well-rested and will destroy you all.

I hope.  :pirate

Plus you have Pirate Day mojo on your side!  :'(  Why is there no Llama Day?? (http://bons.50megs.com/llamasmiley.gif) No Coffee holiday?? (http://bons.50megs.com/coffeecup.gif) No International Day of Juice!!??  (http://bons.50megs.com/juice.gif) How am I supposed to compete under these conditions?!?!?!?!

(I'm calm in the face of competition. Really.  :-yin )

i hereby declare september 19th to be llama day!!! :pirate :pirate :pirate
Jansens aren't as harmless like everybody supposes!
They got them stumpy legs and puffy potato noses!
And what's with all the turnips?
Why do they eat so much root vegetables, anyway?
Jansens, Jansens,
It must be Jansens!!!
(or it could be griffins)

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2004, 11:06:46 PM »
Rest assured.  The only thing that will prevent another Iron Texan victory will be the shititude of dialupness in these here parts.  I demand that IM5 be postponed until next Saturday, when I will have DSL. 

My plan to deny his connection is working!  :pirate

Say, Bons, what's your IP address? ;)
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline Bons

• Global Moderator
  • Planewalker
  • Glad Corvis Isn't Dead Club
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2004, 11:46:49 PM »
Ah, you are wily, Andyr, but not wily enough! I learned from the Iron Pirate's first defeat, and now I have a backup connection, plus a backup-backup connection. Not that I've planned, or anything.
Newt had always suspected that people who regularly used the word "community" were using it in a very specific sense that excluded him and everyone he knew.

--Neil Gaiman, Terry Pratchett, "Good Omens"

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2004, 12:07:56 AM »
I too have a plan, pieced together from my own experience and reconnaisance I've gathered from my enemies.

1) Do not sleep in.  Sleeping, while a preferred state of existance for your typical Ding0 (and Iron Pirate, too), is not conducive to making mods.
2) Juice is the fuel of the competent Iron Modder.  Spilling it on the keyboard in a panic optional.  Not recommended.  I don't have clumsy llama hooves, though, so this should be no problem.
3) As mentioned previously, have a connection with a backup.  If one lives two blocks from an internet cafe, use that to one's advantage.
4) Cheap gags and WeiDU time-saving commands rule the day.
5) New areas are not your friend.
6) Bribe the chairman and judges.
7) If you have a nice hat, and lose, do not give it to the victors in an attempt at being sportsmanlike.  It will only haunt you.
8 ) I must imagine the same applies for sunglasses.

And now, without further ado, I'm off to bed.  Arr!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2004, 12:11:35 AM by Ghreyfain »
Earn Money Sleeping.

Offline cliffette

• Timmins Tragic
  • Planewalker
  • I still like Neighbours
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2004, 02:25:53 AM »

Or when school holidays begin and I can stay up late for this. ;D

Accountant's Day is a day that strikes terror in the hearts of the rest of us... April 15th

Arrr... the day in which dual-classed accountant/pirates the world over begin sailing the wide accountancy..

Offline Andyr

• Dance Commander
  • PPG
  • Planewalker
    • The Gibberlings Three IE mod community
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2004, 11:32:29 AM »
And so, the Crimson Permanent Assurance was launched upon the high seas of international finance...
"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see..." - Home of IE mods

<jcompton> Suggested plugs include "Click here so Compton doesn't ban me. http://www.pocketplane.net/ub"

I am unfortunately not often about these days so the best way to get hold of me is via email.

Offline Ghreyfain

• PPG
  • Planewalker
    • Pocket Plane Group
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2004, 11:33:20 AM »
...sailing the wide accountancy..

For this heinously criminal pun, you are going to be first on my list of contestants to mercilessly annihilate.  I've even had the crew reinforce the keel of my ship just for this occasion.

Edit: Although now I realise you're not going to be a contestant.  In this case, consider yourself to be an honourary casualty in Ghreyfain's glorious wake.

Ahh, how I love the modesty and sportsmanship inherent in the Iron Modder competitions.
Earn Money Sleeping.